UTI

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Campus Admissions Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UTI.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR, initial interview by phone, then in person at campus with president, then tp corporate with VP Admissiona

Interview Question – How would you deal with two employees having a physical confrontation   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Bad vibes from corporate personnel

Employment Services Supervisor Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UTI.

Interview Details – I went through a total of 4 interviews; 1 over the phone and 3 in person. Each time I met with a different departments and their directors.

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to break protocol and what the consequences were?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at UTI.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 1 in person interview. Make sure you know someone there or went to college with someone who works at UTI and you wont' have a problem getting hired.

Interview Question – They will try and make it sound like they care about their employees and will ask if you you are committed and loyal. Don't be fooled, they will ask you for your commitment and loyalty, yet they will not give you theirs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Field Admissions Representative Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UTI in August 2009.

Interview Details – typical

Interview Question – My particular interview went very well. I had a reference going into it and it was very relaxed and informal. They will want to know about your personal life and how stable you are.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Education Manager Interview

Education Manager

I applied online - interviewed at UTI in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call for a phone interview. The phone interview was a basic brief interview conducted by the HR recruiter. The recruiter was very pleasant and she asked basic questions to identify the type of personality that I possess. All questions were personality based questions. Received an email that I wasn't selected.

Interview Question – Do you like to have fun   Answer Question

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Financial Aid Advisor

Interviewed at UTI

Interview Details – Phone interview first from the home office, they vet you and make sure that you are what they want. Then you have an interview with the location. This entails interviewing with the department lead, as well as a few other department leads. In my case, Financial Aid, there was student services department lead, her supervisor, and then the Financial Aid lead, with her TWO supervisors as well as HR there as well. The questions were very basic questions, the good old "tell us about a time..." and so on. They ask A LOT of the same questions over again, but I think thats the whole lots of people in the room asking questions.
In my interview, immediately following the interview, I met with the Campus President for a quick, not real interview. Just a "Hey, do tell me about yourself." Didn't want to know about my work, just who I was. Which was interesting. I got a call a few days later that I was hired and to come in for paperwork (drug testing and so on followed)

Interview Question – The man who would become my supervisor asked "Tell me about your favorite shoes and why those shoes represent who you are." I've never been asked something like that. But I still smile when I think about it. My answer could have been what got me the job. "My hiking boots. They have some major scuffs, might be a little rough around the edges, and a little worn down. But in the end, they, like me, keep going. They don't break. They keep working. My boots are a survivor, so am I."   Answer Question

Campus Admissions Director Interview

Interviewed at UTI

Interview Details – I went through roughly 6-8 phone and in person interviews. The process was very long and drawn out. Obviously a company doesn't want to rush into a poor decision. Be prepared for a wait. Once a decision had been made, the offer came and I needed to get out to the position within 3 weeks.

Interview Question – How will you motivate a team knowing you cannot with compensation?   Answer Question

Active Employment Specialist Interview

Exton, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UTI in February 2013.

Interview Details – Received call from Recruiter asking if still interested in position I applied for online. Then had phone interview, can only assume that went well because directed to take online "personality" assessment. Received call asking for interview. Met with 2 Managers, the next day invited to come back in for second interview to meet with Campus Director and Manager and team. Interview felt well, asked a lot of "personality" questions, not many focused on skills, overall felt positive. Informed I would hear something in a week. Sent thank you and followed up Manager a week after being told decision would be made, never replied to phone call or email. Can only assume I didn't get job.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions. A great deal of the questions focused on personality. How did I learn of the opening?   View Answer

Advanced Training Representative - Employment Specialist Interview

Exton, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UTI.

Interview Details – On line application - phone interview - 1 on 1 interview with department director and then a group interview with the whole department (I believe this was specific to this 1 director & not necessarily corporate policy).

Interview Question – How can you help our students to better understand employment opportunities they have, once they graduate.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not much in the way of negotiating. They have formulas for pay, depending on job title and geographic location and everyone gets the same benefits - until you reach upper management

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at UTI in October 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was a phone interview with the recruiter.
Second interview was a technical phone interview with the hiring manager and a team member from the QA department.

Never received follow up feedback indicating I'm declined or not. Would have been nice to receive feedback one way or the other. By now safe to assume rejected for position.

Interview Question – Where are you at in the SDLC?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at UTI

Worked for UTI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UTI interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by UTI employees and interview candidates.