UW Medicine

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Public Information Specialist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at UW Medicine.

Interview Details – I had a group interview and met with eight or ten people at once. after having an initial phone interview The group interview felt intimidating, but everyone was friendly. Most or all of the staff and leaders asked questions, and the questions were fairly standard.

Interview Question – Someone asked a question about a volunteer position, and that was unexpected but in a good way. It showed that they really looked at my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be aware that in time of tight budgets at the state level, you may not get a raise, and you may want to factor that into salary negotiations. This can last for years. Luckily I did get a few raises before this happened.

Contact Center Representative Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UW Medicine.

Interview Details – The hiring process began with filling out an application on the UW Medicine website. A couple weeks later I received a call from one of the hiring managers who set up a phone interview with me. On the phone interview we discussed my credentials, why I wanted the position, and why it would be a mutually beneficial fit. After passing the phone interview I was scheduled for an in person interview which included a typing and computer literacy test. The interview process included various questions about how I would handle different situations while interacting with patients.

Interview Question – The most thought-provoking question asked how I would handle a situation where a very difficult, possibly mentally-ill patient called in.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UW Medicine in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was recommended by a former director of mine. I had three phone interviews and two panel interviews.

Interview Question – I was extremely prepared for the interviews, so none of the questions were a surprise to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for salary with the person for whom I would be working, and she was pleasant and accomodating.

Research Scientist II Interview

Research Scientist II

Interview Details – Had to apply through UW hires

Interview Question – Nothing technical or regarding my lab skills more about my personality and goals. They were really assessing "fit" for the lab.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

Interviewed at UW Medicine

Interview Details – Why do you want to participate in our company instead of the other company?
The personal question
Can you explain what is your future plan in this work?
What do you expect in our company?
How do you collaborate with other colleagues?
How do you combine your research study with the future work?
Do you have funding raising experience?
How do you think the work circumstances that you will work in?

Interview Question – Why do you want to participate in our company instead of the other company?
The personal question
Can you explain what is your future plan in this work?
What do you expect in our company?
How do you collaborate with other colleagues?
How do you combine your research study with the future work?
Do you have funding raising experience?
How do you think the work circumstances that you will work in?
  Answer Question

Research Scientist I Interview

Research Scientist I

Interviewed at UW Medicine

Interview Details – Got the job through connection. Worked as a student in a research lab that worked closely with the one that hired me. I had the skills they needed so they gave me the job. Met up and chatted with the PI about the job and that was the interview. Didn't need to go through a rigorous process since I had connections.

Interview Question – I didn't have a formal interview, so wasn't really asked anything hard.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UW Medicine in January 2011.

Interview Details – Usually 1 interview for any entry level & supervisors. Some position have typing test, excel test, letter writing,

Interview Question – Really varies by position applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary & HR usually allows for wiggle room.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at UW Medicine.

Interview Details – several interviews with many levels of staff, physicians, administrators.

Interview Question – what can you do t help us succeed?   Answer Question

RS1 Interview

I interviewed at UW Medicine in September 2009.

Interview Details – There was one phone and one in person interview

Interview Question – no difficult questions were asked   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UW Medicine.

Interview Details – The supervisor contacted me for a phone interview first. I received a follow up call the next day for an in-person interview. In total, there were three people who interviewed me (two employees, one supervisor) and they took turns asking me questions. They asked me a series of questions, including problem-solving questions as well as behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you handled a time where a customer was very angry. How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for UW Medicine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UW Medicine interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by UW Medicine employees and interview candidates.