UTHealth Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.3

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UTHealth.

Interview

Very smooth and organized interview. Multiple people in interview, have an interview, tour facility, meet staff. Interview was about 2.5 hours long and several questions were asked. Great experience and wonderful staff.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UTHealth in July 2015.

Interview

I found the interview to be typical. I was asked questions that are expected in an interview. I was interviewed by two employees. They made me feel at ease during my meeting. Many questions pertained to experience in performing the job duties. No questions were asked regarding situational scenarios. I was told they had large number of applicants and only a few would be selected for a 2nd interview. The next business day I was emailed and told other candidates were chosen for the next interview sets. They did pay for 90% of my parking.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to schedule a phone interview. I had a brief phone interview s with the HR consultant. I was invited for a panel interview. Everyone was very nice and easy questions and everyone made me feel comfortable.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UTHealth.

Interview

I have referred by a former master student to the interview. The interviewer asked me couple of questions regarding to my software experience and my field of interests. Then showed my prototypes of the project and finally offered me the job, Really easy.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me about my background in a field which I wasn't familiar with it.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTHealth (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with the PI only. The interview went fine. And didn't go through a lot of details. It is short and mostly the resume and research experiences match. Then it is just a process and then the recommendation letters were requested.

Interview Questions

• Like, what experiences do you have on this or that. And based on your resume. Etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate with salary, as postdoc fellow doesn't earn money.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UTHealth (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Your pretty average interview. I met with multiple members of the team including my direct supervisor and the head of HR. The interview was relatively low pressure and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous work experience as well as where I see myself in the future. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTHealth in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, received phone call a week or so later, face to face interviews with various members of research team, including the doctors. More laid back than I imagined.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UTHealth in August 2014.

Interview

Easy, laid back, large interview panel (5+ employees). My skills did not entirely match the position (60%) but I was willing to learn - they wanted 99% to match. Although I did not get the job, I learnt a lot from the interview process.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UTHealth.

Interview

Applied online via the UT Health website. Had an in person interview and was offered position in a couple of days. Interview process was really easy, but I'm sure it depends on what department or group you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Based on resume and experience. I was told that HR sends them a range and they always pick the highest amount.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UTHealth in April 2014.

Interview

Applied via the website. Took 2 weeks to get confirmation that the team received my info. Then the next day I got an interview request via email. Went to my interview where the head researcher explained the focus of the study. Researcher asked me questions related to my experience. This interview felt more like a chance to explain my interests and experience. Very comfortable. Took about 30 minutes. Then the next 30 minutes I was interviewed by the research coordinator. This second interview was standard interview process as in coordinator asked the typical questions found in an interview. (what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, etc).