UT Health Science Center San Antonio

www.uthscsa.edu

UT Health Science Center San Antonio Interview Questions

3.2

Research Assistant Interview

Within a month after submitting an application, I have gotten a call back from the employer and we scheduled for an interview. At an interview, I was asked about my educational background and research experience. It was very friendly and informative.

Health Educator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio.

- Received an email directly from the Hiring Manager
    1-1 w/t hiring manager

Biller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio in April 2013.

First i applied for the position online and about 2 weeks later I get a call from someone at UTHSC and she did a phone interview a couple of days later I was contacted for a face to face interview. I arrived about 20 minutes early and the hr rep was about 15 minutes late the interview was with a panel of people and they asked questions like tell me about yourself and if you were a hiring for the position what would you look for in an employee. The interview went pretty good but its been a week now and I havent heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • If i were to call your previous employer what would they say you need help with?   Answer Question

Business Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio.

I had five interviews overall spanning four months. At the end of my last interview I was told that things had gone very well and they would be making a decision that day. Four mounths passed, my phone calls were not returned, my requests for feedback were ignored. UNPROFESSIONAL!

Systems Administrator - Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio in August 2012.

I interviewed in the Dean of Medicine's office in 2012. The position was attractive because it seemed challenging and in a high-profile area of the organization. I interviewed once by phone and then twice in person. Made it to the final round (2 candidates) interviewed. In the end, I waited more than a month until I finally received a rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • "You are clearly overqualified for this position. Why do you want the job?" I had outlined my career track, goals, skills, knowledge and experience in the cover letter. This was my dream job and I had targeted it. The interviewer (an Assistant Dean) commented that she felt she would be unable to confidently direct me in my duties... how do you show self-credibility and be demure at the same time???   View Answer

Student Assistant Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio in February 2010.

Asked questions about what kind of work I was willing to do and what I had done before. In general, they were just looking for cultural fit and willingness to work hard. For salaried personnel, they generally want specific tasks you have performed before and how they are relevant to what you would be doing. After all, many research positions here have very broad focuses. Accent any skills you have in grant-writing, contract/budget management, or contract writing.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your quantitative skills. [They will usually grill you a little about analyses and their data requirements/assumptions]   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Most salaries are based on what is available in the grant. If it is a hard-money position, there may be more opportunity for negotiation.

Assistant Professor Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UT Health Science Center San Antonio in January 2009.

Smooth, professional, friendly, variety of people/panels.

Interview Questions
    • What strategies have you used in the classroom to teach content and theory in ghealth Disparities?   Answer Question