Ubisoft Game Tester Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process lasts almost a day but that's okay as there are four rounds. Finding bugs, essay writing, technical interview and HR interview are the 4 rounds. People who are sincere about gaming and have a knack for it are surely selected. Interview process takes place in batches where each batch can have between 5-7 candidates. There are times when the whole batch is simply rejected as they haven't performed well in one or the other round.

Interview Questions

• What if you're not able to find issues/bugs in a project we have given to you? What should be done then?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ubisoft

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Bucharest (Romania)).

Interview

Only one interview was needed for the position. It consisted of multiple questions. First ones were rather general like saying a few things about me, how I would fit in the team, etc. I was then asked if I had any experience for the position I was applying for, what I thought an average day would be like and what tasks I would have to accomplish. Nothing hard. The key is to have confidence in what you say and back up your arguments with examples. Working as a team is key for this position, so please do NOT say you like working alone ! You probably won't be taken seriously from there on.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question for me was concerning the salary. Saying too much would be presumptuous and saying too few would make me lose an opportunity of getting as much of it possible. I said my performance would speak for itself and avoided the question. Turns out I got a bigger number than anticipated.   Answer Question

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Bucharest (Romania)) in July 2013.

Interview

Brief technical test, HR Q&A session and a metting with the manager. Came back a few days after I was accepted and started work ASAP. People are great and eager to further improve themselves.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Ubisoft? How do you see yourself?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)).

Interview

Apply for the post online on ubisoft pune official site. If they accept your resume the will reply for the interview.

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Bucharest (Romania)) in June 2012.

Interview

1st interview was on testing and noticing bugs on an old game, 2nd interview was telling about myself and how did i come across the job post and the 3rd interview was with the manager, asking about me and some technical questions

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

First of all a skill test of game testing was conducted after passing that an interview was taken by the company people like manager and two senior employees. After that i was informed that i was selected for the job and offer letter was emailed to me by the human resource officer on that very day. I was given a joining date three days after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

i was not able to negotiate because i told straight to me that salary was not a subject to negotiation in the case the job which i applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Right now the interview process has completely changed, previously they use to have skill test then 1 to 1 interview, but now they have canned the skill test & only take 1 to 1 interview, which i feel is incorrect. QC manager doesnt know how to take interviews, during interview he will keep his both legs on the table and ask you all the questions....imagine that :(

Interview Questions

• Difference between first person shooter & third person shooter ?   1 Answer
    • Give reasons....why did a particular bug made it to a shipped title.   Answer Question

Negotiation

fake negotiation, if you are experienced they say your experience will be consider after 6months, but actually they dont...they cheat on you.

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2008.

Interview

i applied online.There was a preliminary screening process

dont know why..