USF Holland

Getting the Interview

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

City Driver Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at USF Holland.

Interview Details – If you are breathing can pass the dot physical and drug test they will hire you. They have a high turn over rate and can't keep enough people to get the job done timely.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Interviewed at USF Holland

Interview Details – It only took 8 days to get hired!

Interview Question – No out of the ordinary questions, just be confident and you should do well   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Holland, MI

I applied in-person and interviewed at USF Holland.

Interview Details – Long drawn out interview process. Once you get a face to face interview you get an unexperienced interviewer.

Interview Question – I dont recall. Too many questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Office Administrator (Part-Time) Interview

Olive Branch, MS

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at USF Holland.

Interview Details – Interviewing was pretty simple and straight to the point. I was contacted by HR for an interview with a member of management. Normal traditional questioning. The STAR format was not needed. Interview lasted about 20 to 30 minutes.

Interview Question – I would say the most awkward question was, "Where do you see yourself long term with this company?". As you all should know to never say "I want your job" lol.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation Wages was preset according to company.

Systems Analyst Interview

Holland, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at USF Holland.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely quick. I have been through jobs with 5 interviews and rejected, and this place had an offer in writing on the very first interview.

There was no technical assessment, which proved to a mistake for the employer as they got a mismatch of skills. They eventually let me go after just 4 weeks.

If you have the chance to interview with them, make sure YOU interview them so that you don't end up like myself. Our team had a high turnover rate and I attribute it to their interview process.

Interview Question – Hiring manager and other team member interviewed me and they wanted to know my work history and academic history. They wanted to give me an offer on the first interview so they went ahead and set me up with HR the same day for a STAR-based interview.

A lot of normal STAR questions, nothing out of the ordinary.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pay enough to make you pretty much say, "not bad". The vacation time is accrued and there is no negotiation the HR department sets that. No 401k matching (company wide policy).

There was a 43 hour mandatory work week that was not made clear during the interview. I would try and run that by them and ask them to clarify and try and negotiate it back down to a 40 hour workweek (citing work/life balance or you have kids or something)

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online and interviewed at USF Holland.

Interview Details – Based off the S.T.A.R. method of interviewing. Pretty simple.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you failed   Answer Question

Dock Supervisor Interview

Ellenwood, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at USF Holland in September 2009.

Interview Details – I have two interviews with this company. Both were basic interview, planned within day after applying. If you have experience in transportation, you chances are very good. Interview was more like a conversation that spoke about strong management skills and holding people accountable (union environment). After being hired, the negative antagonistic culture and weakness on the leadership was apparent.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with unions?   View Answer
  • Do you mind working on an open dock exposed to the elements?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was very good for someone unemployed at the time.

Linehaul Driver Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at USF Holland in July 2007.

Interview Details – Very basic, the interview process was long and drawn out for no good reason. Apparently the Terminal Manager does not have the authority to make a hiring decision, so they must wait for the corporate office to make the decision on their behalf. I took the job when it was finally offered though I often wish I had not. The interview and hiring process was an indicator of things to come, I chose to ignore that.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, the interview was strictly conversational.   Answer Question

Operation Supervisor Interview

Operation Supervisor

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at USF Holland in October 2011.

Interview Details – The recruiting agency connected me to USF Holland during a hiring conference and I interviewed with two gentlemen. The following week I did a site visit at a terminal which was then followed up with another interview with a senior level manager a week later. The next week I returned to the original terminal, did a final meeting concerning salary negotiation and benefits. I was hired, asked when I wanted to start, and began the next Monday (my choice).
   I was impressed with the no-nonsense approach that each person within the USF Holland management operated by. They were very professional and let me know ahead of time that it was not an easy job. I quickly realized that they had my back.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you failed as a leader.   View Answer
  • What would you do if an employee refused to do what you told him to do.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Surprisingly, I asked for $50K and was given $2K more. The benefits were good and it is a stable job. I would warn anyone with thin skin who is considering applying to go somewhere else. The dock workers are a hard working bunch but the union attitude is ridiculous.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for USF Holland? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at USF Holland interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by USF Holland employees and interview candidates.