UT Southwestern Medical Center

2.6

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in October 2014.

It was a on-site interview for a job fair. Immediately interviewed with a RN and then she offered a job on her unit. Human resource person was there and explained the next steps. Now I have to wait to hear back to make a time to show them shot records and drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were well appropriated for the position. Just keep in mind how you will handle caring for more than 4 patients and what you believe the best actions are in that scenario.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in October 2014.

There was one interview...fast callback. The recruiter was very nice and organized. The interview was laid back and straight forward. The manager and charge nurse was very professional yet encouraging. They made a very nervoua new grad comfortable.

There was no negotiation

Education Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

The hiring process, for me, was really easy. I applied for the job, they brought me in to interview. I interviewed with 4 different people in the department. Then, I got a call about 1 week later saying I got the job.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Two-three rotations your first year. Whether you end up in the lab you like is up to how hard you worked, whether the head of the lab likes you and your science, and the lab's funding.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if your experiment fails.   View Answer
    No negotiation - every graduate student gets the same stipend.

Clinical Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in February 2014.

Was contacted by the Clinical Research Coordinator within 2 days of applying. She was very nice, friendly, and professional. The process takes a long time from start to finish due to being in the healthcare field. I submitted an application in the beginning of January, was interviewed in early February, and was not officially hired until the end of March.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions if you prepared yourself well.   Answer Question

Accountant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in February 2014.

I Applied begging of Feb. Was called a week later to interview with Director and Department supervisor. Received offer four days later. After offer is accepted you must pick up offer letter in person and sign with Human resources as this is the company process.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was very basic questions regarding budgets and general ledgers.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in January 2014.

Apply online, contact by the PI through e-mail. schedule for a face-to-face interview. Was asking for a reference from previous professor from college. Then contact by the PI again to give offer. HR will follow up and just follow the standard procedure they setup.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question, just casual talking. Were ask about my future plan.   Answer Question

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in November 2013.

it was so ugly after i spent big time to reach to interview then i met with Lab manager (female) and two supervisors one of those is for chemistry which i applied for
    it took one or two minutes for the manager to excuse herself to leave me even before i start the interview for personal reason and then both supervisors told me to leave and i was sad asking what happened they said its ok the interview is done
    later i complained to recruiter which she is in different world and she wont listen or read my emails except she said we hvae gave the chance to be interviewed what you need more !!! believe me UT Southwester is not good place to work for with those kind of people who do not care about your right for interview i hope i am wrong here but i am sure this is the reality and god is my witness ,, stay away from them

Interview Questions
    • not even asked any question they just want to show equal opportunity is given to many people for the job and they know who they want to hire   View Answers (2)

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in October 2013.

Communication is usually by email to come in for an interview. The next level is to meet with other administrative staff, who also interview.

Interview Questions
    • What goals have you set for yourself, and if not reaching them, please explain why?   View Answers (2)
    Salary was agreed upon the standards of 10% increase. This is usually the standard set at UT Southwestern, if being promoted from within. Not sure what the standard is if coming in from the outside.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

A friend gave my name for an admin opening to her boss. I got a call that same week, but strangely, it was directly from her department and not from HR. This does happen, but the norm is to send your application online, you can choose to be considered for various jobs with the same CV. HR will email you if they think you could be a good fit, sometimes they will contact you not for the position(s) you applied for,but will present you with other opportunities. You will first have to set up an appointment to get tested at HR. In my case the dept. called to set a date and tell me who i was going to interview with (department admi coordinator, then dept. mgr, finally my direct boss. She ended not being available, and after 1-on-1 interviews with admin coord and department mgr, they re-schedule for the next week. My interview with the boss seemed to be more pro-forma, I had been approved by the other levels, and it seem to see if "the vibe was good" It was so, that say was ok. she after my interview the I was asked to arrange with HR to present my application and arrange to get tested. Not very much room for salary negotiation at this level,

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, no specific difficult question, kind of the normal for this type of position.   View Answers (2)
    No room for much of a negotiation, their attitude was very friendly, but the system seems to not give them too much room to wiggle.