USAA

Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Total Loss Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA.

The hiring process is a long and tedious one, although it is handled and executed with professionalism. Applications can be made online; upload your resume, answer some position relevant questions, and then wait and hope for your first email assessment. If you pass the assessment, ( a typing wpm, and personality test for the position I applied for ) you will be contacted by an Human Resources representative by email to continue with a preliminary phone interview. If the phone interview goes well then you will be asked to perform a drug screen as well as set up a face-to-face interview with a manager for the department in which you are applying.

Each step in my experience took approximately a week and half in between, so you can expect a lot of waiting while you hope you are moved forward through the next step.

Interview Questions
  • The most specific and consequently the most difficult ( though expected ) question for the position that I was applying for resembled something like:

"Tell me about a specific time when a customer was unhappy about a transaction or procedure, and what you did to resolve that situation?"
      View Answer
The Human Resources representative is pretty thorough about the position, it's benefits, and compensation. There was little to "negotiate" in regards to this entry level position.

The offer is made over the phone by your HR rep if you are an approved candidate. He or she will list you the details and ask whether or not you would like to accept the job offer. You will soon receive an email requesting the same.

Other Interview Reviews for USAA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA in April 2013.

I applied, and later received an e-mail to fill out a personality quiz. I later received an e-mail, setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was general, with a few questions at the end geared towards my position, but I could tell the interview conductor was not that familiar with the position. After completing the phone interview with HR, I was interviewed by two managers in the department where I would work. The interview lasted for 30-45 minutes, and the questions were geared towards how I handled stressful situations, customer service, and experience delivering bad news. They were looking for a candidate who was empathetic, experienced in handling traumatic situations for customers, and understood the mission and core values of USAA. I received an e-mail for a urine drug test minutes after my interview ended, submitted my sample, and then had a job offer a week after testing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experiences delivering devastating news to an upset customer.   Answer Question
    This position had two paygrades, one for employees with a bachelors degree, and one lower for those without a degree. There was not any room for negotiation for this position.

Total Loss Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at USAA in August 2014.

I applied online and was sent an email to take an assessment. I took the assessment which involved a typing test and personality questions. It was pretty easy to me. I was notified that I had passed and was scheduled for a prescreen interview. I was asked about my job history and behavioral questions. Use the STAR Method. Next I was scheduled for an onsite interview. I had to complete a drug test and also Background check. I went to the interview and I was very comfortable. The Manager did an ice breaker which allowed me to feel comfortable. The questions were behavioral not as many questions as thought and the interview lasted almost an hour. Make sure you know about the company , mission statement and core values. I was told I would be contacted next week. Overall, great experience. I say just be yourself , be prepared to answer questions dealing with customer service experience and know the company. It was easier than I thought it was going to be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at USAA in May 2013.

Applied online, after a week or so got a message to complete assessments and appointment for a phone interview. Waited for 3 weeks for an answer...got rejected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at USAA in August 2010.

The Hiring process was long, it took about 2 months before I was offered the position. The first interview was by phone then second in person. They will train you for the job, they care more in a honest person.