UW Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2014

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at UW Credit Union

Financial Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UW Credit Union.

Submit resume and cover letter online, phone interview, in-person interview. The phone interviewer will ask why you are interested in UW Credit Union. In addition they will ask what your personal core values are. They are looking for employees that have similar personal values as their own. Study up on the UW Credit Union core value.
    The in person interview is fairly laid back and conversational. The questions are geared to see if you have a helpful nature and have a 'team player' mentality. They will have you do role plays on selling a company or product you are passionate about. This is a measurement of your ability to explain and consult.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell someone a credit card?   View Answer
    No negotiation, but higher than the min starting wage

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UW Credit Union in October 2013.

I spoke with UWCU at a UW Madison Career Fair and I was excited that they do a lot of promotion from within and work with you to build your skills as you go. I applied for the position online and referenced the manager I spoke to at the Career Fair. A week or two later I got an email saying they wanted to set up a phone interview with someone in HR. At the beginning of the call he said he was interviewing a lot of people and would let me know within 10 days. He read off a list of questions and after each response it would be silent minus him typing. i asked about their preformance review process and he got really excited to tell me all about that because it is a big part of the UWCU culture. At the end of the phone call he did not want to wait to set up something with the managers and we scheduled it right away. I went into the branch and had an interview with two branch managers, they talked about which football teams they liked and asked what my hobbies were. I thought the interview went well and a week later i got an email saying they went in another direction.

Interview Questions
    • What is a company you respect and why? Sell me a membership to or product of that company.   Answer Question

TELLER - FULL TIME Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UW Credit Union in January 2011.

Very laid back and basic interview: Questions were typical "Why UWCU" "What would your peers say about you" "What type of manager do you work best with", etc Told the decision would take 1-2 weeks and then I was given information on company benefits and dress code. Disappointed that I wasn't offered a job on the spot. The interview went great and the Manager is very nice.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at UW Credit Union in April 2010.

SLOW!!! They are in no hurry. Yet, once your on board, they preach urgency in hiring. They do local background checks (where you have worked in the past). I know some people are concerned about it. Be honest with them though!

Interview Questions
    I told them that based on my experience (after asking for the salary range) that I should be in the upper tier. They agreed!

Worked for UW Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!