UT Southwestern Medical Center

www.utsouthwestern.edu
  www.utsouthwestern.edu

UT Southwestern Medical Center Senior Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center in April 2009.

I was initially called by a recruiter and then invited for an interview. Afterward I was invited to do skills testing that consisted of Word, Excel, typing speed, and spelling of 100 words by selecting "correct" or "incorrect." If you want to be considered for more than the one position, they basically toss you onto the system and the individual departments will call. I was contacted by four departments, but the job I ultimately accepted, I interviewed with the department manager, and several days later met with the two faculty physicians I would support. A few days after that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • The doctor wants to start a database for his cases. Do you know how to create a database?   View Answer
There really is no negotiation, but keep these things in mind when deciding whether to accept the offer. The "range" they give you for your position does not reflect your earning potential. You cannot even make it to the mid-point without special permission from human resources and tons of justification. There is a MANDATORY 6.4% contribution to the retirement system. You cannot opt out, and there are no means to borrow against it for emergencies. So whatever you are offered, subtract that amount for what you'll really see. It's still yours, but if you're working out a family budget you need to keep this in mind. Merit increases are at the whim of the state budget and then the university president. One year we were informed there wouldn't be any at all because of the state budget. The next year they only allowed "limited," which turned out to be 1.5% if you got anything at all. You also have to pay for parking, which this year is $325. They deduct it monthly from your check. The benefits are anemic. While you do get benefits, they are bottom of the barrel. You will pay a LOT of out-of-pocket for both medical and dental. My dentist said I had the cheapest Delta plan there is out there. They always had to ask the insurance company for a specific estimate because their system didn't have the "cheesy level rates" in it.

Other Interview Reviews for UT Southwestern Medical Center

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UT Southwestern Medical Center.

Applied online, was contacted to take assessment that consisted of spelling, typing, MS Word and Exce. Spoke with recruiter after receiving result. Was contacted a few hours later to schedule interview.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the initial offer, as it was satisfying to me.

Worked for UT Southwestern Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!