USDA Forest Service

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at USDA Forest Service in April 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview it lasted about 15 minutes, they asked me about college, my major, career goals and expectations. It was very short sweet and to the point, the interviewer was very pleasant.

Negotiation Details – no negotiations required

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant
Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at USDA Forest Service in December 2010.

Interview Details – Received call and had an interview the next week. The interview was done with all four supervisors. Each would ask you about two questions. They were fairly simple questions based on past experiences dealing with customer service, and what you would do in certain situations, or how you have handled certain sitautions before.

Interview Question – I did not feel like any question was difficult or unreasonable for the job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a tentative job offer. I had to complete some paperwork and fax back in. I then received my job notification letter to complete the hiring process.

Forestry Aid Interview

Forestry Aid

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USDA Forest Service.

Interview Details – Supervisor reviewed SF-171 application, reviewed a few points of interest regarding experience on timber sale accounting. Offered theransfer.

Center Director Interview

Center Director

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at USDA Forest Service.

Interview Details – Great, application through Government channels is very slow.

Interview Question – standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, set wages by government.

Economics Assistant Interview

Economics Assistant
Madison, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at USDA Forest Service in April 2010.

Interview Details – My interview took place over the phone. The interviewer mostly wanted to gauge my proficiency with Excel. He did not seem interested in why i wanted to work at the organization. No cover letter was required, just a resume.

Interview Question – How would you rate your Excel skills?   Answer Question

Deputy Center Director Interview

Deputy Center Director
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USDA Forest Service in December 2009.

Interview Details – After an initial round of phone calls that followed an online submission of my resume, I was contacted by the office's recruiter and human resources manager to set up a time to meet with several senior managers. I came into the interview with a specific application already submitted, but with the understanding that the meeting was more to explore opportunities in general. The managers were very willing to help me understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of my candidacy and I left the interview with a good understanding of why I ultimately would not be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How willing would I be to locating myself at remote locations for year-long contracts?   View Answer
  • Have I served previously in the military?   View Answer

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at USDA Forest Service in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewer was rushed and wanted to get through the process. Seemed like I might have been interviewed just so they could meet criteria of interviewing top applicants.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an overload of work?   Answer Question

Service Interview

Service
Jamshedpur (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at USDA Forest Service in April 2012.

Interview Details – because i know that how this fild work

Wildlife Biologist Interview

Wildlife Biologist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at USDA Forest Service in January 2010.

Interview Details – Conference call with half a dozen people. The questions were what would would probably expect. What is your greatest strength and greatest weaknss? How do you handle conflict and how do you resolve issues? What is your communication style. What is your experience supervising? Give an example of a conflict you resolved and what techniques did you employee to solve it. What is your background with T&E species? What makes you a good selection for this position?

Interview Question – Give an example of you you successfully resolved a conflict, and what methods did you use to acheive this resolution?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USDA Forest Service in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted while working in the field for another organization. The supervisor called and left a message requesting that I call back ASAP. I did and then waited for two weeks to be called again. Was finally group interviewed where several aspects of the job (work functions essentially) were promised to me, but never delivered once I actually accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you found yourself in and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
  • How do you deal with conflicting demands and priorities?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - was hired on the GS scale.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for USDA Forest Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at USDA Forest Service interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by USDA Forest Service employees and interview candidates.