USG Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2014

2.5

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USG in February 2011.

I met with USG to interview for a manager position within Information Technology. I met with an HR representative and 3 IT leaders. All the people were pleasant, informed, and had fairly consistent things to say throughout.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if this job was enough responsibility for me based on my past experience. My resume indicates positions that were higher in responsibility, and there was a general concern that I was not coming in at too low of a level. It is a valid concern, but a difficult question to answer!   Answer Question

Internship Interview

There were two phone interviews and one personal. Nice conversation and regular questions about who are you, your experience, knowledge of the company as for example relevant facts about the company

Interview Questions
    • What was the fact that surprised you more about the company history?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at USG in March 2014.

I was called for a phone interview that lasted about an hour. Due to a tight timeline, they were making hiring decision based solely on phone interviews with candidates, which really surprised me. During the hour call the interviewer gave a basic rundown of the position and products, asked questions unique to my resume and application, then asked questions that every candidate would be asked.

Interview Questions
    • What three qualities do you think make someone successful in this role?   View Answer

Tax Manager (Sales & Use) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at USG in February 2014.

I was contacted by a Sr. Recruiter through LinkedIn. After brief email exchanges a phone screening was done that ended up taking 45 minutes, in the middle of my workday. Through the process of the phone screen, it was obvious the recruiter did not take the time to read or understand my qualifications as they would pertain to the position. At one point she was just rambling off portions of my LinkedIn profile that were completely irrelevant and asking me to expand on them. The phone screen ended with the recruiter promising to send me a copy of the position posting, and a follow-up phone screen with the hiring manager the next afternoon, and was never heard from again despite two follow-up emails from me. After the fact, it seemed as if I had been used to fill some kind of quota, instead of a serious candidate search.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked the same question, whether I had directly managed any personnel, a minimum of three times.   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mediapolis, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mediapolis, IA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USG in January 2013.

Phone call then background check. Waited to here how things went with staffing agency and background check. Got a call to go interview and did at the company site. Interviewed and was told I would take a physical and once it came back I was hired.

N/A

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at USG.

Applied through campus and got a pre-screen interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes with an HR rep. Interview was straight forward and conversation style. The HR rep made me feel extremely comfortable and was very friendly. No tough questions. She just wanted to know why I was interested in USG and any prior internship experience. After the interview, I got invited to a plant visit with a week. The plant interview was just to make sure I was a good fit in the culture.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at USG in January 2013.

On campus phone interview

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at USG in January 2008.

Interviewers were people familiar withe the job with long experience who asked good question and made useful statements about job requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult business decision you have made   View Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at USG in July 2010.

It was a little long. However, I interviewed internally in my company. Therefore everything had to go through my managers, HR, and so on. All the managers were cordial, but still asked difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Who are your customers in your current accounting position.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at USG in February 2008.

Discussion of experience, Salary needs, Specific job requirements

Interview Questions

Worked for USG? Contribute to the Community!