UTI Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2015
Updated Jan 9, 2015

Facilities Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UTI.

Pleasant process so far. I initially talked to someone in HR who was very pleasant to talk with. We had a couple conversations before being presented with a online personality test. two more conversations then a conference call with other Facility Directors for a more detailed interview. Still in the process but expect to go to the next level.

Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UTI.

There are many, many interviews to get this one position. Most of the questions are the.. "what did you do in this situation" questions and have nothing to do with your personal experience. The only thing that related to your experience was a quick 5 minute demonstration that you are suppose to give on any subject that you like.

Interview Questions
    • Out of all the candidates what makes you stand out from the others.   View Answer
    Take it or leave it. There was no negotiation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UTI.

if your resume gets past the initial screening there is a phone interview first. if you can get past that you are invited in for a personal interview. this interview is typical for a large company - interviews are designed to find some reason to NOT hire someone. they are looking for the 'get along with everyone' attitude - the kind of person everyone wants everyone else to be. no rocking of boats or coloring outside the lines will be tolerated or accepted.

Interview Questions
    • there are no real 'trick' questions like 'how would you move Mt. Rushmore' - the only 'trick' is that they have you under a microscope trying to find some reason why you should not be hired. when you leave the interview you will have no idea how you did.   Answer Question
    they tell you what they will pay, what the benefits are and if you don't accept their package as a whole they will happily go back to the drawing board and start the interviewing process all over again.

Campus Admissions Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UTI.

Contacted by HR, initial interview by phone, then in person at campus with president, then tp corporate with VP Admissiona

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with two employees having a physical confrontation   Answer Question

Bad vibes from corporate personnel

Employment Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UTI.

I went through a total of 4 interviews; 1 over the phone and 3 in person. Each time I met with a different departments and their directors.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to break protocol and what the consequences were?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UTI.

1 phone interview, 1 in person interview. Make sure you know someone there or went to college with someone who works at UTI and you wont' have a problem getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • They will try and make it sound like they care about their employees and will ask if you you are committed and loyal. Don't be fooled, they will ask you for your commitment and loyalty, yet they will not give you theirs.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation phase.

Education Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UTI in July 2013.

Applied online and received a call for a phone interview. The phone interview was a basic brief interview conducted by the HR recruiter. The recruiter was very pleasant and she asked basic questions to identify the type of personality that I possess. All questions were personality based questions. Received an email that I wasn't selected.

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Phone interview first from the home office, they vet you and make sure that you are what they want. Then you have an interview with the location. This entails interviewing with the department lead, as well as a few other department leads. In my case, Financial Aid, there was student services department lead, her supervisor, and then the Financial Aid lead, with her TWO supervisors as well as HR there as well. The questions were very basic questions, the good old "tell us about a time..." and so on. They ask A LOT of the same questions over again, but I think thats the whole lots of people in the room asking questions.
    In my interview, immediately following the interview, I met with the Campus President for a quick, not real interview. Just a "Hey, do tell me about yourself." Didn't want to know about my work, just who I was. Which was interesting. I got a call a few days later that I was hired and to come in for paperwork (drug testing and so on followed)

Interview Questions
    • The man who would become my supervisor asked "Tell me about your favorite shoes and why those shoes represent who you are." I've never been asked something like that. But I still smile when I think about it. My answer could have been what got me the job. "My hiking boots. They have some major scuffs, might be a little rough around the edges, and a little worn down. But in the end, they, like me, keep going. They don't break. They keep working. My boots are a survivor, so am I."   Answer Question

Campus Admissions Director Interview

I went through roughly 6-8 phone and in person interviews. The process was very long and drawn out. Obviously a company doesn't want to rush into a poor decision. Be prepared for a wait. Once a decision had been made, the offer came and I needed to get out to the position within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How will you motivate a team knowing you cannot with compensation?   Answer Question

Advanced Training Representative - Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UTI.

On line application - phone interview - 1 on 1 interview with department director and then a group interview with the whole department (I believe this was specific to this 1 director & not necessarily corporate policy).

Interview Questions
    • How can you help our students to better understand employment opportunities they have, once they graduate.   View Answer
    not much in the way of negotiating. They have formulas for pay, depending on job title and geographic location and everyone gets the same benefits - until you reach upper management