USI Insurance Services Interview Questions

3.1

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Clemente, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Clemente, CA

I applied online - interviewed at USI Insurance Services in October 2013.

All employees have to be interviewed and hired by family that own business. Interview was conducted by all 3 family members. Interview was not professional - family had no idea what a CPA is and had no specific questions related to the position. I basically lead them on the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy questions - family does not have good interviewing skills.   Answer Question
    None -family does not negotiate salary.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USI Insurance Services in August 2012.

Easy, relatively speaking. The Human Resources representative performed an initial phone screen, followed by a panel interview with two Senior VPs. A third and final interview was with the Principal, with an offer following less than a day later.

Interview Questions
    • Who was the most difficult person you've worked for in this industry and how did you handle them?   Answer Question
    They gave me exactly what I'd asked for from the beginning, so there wasn't any need to negotiate. The offer was more than fair.

Retirement Plan Client Relationship Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at USI Insurance Services in November 2013.

I was one of the initial applicants and continued through the entire process of telephone interviews, in person and small group interviews. I continued to receive positive feedback after each interview. I met and talked to over 12 different individuals and some of them more than once. Was also told I did a great job on the final interview by two individuals, including the hiring manager. The manager said a decision was going to be made over the weekend and I would hear by the following Monday. I took the initiative on the following Thursday and contacted them. By this time, I was disappointed in the delay and lack of promised communication. I eventually received an email from the hiring manager letting me know they hired this last minute candidate. Was also invited to give the manager a call for a further explanation and so I did and never received a return telephone call. Was very disappointed in the lack of professionalism and follow through and the standards the position required. In the end, probably not a good fit for my work environment and management expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were pretty standard. The biggest challenge was meeting the diverse personalities in the office and understanding what the expectations were from each of them.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at USI Insurance Services in August 2010.

Excellent interview process with multiple levels of mgmt.

Senior Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USI Insurance Services.

My interview process was great. I had emailed the CEO at the time expressing my interest in joining the team and he wrote me back (on a Friday night mind you) and he connected me with the USI Corporate Recruiter and I had a telephone interview that evening and was scheduled for an in person interview the following Monday. I met with the Practice Leader, the VP of the Sales & Account Management team and then got to meet with the Employee Benefits team. Overall the interview process went very well. I was offered the job that Thursday and started the following Tuesday (Monday was a holiday)

Interview Questions
    There was an offer letter extended, I negotiated a couple of items and we came to a mutual agreement.

Producer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at USI Insurance Services in January 2014.

I felt really good about the recruiting process I went through at USI. The recruiter I worked with was a USI employee so I felt that they were invested in making sure I would be a good fit for USI for both my sake and the company. I had 3 interviews that spanned over a 3-4 week period. They included several different styles - resume based questions, behavioral based questions, and there was an element of role play type questions. I also had to had to put together a business plan as part of the process and I went through an online assessment that was comprehensive.

Interview Questions
    • Role play was a bit daunting, I had to be on my toes to make sure that in a real life situation I would be able to respond appropriately.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was good, very little needed but company was responsive and we moved quickly.

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at USI Insurance Services.

The interview and hiring process moves quickly! Recruiters are very open and keep you looped into the interview process. Hiring process was simple. Onboard within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Understood my salary expectations. Went to bat for me and the best offer was extended and accepted. Little to no negotiation needed.

Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USI Insurance Services in September 2012.

Had two interviews and then an offer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

interviewed at USI Insurance Services in October 2012.

The outcome of the whole interview process exceeded my expectations in any way. I was referred by a company employee, submitted my resume and was scheduled for a phone interview with the Recruitment Consultant of the company. The phone interview was friendly and relaxed. I was not asked any direct questions and during the conversation I have provided all the information about my skills and background. From that moment I knew I can trust this company, they knew what they are doing. The open position at that time was an entry level but I was willing and very motivated to start from the beginning and make my way up. Luckily, the company was in the process of acquiring another company and more positions to become available in the coming weeks. The Recruitment Consultant was contacting me regularly, giving me updates on the acquisition process. I could feel her willingness to match my skills with the best position for me. It took a couple of months before I was invited for an in person interview for the entry level position. Respectful and positive attitude from Managers, it always helps when you try to present yourself in the best possible way. Right after the interview, I received the personality test and provided the company with my references. In a couple of days, I was unexpectedly invited for a second interview with the Manager of a higher position, which exactly matched my skills and educational background. The interview was more detailed about my skills, strengths, weaknesses and experience. I was very excited and motivated. The outcome - I was offered the higher position and accepted it. From day one, this whole experience was worth it. I also had enough time to get familiar with the company, its structure and to realize this is exactly the company I am willing to work for. Great experience I will never forget.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at USI Insurance Services in August 2009.

Several in-person meetings.

Interview Questions
    • What strategies would you use to set a new appointment   View Answer

Worked for USI Insurance Services? Contribute to the Community!