UW Medical Foundation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Applications Specialist Interview

Clinical Applications Specialist
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at UW Medical Foundation.

Interview Details – Met with the manager and supervisor of the department. Was asked about my qualifications for this position, why I felt I was a good candidate for this job. Then met with several members of the staff that made up the team. They each read from a script of questions on my qualities, what did I like about Epic, what project did I implement at my current job, whether I had any questions for them regarding the job.

Interview Question – What policy or project did I implement at my current position   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UW Medical Foundation.

Interview Details – First received phone interview that lasted over 45 minutes. Was told of multiple openings and asked where I could see myself fitting best. Next day received call for interview at current clinic, interviewed with clinic manager and returned for two additional times to meet with various staff and the Dr. whom I would be primarily working with. Within one week of my first interview, was told that I was being offered the position, played some phone tag and eventually received the paperwork with the formal offer.

Interview Question – Standard interview fare, no unexpected questions - a lot of asking for examples of work experience which was difficult because this was my first job in this field of work. I was able to draw on life experience and prior work and volunteer examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation, i tried and was shot down every attempt. I attempted to negotiate salary, paid time off and they did not take into account any prior work experience.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UW Medical Foundation in May 2011.

Interview Details – Easy on line application process. HR does initial interview and then a manager calls to interview.

Interview Question – They do behavioral interviewing. Typical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Human Capital Development Consultant Interview

Human Capital Development Consultant
Middleton, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UW Medical Foundation in July 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Phone screening with hiring manager. About 20 minutes. Asked about how I would typically develop a training course.
2. Asked to develop a 25-minute training presentation and come in for interview.
3. Training presentation to about 15 people followed immediately by in-person interviews with hiring manager and 6 other people (mostly one-on-one, but some group as well).
4. Phone message about 2 weeks after interview -- not selected for position.

Friendly and relaxed approach by all interviewers. No behavioral interview questions.

Interview Question – What is your philosophy on Organizational Development?   Answer Question

Telehealth Program Special Interview

Telehealth Program Special
Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UW Medical Foundation in May 2012.

Interview Details – I faced 2 rounds of interviews for 2 positions I had applied to. First was Human resource recruiter and second one with hiring manager. They asked me about my background, why i wanted to work there, how was I a good fit for their company, what would your previous supervisors tell us about you if I called them, What do you consider positive work environment behavioural questions like tell me one challenging situation you faced and how you handled it, tell us about characteristics of good and bad teams that you have worked on and how have you handled the bad team performance based questions, tell us about an idea that was implemented etc.
they were friendly to talk to, giving positive reinforcements.

Interview Questions

• tell us about an analysis that you did and the end result of that analysis   Answer Question
  • tell us about a time you convinced executive management about a project.   Answer Question

Workstation Analyst Interview

Workstation Analyst
Madison, WI

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at UW Medical Foundation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Long process, phone interview was typical HR questions lasted 1 hour. Group interview with Manager and Lead 1 hour with minor tech questions. 1 group interview with team and managers. The HR process requires electronic reference verification with 5 references. I feel like there is too much red tape.

Diabetes Educator Interview

Diabetes Educator
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UW Medical Foundation in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview. The company also asked for email addresses of several references so that they could email on online reference tool to them. I was told by a few of my references that the form was not easy to complete. The phone interviewer seemed unfamiliar with my resume. She asked me questions that referred to degrees or jobs that I never claimed to have, so I had to correct her repeatedly (to avoid being in an unethical situation). It was uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• What attributes are you looking for in an organization or a job?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to leave your current position?   View Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UW Medical Foundation in July 2011.

Interview Details – I first had an hour phone interview with HR . Typical questions: strengths/weaknesses, what would your current manager describe you, tell me about a time you ...
Then hour team interview with directors/supervisors.
Finally hour interview with the team.

Interview Question – tell me how you solve problems   View Answer

Negotiation Details – UWMF is generous, but knows the market

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Senior Marketing Specialist
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UW Medical Foundation in June 2010.

Interview Details – Received call back two days after applying. Phone interview took place less than a week later. Typical HR interview with "tell me about a time you..." Rejection email sent less than one week later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked on a team with someone who was difficult to work with.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Secretary Senior Interview

Secretary Senior

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UW Medical Foundation.

Interview Details – 1 interview with 2 assistant managers and 1 assistant director. Very straightforward.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult coworkers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little negoiation room as it is a union job with certain 'steps' of salary.

Worked for UW Medical Foundation? Contribute to the Community!