UTHealth Houston

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.2

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at UTHealth Houston.

I have referred by a former master student to the interview. The interviewer asked me couple of questions regarding to my software experience and my field of interests. Then showed my prototypes of the project and finally offered me the job, Really easy.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked me about my background in a field which I wasn't familiar with it.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in August 2014.

Easy, laid back, large interview panel (5+ employees). My skills did not entirely match the position (60%) but I was willing to learn - they wanted 99% to match. Although I did not get the job, I learnt a lot from the interview process.

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UTHealth Houston.

Applied online via the UT Health website. Had an in person interview and was offered position in a couple of days. Interview process was really easy, but I'm sure it depends on what department or group you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Based on resume and experience. I was told that HR sends them a range and they always pick the highest amount.

Research Assistant I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in April 2014.

Applied via the website. Took 2 weeks to get confirmation that the team received my info. Then the next day I got an interview request via email.

Went to my interview where the head researcher explained the focus of the study. Researcher asked me questions related to my experience. This interview felt more like a chance to explain my interests and experience. Very comfortable. Took about 30 minutes.

Then the next 30 minutes I was interviewed by the research coordinator. This second interview was standard interview process as in coordinator asked the typical questions found in an interview. (what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, etc).

Lab Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UTHealth Houston.

Received an email asking to me call and schedule an interview. Interviewed with Lab coordinator and a current lab tech. No formal interview questions were asked. Coordinator and lab tech just discussed the duties and daily tasks of the job.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UTHealth Houston in March 2014.

I applied online and was notified by email regarding an interview. I had one interview and was offered the position one week after. I interviewed with the department head as well as the medical vice chir.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a higher salary. They asked the lowest salary that I would accept. They then offered that.

Media Relations Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UTHealth Houston.

I did a group interview with 5 interviewers. It was scary going in, but everyone was very nice. They did ask what I knew about the University and if I had read the press releases.

Interview Questions
    • I also had "homework" to do a press release from a study, with a 72 hour turn around. Be prepared!   View Answer

Senior Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in September 2013.

One interview. Supervisor and Finance Project Manager. References never checked. Asked to work right away. Thrown into an unorganized, unstructured environment.

Interview Questions
    • Was I in California for job interviews?   View Answer
    Discuss salary. Discuss every detail of the job. Ask for a job description. Ask for a manual with policies and procedures. Ask for time to figure out your desk, meet your co-workers, discuss benefits, etc.

Research Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UTHealth Houston in August 2013.

The most offensive interview I've ever experienced. Interview by MD researcher who was relatively new to TX, she spent 20 mins ranting about how much she dislikes UT, Texas, the Governor, the Legislature, oil, cowboys, steers and football. Only asked one question completely unrelated to my education and experience.

Interview Questions
    • At end of "interview", I had not been asked one question so I asked, "do you have any questions for me", she replied, "No. Well, yes, where did you get your blouse"?   View Answer

Research Assistant II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UTHealth Houston.

The hiring manager e-mailed to set up an interview and I attended the interview next day. It was a face-to-face interview directly in the lab with the hiring person.