UTC Fire & Security Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UTC Fire & Security (Tampa, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial application was through company website. Contact back resulted in approximately one hour telephone interview, weeks later a roughly 5 hour on-site interview. Lengthy delay between stages possibly due to intervening holidays. Operation is split between Canada and the US. The engineering interviewers were excellent. All of the individuals I met were competent and on the same page. Interesting application.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UTC Fire & Security (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Interview process was very cordial and management that interviewed me asked great questions. I felt very comfortable

Interview Questions

• Name 3 words that describe you as a person, and as a sales person   1 Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at UTC Fire & Security (Bradenton, FL).

Interview

The interview process was especially easy. I only spoke once with the individual that resulted as my direct manager via a phone interview and was offered the internship at the end of the first call.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked my education and involvement at university.   Answer Question

M & A Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UTC Fire & Security.

Interview

Very simple, I was contacted by two Associates working within the division. Basic behavioral questions and a detailed run through of my resume. Very nice and professional even though it was a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult. Just be able to detail every point in your resume and talk about what you are learning in your classes.   Answer Question

Sales, Marketing and Operations Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UTC Fire & Security (New Delhi (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

There was a technical written round of 15 minutes with 30 easy questions followed by a case study cum Group Discussion session. Finally there were two interview rounds - PI and HR CTC - 6lacs for the training period and posting can be anywhere in India (probably gurgaon or Bangalore)

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were asked in the interview mostly from the written test with reasons.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UTC Fire & Security (Hyderābād (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

attended first round asked about Embedded C questions, asked about RTOS IPC concepts and socket programs

Interview Questions

• what are different layers in the OSI model and explain. What is the criteria to select RTOS   Answer Question
    • what are the different fields in the ethernet frame   Answer Question

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UTC Fire & Security in January 2012.

Interview

Very friendly and positve interviewer. Was insterested in everything I said. He mainly asked how i would deal with certain situations.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gdańsk (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UTC Fire & Security (Gdańsk (Poland)) in January 2011.

Interview

The full proces was two meetings. It was well organized. The first one was checking my technical skills and I had also a talk with Human Resource manager. The second meeting was a talk with site manager. The interviewers were very kind and I was able to negotiate a good salary.

Interview Questions

• Create a time diagram for elevator in UML.   Answer Question
    • Solve some embroiled inheritance problem with pure and not only virtual methods (C++)   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UTC Fire & Security in November 2008.

Interview

I was a phone test because I was out of town. From there they notify me of receiving the job and started shortly after. I went through Inroads, Inc.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakest attribute?   1 Answer