USIC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thornton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at USIC in June 2014.

Interview was simple and straight forward. Very simple selection process. If you are hungry you have a job and lots of work. Salary was upfront $14/hr. Truck to take home upon graduation from a three week training class. Tools and a safety first culture.

Utility Locate Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at USIC in July 2014.

Was interviewed on a Wednesday @10am, very simple and straight-forward interview, nothing out of the ordinary question-wise. Asked to do a ride along the following Friday from 7am to 6pm. Offered the job from HR halfway through the ride along.

Interview Questions
    • NO unexpected questions were asked. Very simple interview process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at USIC in November 2012.

Sucks, its based on people recpommended from current employees, the person you get interviewed by my not be the person you work for. Got told you would work this area but then get put somewhere else

Utility Locator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at USIC in January 2010.

The interview was good. Easy questions about background. They wanted to let me know the job was high stress level. They make sure you do a ride along to make sure you really want the job.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at USIC in August 2010.

Initial phone screen stating that the starting salary is 13.00 and if this is acceptable, followed by an interview with two field supervisors that have no background in HR or how to properly conduct a interview. The second interview consist of a 30 minute test. After which, I was asked to step into the hallway and photographed for a employee ID.

Interview Questions
    • With your background. Why would you want to work here?   View Answer
    • My question to my interviewers, Where did you work before you worked here?   View Answer
    There was none, more take it or leave attitude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USIC in December 2013.

I met the supervisor at a mcdonalds and it was so loud in there I could hardly understand him. I was interrupted 3 different times by his cell phone. I didn't get a good feeling about this company because he looked very tired, and also because he told me as soon as his daughter was out of school he was gone!

Utility Locate Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at USIC.

Applied online. About a month to hear anything then once you get a phone call it is quick moving from there. Interview in the closest main office or place of the interviewers choosing. Then a ride-along which is a good way to see this job first hand since it is not like any other job. Then paid training if you accept the job offer.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at USIC in November 2009.

Interview process was very professional. Resume was submitted, spoke with HR, Spoke with Distict Manager, spoke again with HR and was then offered the job by District Manager

Interview Questions
    • What could current management do to improve the results at USIC.   View Answers (2)
    They offered and I accepted

Utility Locator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at USIC in February 2013.

Was a simple interview, they asked questions from a form, wrote a few notes, and had me do a ride along with one of their locators.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bowling Green, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USIC.

very unproffesional. made promises during interview process that were never followed through with. promised a $1 raise after first 6 months. even though i had no damages, no absenses, and top productivety, i only got a .25 raise after 8 months.

very dishonest employer

Worked for USIC? Contribute to the Community!