UT Southwestern Medical Center

Updated Dec 31, 2014
Updated Dec 31, 2014

2.7

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Standard interview process; phone, in-person, and 2nd in-person interview. Lengthy process due to schedule restraints of interviewers, but this is dependent on department. If an offer is made it is tentative on background, reference checks, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Not necessarily difficult questions or unexpected questions, but rather being prepared to provide samples of your work to fit the position.   Answer Question
    There is a min, mid, and max point set on salary for all positions. Was made an offer less than what I was asking for, made a counter offer and it was accepted.

Lab Technician II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in November 2014.

Applied online and was contacted a month later by phone. 2 days later I received an e-mail with the date and time for the interview. The questions included why I chose to go the university I went to, about my future plans, and what my past supervisors might say about me. I was nervous with it being my first interview but the interviewer was pretty nice and chill. Be sure you arrive with plenty of time ahead to find the room of interview!

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Interviewer was just trying to know about me and my future.   Answer Question

Reimbursement Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

I was recruited from outside of Texas. Therefore all interviews were conducted via telephone. A job offer was made without a face-to-face. They had the typical HR screening interview. One telephone interview with direct management and peer management. Final telephone interview was senior department management. Job offer was made within one week. Screening and background checks went through quickly. Was able to start work within 14 days of job offer including relocation. They did not offer assistance and relocation.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were fairly typical. The interviewers did not have a in-depth knowledge of the job function I was applying for.   Answer Question
    Since this was a job working for the state government there was little room for initiation.

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in October 2014.

It was a on-site interview for a job fair. Immediately interviewed with a RN and then she offered a job on her unit. Human resource person was there and explained the next steps. Now I have to wait to hear back to make a time to show them shot records and drug screening.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were well appropriated for the position. Just keep in mind how you will handle caring for more than 4 patients and what you believe the best actions are in that scenario.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in October 2014.

There was one interview...fast callback. The recruiter was very nice and organized. The interview was laid back and straight forward. The manager and charge nurse was very professional yet encouraging. They made a very nervoua new grad comfortable.

There was no negotiation

Applications Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in October 2014.

I interview through a College campus recruiting event. I interviewed with 3 people that took all 30 minutes, the group of people were kind and very nice.

It was very easy, I just mainly talked about myself and my experiences. I believe Suresh is a straight shooter and offer a job on the spot. He was true to his word and I have a written offer. So if he says you have the job, then you have the job.

Just be yourself.

Administrative Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

be advised that the supervisors and managers are very slow to interview due to their own busy schedules. HR does not provide initial interviews to assist departments in hiring staff, so be patient and call HR frequently after you apply for any positions.

there wasn't any, I accepted what was offered at the time

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in July 2014.

I was contacted by the PI directly by email to set up an in person interview or a phone interview if I was not local. The initial interview lasted about an hour and a half. The PI was interested in my lab background, career goals, why I had left previous positions, and what I wanted out of a new job.

Interview Questions
    I was contacted by HR with an offer and salary. I accepted because it seemed like a reasonable offer.

Research Assistant I Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Took forever. I applied in the fall and didn't hear back until around 6 months had passed. Interview process moved fairly fast as soon as I had my interview. I was working in less than a month after I viewed the lab.

Interview Questions
    • N/A They just asked about past experience and if I was willing to learn   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Research Technician II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

It depends on the person. Some will have phone interview and then in-person interview, some just in-person. It helps to read the research beforehand so you have something to discuss. Usually if you have no prior experience in a research lab, the chances of getting the job are lower which is dumb considering you are going to be trained for a few months.