UTHealth Houston Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.2

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UTHealth Houston.

Applied online via the UT Health website. Had an in person interview and was offered position in a couple of days. Interview process was really easy, but I'm sure it depends on what department or group you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Based on resume and experience. I was told that HR sends them a range and they always pick the highest amount.

Research Assistant I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in April 2014.

Applied via the website. Took 2 weeks to get confirmation that the team received my info. Then the next day I got an interview request via email.

Went to my interview where the head researcher explained the focus of the study. Researcher asked me questions related to my experience. This interview felt more like a chance to explain my interests and experience. Very comfortable. Took about 30 minutes.

Then the next 30 minutes I was interviewed by the research coordinator. This second interview was standard interview process as in coordinator asked the typical questions found in an interview. (what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, etc).

Lab Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UTHealth Houston.

Received an email asking to me call and schedule an interview. Interviewed with Lab coordinator and a current lab tech. No formal interview questions were asked. Coordinator and lab tech just discussed the duties and daily tasks of the job.

Media Relations Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UTHealth Houston.

I did a group interview with 5 interviewers. It was scary going in, but everyone was very nice. They did ask what I knew about the University and if I had read the press releases.

Interview Questions
    • I also had "homework" to do a press release from a study, with a 72 hour turn around. Be prepared!   View Answer

Senior Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in September 2013.

One interview. Supervisor and Finance Project Manager. References never checked. Asked to work right away. Thrown into an unorganized, unstructured environment.

Interview Questions
    • Was I in California for job interviews?   View Answer
    Discuss salary. Discuss every detail of the job. Ask for a job description. Ask for a manual with policies and procedures. Ask for time to figure out your desk, meet your co-workers, discuss benefits, etc.

Research Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in August 2013.

The most offensive interview I've ever experienced. Interview by MD researcher who was relatively new to TX, she spent 20 mins ranting about how much she dislikes UT, Texas, the Governor, the Legislature, oil, cowboys, steers and football. Only asked one question completely unrelated to my education and experience.

Interview Questions
    • At end of "interview", I had not been asked one question so I asked, "do you have any questions for me", she replied, "No. Well, yes, where did you get your blouse"?   View Answer

Research Assistant II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UTHealth Houston.

The hiring manager e-mailed to set up an interview and I attended the interview next day. It was a face-to-face interview directly in the lab with the hiring person.

Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in October 2012.

A one on one interview was scheduled. Met with clinic manager, some other nutritionist hired had to be interviewed by other Clinic/Admin Nutritionists. Very friendly environment.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. Future goals, work ethic, bilingual a must.   Answer Question

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at UTHealth Houston in August 2012.

I was called by a lady and asked to come in for an interview. Since I did not have any other engagements, I scheduled the interview for the next day. During the interview, I met with the PI and he asked me a series of questions while explaining the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with patient interviews, screening and abstract preparation? Do you intend to pursue further education?   Answer Question

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in May 2012.

The interview process was simple. I applied online from a job board, and I was called in for a sit-down interview. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes, then I was given a short tour of the facility. Next, I was introduced to my prospective coworkers and I was taken to lunch. Three days later, I received the offer.

Interview Questions
    • You have zero experience in one of the primary duties of this position. Why should I hire you?   Answer Question
    I was informed of the salary range and I was asked if it was acceptable because there was virtually no room for negotiation. If you are seeking a job at UTHealth for the experience, I would say 'go for it'; however, if you think you will receive merit raises or bonuses, you are mistaken. I would recommend asking for the tip top of the salary range in the beginning. Some of my coworkers have been here for 7+ years and they are still at their hired-in salary. Working for the state has many benefits, but salary is not one of them.