USIC

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

1.9

Field Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at USIC.

Had an initial phone screening with an HR rep. The questions asked were pretty basic to include leadership style and situational problem solving questions. I felt very comfortable because of the interviewer. I interviewed Friday and was informed monday morning that I was invited for a site interview. Unfortunately 3 weeks went by without hearing back. People were hard to get a hold of to follow up for the next part. By the time I finally had heard anything they just slapped a date and time on me that I couldn't make as I was in the process of moving. I decided to not continue in the process because of the lack of communication and following up.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your leadership style.   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time that you had To solve a problem from start to finish.   View Answer

Utility Locate Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at USIC.

Took forever to hear if I was going to get the job or not. Spent more time waiting for an answer and call back than i did in the entire training program. When I finally got a call about the job it was last minute. Had to make sudden changes to my personal life to make training on opposite side of state from where I live. If I could do it again I would never have taken this job.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult question. Mostly common sense questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase

Utility Locate Technician Interview

The most simple interview ever. I showed up dress ok, a tucked in shirt nice pants, clean shaven... Better than the two guys interviewing me. Just be confident, the job is crap and its just to get you by, no reason to sweet anything.

none

Utility Locate Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at USIC in July 2014.

Was interviewed on a Wednesday @10am, very simple and straight-forward interview, nothing out of the ordinary question-wise. Asked to do a ride along the following Friday from 7am to 6pm. Offered the job from HR halfway through the ride along.

Interview Questions
    • NO unexpected questions were asked. Very simple interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at USIC in June 2014.

Interview was simple and straight forward. Very simple selection process. If you are hungry you have a job and lots of work. Salary was upfront $14/hr. Truck to take home upon graduation from a three week training class. Tools and a safety first culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USIC in December 2013.

I met the supervisor at a mcdonalds and it was so loud in there I could hardly understand him. I was interrupted 3 different times by his cell phone. I didn't get a good feeling about this company because he looked very tired, and also because he told me as soon as his daughter was out of school he was gone!

Utility Locate Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at USIC.

Applied online. About a month to hear anything then once you get a phone call it is quick moving from there. Interview in the closest main office or place of the interviewers choosing. Then a ride-along which is a good way to see this job first hand since it is not like any other job. Then paid training if you accept the job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at USIC in November 2013.

I met the lady that interviewed me in a hotel conference room. She didn't really ask anything about my work history she just asked if I am sure I want to work long hours. Then she handed me a piece of paper that said 5-20 hours of over time is manditory. She did not mention that 6-7 days a week is manditory, working every weekend. And it was more like 70 hours a week

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Her paper said 14 an hour and that was all you could get.

Utility Locator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at USIC in February 2013.

Was a simple interview, they asked questions from a form, wrote a few notes, and had me do a ride along with one of their locators.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at USIC.

very unproffesional. made promises during interview process that were never followed through with. promised a $1 raise after first 6 months. even though i had no damages, no absenses, and top productivety, i only got a .25 raise after 8 months.

very dishonest employer