USDA Forest Service Interview Questions

2.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at USDA Forest Service (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

phone interview it lasted about 15 minutes, they asked me about college, my major, career goals and expectations. It was very short sweet and to the point, the interviewer was very pleasant.

Negotiation

no negotiations required

Forestry Aid Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USDA Forest Service.

Interview

Supervisor reviewed SF-171 application, reviewed a few points of interest regarding experience on timber sale accounting. Offered theransfer.

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at USDA Forest Service.

Interview

Great, application through Government channels is very slow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, set wages by government.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at USDA Forest Service (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2010.

Interview

Received call and had an interview the next week. The interview was done with all four supervisors. Each would ask you about two questions. They were fairly simple questions based on past experiences dealing with customer service, and what you would do in certain situations, or how you have handled certain sitautions before.

Interview Questions

• I did not feel like any question was difficult or unreasonable for the job   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a tentative job offer. I had to complete some paperwork and fax back in. I then received my job notification letter to complete the hiring process.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at USDA Forest Service (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewer was rushed and wanted to get through the process. Seemed like I might have been interviewed just so they could meet criteria of interviewing top applicants.

Economics Assistant Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at USDA Forest Service (Madison, WI) in April 2010.

Interview

My interview took place over the phone. The interviewer mostly wanted to gauge my proficiency with Excel. He did not seem interested in why i wanted to work at the organization. No cover letter was required, just a resume.

Deputy Center Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at USDA Forest Service (Denver, CO) in December 2009.

Interview

After an initial round of phone calls that followed an online submission of my resume, I was contacted by the office's recruiter and human resources manager to set up a time to meet with several senior managers. I came into the interview with a specific application already submitted, but with the understanding that the meeting was more to explore opportunities in general. The managers were very willing to help me understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of my candidacy and I left the interview with a good understanding of why I ultimately would not be offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How willing would I be to locating myself at remote locations for year-long contracts?   1 Answer
    • Have I served previously in the military?   1 Answer

Service Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at USDA Forest Service (Jamshedpur (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

because i know that how this fild work

Customer Service Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at USDA Forest Service in July 2010.

Interview

I was initially contacted while working in the field for another organization. The supervisor called and left a message requesting that I call back ASAP. I did and then waited for two weeks to be called again. Was finally group interviewed where several aspects of the job (work functions essentially) were promised to me, but never delivered once I actually accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you found yourself in and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with conflicting demands and priorities?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - was hired on the GS scale.

Wildlife Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at USDA Forest Service in January 2010.

Interview

Conference call with half a dozen people. The questions were what would would probably expect. What is your greatest strength and greatest weaknss? How do you handle conflict and how do you resolve issues? What is your communication style. What is your experience supervising? Give an example of a conflict you resolved and what techniques did you employee to solve it. What is your background with T&E species? What makes you a good selection for this position?

Interview Questions

• Give an example of you you successfully resolved a conflict, and what methods did you use to acheive this resolution?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation possible