UTHealth Houston

2.0

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in September 2013.

One interview. Supervisor and Finance Project Manager. References never checked. Asked to work right away. Thrown into an unorganized, unstructured environment.

Interview Questions
    • Was I in California for job interviews?   View Answer
    Discuss salary. Discuss every detail of the job. Ask for a job description. Ask for a manual with policies and procedures. Ask for time to figure out your desk, meet your co-workers, discuss benefits, etc.

Research Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in August 2013.

The most offensive interview I've ever experienced. Interview by MD researcher who was relatively new to TX, she spent 20 mins ranting about how much she dislikes UT, Texas, the Governor, the Legislature, oil, cowboys, steers and football. Only asked one question completely unrelated to my education and experience.

Interview Questions
    • At end of "interview", I had not been asked one question so I asked, "do you have any questions for me", she replied, "No. Well, yes, where did you get your blouse"?   View Answer

Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in October 2012.

A one on one interview was scheduled. Met with clinic manager, some other nutritionist hired had to be interviewed by other Clinic/Admin Nutritionists. Very friendly environment.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. Future goals, work ethic, bilingual a must.   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at UTHealth Houston in August 2012.

I was called by a lady and asked to come in for an interview. Since I did not have any other engagements, I scheduled the interview for the next day. During the interview, I met with the PI and he asked me a series of questions while explaining the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with patient interviews, screening and abstract preparation? Do you intend to pursue further education?   Answer Question

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in May 2012.

The interview process was simple. I applied online from a job board, and I was called in for a sit-down interview. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes, then I was given a short tour of the facility. Next, I was introduced to my prospective coworkers and I was taken to lunch. Three days later, I received the offer.

Interview Questions
    • You have zero experience in one of the primary duties of this position. Why should I hire you?   Answer Question
    I was informed of the salary range and I was asked if it was acceptable because there was virtually no room for negotiation. If you are seeking a job at UTHealth for the experience, I would say 'go for it'; however, if you think you will receive merit raises or bonuses, you are mistaken. I would recommend asking for the tip top of the salary range in the beginning. Some of my coworkers have been here for 7+ years and they are still at their hired-in salary. Working for the state has many benefits, but salary is not one of them.

Admission Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in February 2012.

I was contacted by HR and they gave me the initial phone interview. It was fairly basic and they said if the Hiring manager was interested they would contact me for an interview. About a week later I was contacted by the hiring manager and asked to come in later.

Interview Questions
    • If things got difficult would I be able to handle the pressure.   View Answer
    • How detail oriented am I?   View Answer
    No. they had a set salary.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in July 2011.

The Interview was extremely easy. I really didn't answer many questions. It seemed from the beginning that they were trying to sell me the position. I believe the salary range is under 25K. I was emailed for a second interview with the main research Doctor however I was given little notice And was not able to make it to the interview. Since there are many research programs I cannot say that the interview process will be any way similar.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in April 2010.

I submitted my application through the graduate school first, but was place on the wait-list. The department of MMG inivted me for an interview independently of GSBS. I met with 8 professors for 30 minutes each. It mostly involved listening to them explaining their science and asking interesting questions. I got questions like, what field are you interested in, or what do you want to work on ('scientifically')? Also, what was your undergraduate research about? etc. Mostly science discussion.

Interview Questions
    • There we no hard questions as long as you are engaged in the scientitifc discussion and have read the research of all of the professors you are going to meet. Do NOT go interview at GSBS without reading about the latest scientific discoveries of the interviewers.   Answer Question
    There was none. You get what they give you.