Ubisoft

Very Difficult Interview

Game Tester Interview

Game Tester
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ubisoft in February 2008.

Interview Details – i applied online.There was a preliminary screening process

Interview Question – most interesting game?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – dont know why..

Very Difficult Interview

No Job Title Interview

No Job Title
Quebec, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details – I was informed via e-mail that I would be getting a review by Ubisoft by their Graphics Technical Director, with out any knowledge of which position (I applied to a few to better my chances, but also have 4 different degrees). As soon as the review started I was told I was a number, while being internally referred by an Associate Technical Director and Motion Capture Director. I went through an incredibly strenuous five review process going through a battery of tests, while being informed that someone was going to help pull for me to reviewer. During this time my website was hacked into, and confronted the reviewer after looking at my website and half of my stuff wasn't working properly. I was pretty upset, the person reviewing my work never got back with me about it, and at the end didn't get this position that I don't even know to this day that I did not get, but also I find out months down the road from Human Resources that based on "Operations of Studios" that my referrals didn't go through while the Assistant Technical Director was pulling for me at a different studio location, same with the Motion Capture Director. I was talking with Coaches, Animators, Directors at the time to get to know the culture, understand what type of environment I would be in if I was given the opportunity, but based on the fact that I knew others in a different studio location, while being told I'm being internally referred and being pulled for, based on operations of studios and studio to studio operations it does not do anything. I still to this day, after a 5 week review, which I even followed up with the reviewer, never got back to me, but told me to keep applying. Outside of that fact, but issues with my website once it was over. I talked with an Animator of the company after I was done, also with the Motion Capture Director, also an Assistant Technical Director about it, and they told me to let it go, also to move on completely. Also to not worry about it. Even still to this day, like I said, I don't even know what position it was for.

Generalist Programmer Interview

Generalist Programmer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview of about 20 minutes with recruiter to know the reason why I applied, my expected salary range and when I would be available. I answered I'd give three weeks notice to my current employer.

Interview on site with recruiter, team lead and director. Technical and non-technical questions. Their intention was to know my personnality, my strengths and weaknesses, how I would fit in the team. They kindly answered my questions, really honest answers. Interview lasted about one hour. They said I'd get an technical interview online that I'd be able to answer from home, needed to plan for 100 minutes.

Got the technical questions, took about 120 minutes to complete at my own pace. Very broad range of subjects as it was intended for a generalist programmer.

A phone about one week after the technical questions to plan for a small phone interview. This interview was with recruiter, two team leads and the director and they wanted to know more about my long term goals, had questions about my personal career path up to that point.

Got a phone call 3-4 days after the last phone interview, saying they wanted to give me an offer but needed to verify some professional references before, which I gave them the next day.

The verification of references took about one week and I got an offer.

Interview Question – Questions about MMX specific Assembly code. I don't know much about Assembly other than my general course on computer architecture in University.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the offer was fine for me.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews. First in person interview was with Director and VP of sales which ran about 2 hours and included me doing a sales pitch/presentation on 3 new product launches. Second in person interview at corporate involved 8 interviews over 7 hours with a fly in and fly out day of. Was certain I wouldn't get an offer because several of the interviewers were brutal.

Interview Question – There were many and it was a long time ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was pretty firm and no opportunity to negotiate

3D Gameplay Programmer Interview

3D Gameplay Programmer
Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details – 3-4 rounds of interview which includes various technical and aptitude tests.

Interview Question – What brings you to ubisoft ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 1-2 weeks

International Product Manager Interview

International Product Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ubisoft in April 2011.

Interview Details – They asked a number of questions not directly related to my position, it showed they were not aware of what a product manager's role was:

Why did the last product you work on not sell 20 million copies?
How can we get our next product to sell 20 million copies?

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – they were behind in their hiring process and I didn't want to wait around unemployed for 6 months.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ubisoft in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. Contacted by email from internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with VP.

Interview Questions

• How do you compile and make a P&L?   View Answer
  • Regarding a development contract, what are the issues that take the longest to negotiate?   Answer Question

Artist Interview

Artist
Barcelona (Spain)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ubisoft in May 2009.

Interview Details – Sent my Cv through website and was contacted a few weeks later. After a phone interview, I went to the office for a 1:1 interview. A few days later I received the offer.

Interview Question – What is the thing you would change/improve about yourself?   Answer Question

Associate Gameplay Programmer Interview

Associate Gameplay Programmer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in September 2010.

Interview Details – After a couple of phone interviews with the recruiter and the team's Lead Software Engineer they flew me to San Francisco for a final interview. They gave me 1 hour to complete a programming test, and I went through a series of 1:1 interviews with a few team members of all specialities.

Level Designer Interview

Level Designer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details – Sent my resume and got a interview, followed by a test. After being shortlisted, went down for another interview.

Interview Question – What game have you played recently, which mechanic do you like and how would you change it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ubisoft

Worked for Ubisoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ubisoft interview questions and advice. All 48 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ubisoft employees and interview candidates.