Ubisoft

Updated Oct 26, 2014

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft in April 2014.

Fast response. Had applied in their portal. Qualified the written design test but messed up in the telephonic round. Time for the written test was 24 hrs. Telephonic round was tricky. Hard to concentrate on who was asking the questions. Was interviewed by a panel on 3. One was a foreigner. Within 7 days I got a mail which said my profile is on hold.

Interview Questions
  • how do you explain the developer the game mechanism of your game?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ubisoft

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ubisoft in December 2008.

It began over Linked In, where I got a mass e-mail about a game design position in China. I responded with interest and was asked for my resume which I sent. I received an e-mail that gave a time for a phone call and let me know they were interested. There were 4 phone calls in total.

1. The first call was to verify I exist and set up a time for the actual interview.
    2. The second call was an interview with the creative director, the head of staffing, the producer and another game designer. The questions were all related to design and how I would feel about moving to China. I gave positive answers across the board and tried to seem upbeat and make jokes which went over well. My game design principles generally aligned with their own and they approved of me, but there's another authority above them that then wanted to interview me which led to.
    3. The third call which was an interview with someone from "Editorial" and a human resources person. These were primarily philosophical game design questions and the same questions about how I would feel about moving to China. Again I kept it upbeat and straightforward which went over well.
    4. The final call was to give me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about moving to China.   View Answer
    There was some room for negotiation but only as pertained to relocation fees and a signing bonus. I was unable to get them to raise the salary. If you are considering an offer ask for a signing bonus of around 5000-10000 U.S.D. Sometimes they list the signing bonus on the website as high as 12,000, but I have yet to hear of anyone getting that. Mine was only 2000 but I'm a terrible negotiator.