UTi Worldwide

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

2.7

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at UTi Worldwide.

Three interviews. First was a primary screen with the manager on the phone, and then this was followed up by 2 in-person interviews with the team and manager at a later time. The team was very positive and I fit in with them very well. They helped create a relaxing environment, told jokes, etc. This was one of the more positive interviewing experiences I had.

Interview Questions
    • Predominantly general troubleshooting questions, as well as questions about difficult situations I've run into with customers or various technologies such as apache or tomcat, servers, etc.   Answer Question

The salary was much lower than market value for the area and was completely non-negotiable, take-it or leave-it.

Cash Management Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at UTi Worldwide.

Mine was very disorganized. I talked to my soon to be supervisor for about 15 minutes. Then he abruptly excused himself and left the room to get some other guy. I talked to them for a bit longer. Then interviewer ended it with, "Well, we contact you in a few days. Let me walk you out."

Interview Questions
    Nothing was negotiable. It was take it or leave it. The manager would of had to get approval to make any changes and he was not willing to do that.

Java Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UTi Worldwide.

Hiring process was OK, they wanted me to do alot that was not in the published job description which kind of took me by surprise. The hiring manager was focused on my knowledge of tools not specified in the published job description. I submitted my resume on line, heard nothing, when I gave a copy of my resume to a friend and he gave it to the hiring manager, I did get an interview and an offer but my friend did not get a referral bonus which is not fair.

Interview Questions
    • About specific tools knowledge, this was not in the job description but seemes really important to the hiring manager   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Software Developer Interview

First round Basic Java questions and OOPs concepts 45 minute skype interview
    Second round: Word count frequency program -given 45 mins to complete
    I would say its easy provided youve prepared for 2 weeks properly inclusive of basics
    I also think they require you to know JUnit Testing

ETL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UTi Worldwide in March 2014.

Contract to hire opportunity. interview scheduled after 2weeks of short listing the profile.

Interview Questions
    • 1 hr technical round interview - asked lot of questions most of them are like scenario based.   Answer Question
    one more round i need to clear before accepting it..

Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at UTi Worldwide.

I responded to a newspaper advertisment and received a phone call within 2 weeks and was scheduled for an in-person interview. The interview was scheduled for the following week. I met in person with the facility GM. The interview was pleasant and informative. Sounded like a great company to work for.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UTi Worldwide.

The interview is long and methodical: An over-the-phone interview, 2 face-to-face, a DMV record, online assessment, and criminal history check before a formal written offer.

Interview Questions
    • Expect questions relating to taking inanimate objects and selling them to those in the room and also, describe your hardest professional (sales) challenges and how you overcame them.   View Answer
    They explained what the benefits package included and the salary. The salary tiers from a low hourly rate during 6-weeks of training to a mid-size income that advances to a balanced income. Commission is in addition to base salary and is very lucrative for a results-driven individual.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UTi Worldwide in September 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter that places quite a few individuals at this conpany for IT and Finance. The usual quick phone interview with the recruiter about skills and what I'm looking for in a career.
    My first interview with UTI was in person with the manger of the department. The usual behavior type questions and was asked to "run me through your resume." he asked followup questions to some of the things I said. It felt to me like an unrehearsed interview, no particular questions lined up. He was super-honest about the reality of the position and that it may not be ideal for all people. At the end of the Interview he let me know right away that he liked what he heard and wanted me to come in for a 2nd interview to meet his team.
    The recruiter setup the 2nd interview- about a week later due to my schedule, I think they would have done it sooner in most circumstances. I met with a few people from the team who outlined more of what the job entails. They asked basic questions about how my background is relevant. They expressed some concerns about what the right candidate would need and then left the question fairly open to "tell us about your experience in this area." THey opened up for questions for me to ask them.
    I was quite honest with them as well regarding some of the feedback I had read online about working there and let them know my concerns. They didnt' sugar coat anything and answered me directly and what I feel is honestly.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing seemed too difficult. They did ask what my hobbies are, which is not all that common in the recent interviews I've been on. They asked me to speak about my communication skills, how I'd troubleshoot something, and my experience with specific technologies.   Answer Question
    My negotiations were through a recruiter so it's likely different for everyone. They asked what I wanted to make. I told them and it was inline with the expectations, so no negotiations. I inquired about PTO, Tri-met passes and health benefits. They all lined up with my expectations.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at UTi Worldwide in July 2013.

Standard. Phone interview and then in-person interview

Interview Questions
    • How do I work in a loud work environment?
      Can I work in a group or individually?
      What happens when someone doesn't meet a deadline you are relying on.

All Standard Questions, nothing extraordinary

Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Interview process was relatively basic, I applied online and someone called from HR with a phone interview. Next was a 1 on 1 interview then a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Normal basic interview questions, walk me through your resume, what are your strengths, ect.   Answer Question