Uamc Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Uamc

Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Uamc in June 2014.

Contacted them directly in December 2013 since I did not see job postings but I knew a loan officer who worked there and made impressive money (north of $120k). They set me up with an interview with one of their managers, Julie Ruona (not the sales manager/VP). The interview went quite well and it became apparent that my skillset and lifestyle would fit perfectly. Julie seemed to be very interested in hiring me, but she did not ever send me an offer letter or request anything from me. I was working at the time and making good money so I was not terribly concerned. I followed up about two weeks later with both Julie Ruona and their office admin. I left voicemails for both and sent emails to both with no response ever received. In hindsight I discovered that the branch had slowed a bit and they were not considering hiring, but I still (then and now) find it to be unprofessional to completely ignore followup inquiries from a well-qualified candidate. Julie seemed incredibly knowledgable and professional in my interview so I was surprised to not hear back from her. I am sure she was very busy though, as everyone at this company always seems to be very, very hard at work. About 6 months elapsed and I saw a job posting for a UAMC Loan Officer. I decided to re-apply. This time, I was contacted much faster (within 3 days) and they set up an interview for their sales manager/VP Shaun Owens. Shaun seems like an awesome guy, very friendly and outgoing, but knowledgeable and confident. I got along with him well and did not feel the need to "adapt" at all like I do in most job interviews. I followed up consistently and professionally and received a verbal offer nearly 3 weeks after my interview. They requested proof of my college degree and then verified employment dates and the circumstances under which I left for EVERY SINGLE one of my previous employers. They also asked probing questions about compensation and if the company would hire me back. I was required by HR to submit an explanation for a minor discrepancy in dates verified for a job I held 8 years ago. I also had to take a urinalysis (drug test). After jumping all the hurdles I receive a written offer with a nearly immediate start date. I accepted the offer, and I have not heard of ANY other companies where you can make a solid $120k+ as a loan officer without generating any of your own business. Although it may seem excessive, I was impressed by the thoroughness of UAMC/Lennar's hiring process. In my experience as a branch manager, MOST resumes are falsified, often with academic credentials that are not accurate, or made up titles and/or salaries or dates. This company is not interested in liars or druggies, they want honest, hardworking, educated people handling their business. I have never been through a more rigorous screening process except for perhaps joining the military. I hope this review helps candidates seeking employment with this awesome company, or deters those unfit for employment with them.

Interview Questions
    • They were not that interested in learning about my past training or job performance, and more about who I am as a person. They did not ask any cliche questions about my biggest success or biggest failures, the interview was very real and open. The VP interviewing me asked some general questions to get me talking about myself to learn who I am, then once he decided I was a good fit he opened himself up for questions, then discussed compensation, very point blank.   Answer Question
    This is a large homebuilder with a process set-up at a corporate level and hiring is handled by a dedicated HR department. There is no room for negotiation as their comp plan is universal for all loan officers, as well as their initial draw program and base salary+car allowance.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Uamc.

Interview with Assistant Underwriting Manager and Underwriting Manager in a combined interview. Problem was the Assistant Underwriting Manager and Underwriting Manager were across the room from each other instead of side by side. It made it hard to decide who to look at while responding to questions. That is the only real complaint I had about the interview.

Interview Questions
    • A test case was given and it would have been nice to find how well you did overall on the test case.   View Answer

Senior Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uamc.

Had initial interview, which included an extensive test to verify experience and knowledge in the field. Had 2nd interview to discuss job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • This company requires you to go thru weeks of training, prior to giving you a pipeline and letting you work on files.   Answer Question
    As a single mom, I did not negotiate for this job. I actepted their offer and did my best to prove myself as an asset to the company.