Ubisoft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in January 2014.

Interview Details – phone with HR and HM, then onsite

Interview Question – just general questions   View Answer

Campus Brand Ambassador Interview

Campus Brand Ambassador
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in January 2012.

Interview Details – Series of phone calls

Interview Question – Greatest weakness turned strength   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted contract offer

Manager Interview

Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details – There were about 3 to 4 rounds of interviews meeting with several people above and at the same level to your applied position.

Initially you communicate with a recruiter through email to coordinate a telephone interview. The phone interview starts with an extensive overview on how Ubisoft is structured then proceeds to your typical Q&A. Please make note the overview is a long-winded speech.

If invited back you meet with HR and everyone else . It's mostly conversational mixed with Q&A as opposed to situational or behavorial. The people seemed nice, easy to speak with, and has worked there for a very long time. Average 5+ years.

The crowd isn't diverse at all and it's a tight knitted group. You guys can do the math on this as some might approve but others might not.

It'll be interesting to see the stats on diversity: gender, ethnicity, openly LGBT, and also income disparity at this company. From my memory, there was only one person of color in the office.

Interview Question – There wasn't any.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in July 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring takes place after numerous phone calls with HR. Once interview is established, no one is prepared, many of the same questions and salary negotiations were long and drawn out.

Interview Question – Please tell me what your worst experience is when dealing with an ad agency   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long and tedious

PR Coordinator Interview

PR Coordinator
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was initially impressed with how quickly I was contacted after applying. I applied online and received an email from a recruiter less than two weeks later, scheduling a phone interview on the next business day. The interview was a pretty standard first round interview - Why are you interested in this company and this position, tell me about your experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc. I was told there were four other candidates being interviewed, and that I would know if I moved forward by the end of the week. I did (what I perceived to be) very well and was confident that I would advance. I followed up with the recruiter four times over the next three weeks, hearing little other than that the decision was still with the hiring manager. After three weeks, I followed up again and was told there were other candidates with interests that better matched the position. After keeping me on the hook that long, I would have appreciated some more specific feedback.

Interview Question – What do you love most about your current job?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very rare that this level position is looked for outside the company since it would likely be a VP position in other companies. At this level expect the entire senior management team to interview you. Expect multiple rounds and expect to go up against national candidates from outside the industry.

Interview Question – Honestly it is a very straight forward interview process, in fact one might argue they need to be more diligent in their interviews. Do not worry too much about 'zinger' questions. There are no Google like questions or cases to solve. Expect "are you a gamer" but know that the answer does not need to be yes if you are functionally solid.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Responsible negotiation for senior positions though there are policies in place that will preclude wholesale "open checkbook" discussions.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews. First in person interview was with Director and VP of sales which ran about 2 hours and included me doing a sales pitch/presentation on 3 new product launches. Second in person interview at corporate involved 8 interviews over 7 hours with a fly in and fly out day of. Was certain I wouldn't get an offer because several of the interviewers were brutal.

Interview Question – There were many and it was a long time ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was pretty firm and no opportunity to negotiate

Production Assistant Interview

Production Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ubisoft in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email around three months later that they wanted to set up a phone interview. This was on a Friday morning. The interaction was fast and an interview was scheduled for the following Monday afternoon. I received another email about fifteen minutes before the scheduled interview time telling me that another member of the hiring team had put out an offer to someone else without consulting the rest of the team and it was accepted over the weekend, so my interview was cancelled. Incredibly unprofessional.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Associate Gameplay Programmer Interview

Associate Gameplay Programmer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in September 2010.

Interview Details – After a couple of phone interviews with the recruiter and the team's Lead Software Engineer they flew me to San Francisco for a final interview. They gave me 1 hour to complete a programming test, and I went through a series of 1:1 interviews with a few team members of all specialities.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ubisoft in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. Contacted by email from internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with VP.

Interview Questions

• How do you compile and make a P&L?   View Answer
  • Regarding a development contract, what are the issues that take the longest to negotiate?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ubisoft

Worked for Ubisoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ubisoft interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ubisoft employees and interview candidates.