UT Southwestern Medical Center

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.7

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

15 minute HR Phone Screen, followed by a 15 min phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an in-person team interview with the group. I got the call for the phone screen about 4 weeks after I applied online. Then there was a two week gap until the phone interview by the hiring manager, and again a 4 week gap until the team interview.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I received an email from the nurse recruiter a few weeks after submitting an online application asking for references and a preferred interview time. I was flying in to interview from out of state (a phone interview option was not discussed) and she was willing to accommodate me with a time slot that accommodated my flight plans. The actual interview occurred in the department I applied for, with two RNs asking questions. They were friendly and not at all intimidating, which was reassuring for a new graduate. Most of the questions were situational/behavioral. They told me when to expect a call, and thanked my for traveling to interview in person. The interview itself lasted about an hour. I received an email with a job offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How do you personally promote patient safety?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you walked in the morning to find your patient non-responsive?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation- as a new graduate you get what you get.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Interview

Standard interview process; phone, in-person, and 2nd in-person interview. Lengthy process due to schedule restraints of interviewers, but this is dependent on department. If an offer is made it is tentative on background, reference checks, etc.

Interview Questions

• Not necessarily difficult questions or unexpected questions, but rather being prepared to provide samples of your work to fit the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a min, mid, and max point set on salary for all positions. Was made an offer less than what I was asking for, made a counter offer and it was accepted.

Lab Technician II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a month later by phone. 2 days later I received an e-mail with the date and time for the interview. The questions included why I chose to go the university I went to, about my future plans, and what my past supervisors might say about me. I was nervous with it being my first interview but the interviewer was pretty nice and chill. Be sure you arrive with plenty of time ahead to find the room of interview!

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Interviewer was just trying to know about me and my future.   Answer Question

Reimbursement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Interview

I was recruited from outside of Texas. Therefore all interviews were conducted via telephone. A job offer was made without a face-to-face. They had the typical HR screening interview. One telephone interview with direct management and peer management. Final telephone interview was senior department management. Job offer was made within one week. Screening and background checks went through quickly. Was able to start work within 14 days of job offer including relocation. They did not offer assistance and relocation.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were fairly typical. The interviewers did not have a in-depth knowledge of the job function I was applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since this was a job working for the state government there was little room for initiation.

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a on-site interview for a job fair. Immediately interviewed with a RN and then she offered a job on her unit. Human resource person was there and explained the next steps. Now I have to wait to hear back to make a time to show them shot records and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• All questions were well appropriated for the position. Just keep in mind how you will handle caring for more than 4 patients and what you believe the best actions are in that scenario.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

There was one interview...fast callback. The recruiter was very nice and organized. The interview was laid back and straight forward. The manager and charge nurse was very professional yet encouraging. They made a very nervoua new grad comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in October 2014.

Interview

I interview through a College campus recruiting event. I interviewed with 3 people that took all 30 minutes, the group of people were kind and very nice.

It was very easy, I just mainly talked about myself and my experiences. I believe Suresh is a straight shooter and offer a job on the spot. He was true to his word and I have a written offer. So if he says you have the job, then you have the job.

Just be yourself.

Administrative Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Interview

be advised that the supervisors and managers are very slow to interview due to their own busy schedules. HR does not provide initial interviews to assist departments in hiring staff, so be patient and call HR frequently after you apply for any positions.

Negotiation

there wasn't any, I accepted what was offered at the time

Research Study Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Was called from a PI office that I didn't actually apply to and was offered a phone interview. From there an in-person interview with management, PI, and Co-PIs. Both interviews were pretty typical of interviews. Nothing hard to answer. Asked about my experience and goals, etc.

Interview Questions

• Just general interview questions. Asked about experience, etc.   Answer Question