Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

International Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)) in March 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the campus manager. The interview lasted 1 hour and I was very much challenged on why I wanted the job, why I wanted to work in the industry and in Human Resources. He also tested my level of English (he began to speak English to me). After the phone interview we scheduled a physical interview with both the campus manager and my future manager. The interview lasted 2 hours, during the interview I was tested on my English written skills and on my ability to cope with HR matters (it was a case study).
    I got contacted on the phone the day after by the campus manager to tell me that I got the position.

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2015.

Interview

I contacted on LinkedIn the manager of Ubisoft Osaka after he announced the studio was looking for Game Designers. After sending him my resume on his request, I got a Skype interview the same week with a Game Designer, a Programmer and a Producer. We spoke, in English and Japanese, about my past experiences and aspirations.

One week later, I got a second interview, with the manager himself. The interview went smoothly, and we talked about the studio and its projects. However, I was not offered a position at this time because of my lack of ability in Japanese (JLPT 3 minimum), without excluding any future opportunity if I improve this weakness.

Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ubisoft (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2011.

Interview

They are not good at keeping you informed, worst recruitment experience I've ever had. The process took so long and I never had any idea what was going on. If they had just kept me informed I wouldn't have minded that the process took so long.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ubisoft (Paris (France)) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview with RH and technical lead. The RH ask my professional experiences. There is no technical test or mission to do at home, i mainly show my work according to the job , the technical lead asks some questions about engine architecture but nothing very deep. I got just one interview and integrate Ubisoft

Marketing Studies Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)) in May 2015.

Interview

Premier appel RH puis entretien en face à face avec le futur tuteur de stage. Enfin appel avec la manager du service.
    Le premier entretien téléphonique se contente de revenir brièvement sur le profil, tandis que le deuxième est très pragmatique avec une étude de cas très concrète. Le dernier se concentre plus sur les apports personnels et sur le stage au quotidien.

Interview Questions

• Analyse d'une étude de cas.
      A quels jeux vidéos jouez vous ?
      Que changeriez vous (anciennes expériences) ?

1 Answer

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

I saw the posting for a QA Intern
    1) Applied via the Job Portal
    2) Received an email a week later scheduling an interview
    3) Interview was pretty long, consisted of two portions - A QA Test, where you had to review and report the bugs of a pretty old game, name the parts of hardware and spot the differences between two given images.
    4) A 2 on 1 interview was then carried out, the interviewees were very nice in understanding not everyone had similar experiences.
    5) Awaited a reply, did not receive an offer. Could have sent out a rejection email for closure.

Junior Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ubisoft (Bucharest (Romania)) in February 2015.

Interview

First I did a short HR phone interview, then a 2 hours written (technical) test (a really long test to do in 2 hours), a longer HR interview and two technical interviews also by phone (20 min each, with different Lead programmers).

I applied through the graduate program, on December of the previous year. I will say, based on my college classmates who also got answered and those who don't, that they do no consider candidates who haven't done an internship.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied on Ubisoft website. First had a phone interview with university relations manager. Three weeks later went into office for in person interview. Was interviewed by the entire public relations team in five groups of two for half an hour each so I was there for two and a half hours. All pretty much asked the same questions. Got back to me two weeks later.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)).

Interview

1 Telephonic Interview
    2 Called onsite - Written essay , mostly to see English Proficiency
    3 They make you play a very buggy version of a game for an hour and tell you to make notes of the bugs.
    4 Team manager will interview one on one . And ask you various gaming related questions
    5. Final HR round for final offer.

Interview Questions

• How in your opinion is a game tested ?
      Types of Games ?

1 Answer

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

After I contacted the recruiter from Linkedin, a phone interview was arrange the next day. And for a big company it was really fast that an interview had been arrange on the following week. The recruiter is cool and do reminds me on stuff that I should take note on the actual interview.

At this point I am still waiting for my last interview.