Ubifrance

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Trade Advisor Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ubifrance in January 2012.

Interview Details – Three rounds of interviews. You will be expected to do the interviews in both English and in French. The first two interviews count the most with the last interview as more an administrative interview with Paris.

Interview Question – Be prepared to quizzed on your industry expertise in addition to talking about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You will expected to say how much you want. But they already have a figure in mjnd.

Trade Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Ubifrance.

Interview Details – Pretty painless - I wrote essays and I think a SWOT analysis

Interview Question – I don't remember, they just were looking for a basic understanding of the industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was not negotiable

Trade Advisor
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ubifrance in April 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted by the company via email that my application had been reviewed and accepted and they wanted to conduct an initial interview...in French, totally in French. I confirmed with them and made plans for an interview a week from the notification.
Since my French was a little weak and my biggest weakness was listening and understanding the spoken word, I went to the library and checked out Cd's and books on basic and Advanced French. The advanced French selection had a job interview section which was dead on as to the questions and process of the interview. My interview went pretty much just like the cd/book said it would, with the same type of questions and subject matter.

I then listened to various subjects on french but focused on the job interview, economics and vineyard section as this is what the position entailed.

I then sat down and really thought about the subject matter that I wanted to talk about, which was: my resume and experience, my passion for wine, and my personal traits and skills; and looked up all French words and verbs that decribed all of the above and practiced, practiced, practiced.

I also did research on the UbiFrance website and google as well as my wine regions and some wine-drinking statistics.

Lastly, I prepared 4 copies of my resume, lost a couple of pounds (lol), and got my game face on!!....

The interview started completely in French, and an advanced French at that. The interviewer was very pleasant but totally assumed that I spoke Fluent french..so his conversation was fluid, non-stop french. The CD's really helped my listening skills in picking up words, verbs, and liasons that can be very difficult for a non-native speaker. He asked me, in order, the following questions:
- Why am I interested in this position?
- What experiences do I have?
- He went over my entire resume and previous jobs and asked me what I did in each one and why I left each one.
- He went over my schooling and training
- He saw that I was in the Army and asked about that as well.
My guess is that, although he could read very well in English, he had some trouble discerning what I actually did in each job and wanted me to explain them in French.
- He asked if I could also read and write in French and what other languages I spoke.
- One of the big follow on questions was how I could accomplish what I thought needed to be done for this position.
- He also asked me what type of wine knowledge I had in regard to regions, i.e, Napa, Sonoma, Bourdeaux, Burgundyt, Champagne, Cote Du Rhohe, etc.
- Lastly, he asked about my availability and the terms of salary for the job.

That's about it. Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• How would you execute what the job requires you to do?..I.e. coordinate with French exporters and partner them with American companies..   View Answer
  • Why did I Leave my past companies/empoloyers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In the negotiation process right now....trying for a higher salary. '
Advice I would give: Don't accept what is offered right off the bat, hold out for more or have them make concessions such as expenses, office hours, etc.

IT Regional Manager Interview

Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubifrance in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had 2 interview
1-Phone
2- Personal interview with Head IT,Senior IT and HR

The interview by phone:

1-Job offer explication
2-Question related to the goal of the company
3-IT skill question related to the post
4-Presentation of yourself in French and English (can have a third language to use depends of the candidate skill and post)

The interview in person is in 3 step:
1-Introduction of yourself
2-Your place in the IT department and working experience
3-Futur of yourself inside the company and after the contract.
4- IT skill question and issue

Interview Question – - IT issue   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary is not negociable in my case.

Trade Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ubifrance.

Interview Details – 3 interviews over 2 months (phone and in person)

Negotiation Details – Fixed salary - no negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ubifrance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ubifrance interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ubifrance employees and interview candidates.