UTI Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UTI (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview process is lengthy and overly complicated. There are usually 3 separate interviews done and during all 3 they try to throw curve balls to see how well you think on your feet. The final interview is done with a panel of managers and is very stressful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a disagreement with someone and the steps you took to overcome the situation.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UTI (Rancho Cucamonga, CA).

Interview

Met with Director of Admissions it took a week for them to get back to me and then proceeded with second phone interview with Regional Director of Admissions. Once they do the extensive background check and drug test your pretty much hired at that point.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can make a difference at UTI?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very direct and to the point as to what they had to offer.

Facilities Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UTI.

Interview

Pleasant process so far. I initially talked to someone in HR who was very pleasant to talk with. We had a couple conversations before being presented with a online personality test. two more conversations then a conference call with other Facility Directors for a more detailed interview. Still in the process but expect to go to the next level.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us.   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UTI.

Interview

There are many, many interviews to get this one position. Most of the questions are the.. "what did you do in this situation" questions and have nothing to do with your personal experience. The only thing that related to your experience was a quick 5 minute demonstration that you are suppose to give on any subject that you like.

Interview Questions

• Out of all the candidates what makes you stand out from the others.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. There was no negotiation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UTI (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

if your resume gets past the initial screening there is a phone interview first. if you can get past that you are invited in for a personal interview. this interview is typical for a large company - interviews are designed to find some reason to NOT hire someone. they are looking for the 'get along with everyone' attitude - the kind of person everyone wants everyone else to be. no rocking of boats or coloring outside the lines will be tolerated or accepted.

Interview Questions

• there are no real 'trick' questions like 'how would you move Mt. Rushmore' - the only 'trick' is that they have you under a microscope trying to find some reason why you should not be hired. when you leave the interview you will have no idea how you did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they tell you what they will pay, what the benefits are and if you don't accept their package as a whole they will happily go back to the drawing board and start the interviewing process all over again.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UTI.

Interview

Contacted by HR, initial interview by phone, then in person at campus with president, then tp corporate with VP Admissiona

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with two employees having a physical confrontation   Answer Question

Bad vibes from corporate personnel

Employment Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UTI (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I went through a total of 4 interviews; 1 over the phone and 3 in person. Each time I met with a different departments and their directors.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to break protocol and what the consequences were?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at UTI.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in person interview. Make sure you know someone there or went to college with someone who works at UTI and you wont' have a problem getting hired.

Interview Questions

• They will try and make it sound like they care about their employees and will ask if you you are committed and loyal. Don't be fooled, they will ask you for your commitment and loyalty, yet they will not give you theirs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Education Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UTI (Lisle, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a long and drawn out process that took over a month to complete. Interviews were conducted by different groups of personnel (HR, peers, director, & campus president) over a period of weeks. An online PI test was required before participating in any formal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide an example in which you had to do deal with a difficult personality.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a <insert position> with UTI?   Answer Question

Education Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UTI in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a call for a phone interview. The phone interview was a basic brief interview conducted by the HR recruiter. The recruiter was very pleasant and she asked basic questions to identify the type of personality that I possess. All questions were personality based questions. Received an email that I wasn't selected.