Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

Applied online got a response in minutes. Had a phone interview the next day and a person to person interview a few days after that. Said I would know within a week if I got the job or if I didn't. Took two and a half weeks and I didn't get the job.

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2015.

Interview

I contacted on LinkedIn the manager of Ubisoft Osaka after he announced the studio was looking for Game Designers. After sending him my resume on his request, I got a Skype interview the same week with a Game Designer, a Programmer and a Producer. We spoke, in English and Japanese, about my past experiences and aspirations. One week later, I got a second interview, with the manager himself. The interview went smoothly, and we talked about the studio and its projects. However, I was not offered a position at this time because of my lack of ability in Japanese (JLPT 3 minimum), without excluding any future opportunity if I improve this weakness.

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

I saw the posting for a QA Intern 1) Applied via the Job Portal 2) Received an email a week later scheduling an interview 3) Interview was pretty long, consisted of two portions - A QA Test, where you had to review and report the bugs of a pretty old game, name the parts of hardware and spot the differences between two given images. 4) A 2 on 1 interview was then carried out, the interviewees were very nice in understanding not everyone had similar experiences. 5) Awaited a reply, did not receive an offer. Could have sent out a rejection email for closure.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied on Ubisoft website. First had a phone interview with university relations manager. Three weeks later went into office for in person interview. Was interviewed by the entire public relations team in five groups of two for half an hour each so I was there for two and a half hours. All pretty much asked the same questions. Got back to me two weeks later.

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

After I contacted the recruiter from Linkedin, a phone interview was arrange the next day. And for a big company it was really fast that an interview had been arrange on the following week. The recruiter is cool and do reminds me on stuff that I should take note on the actual interview. At this point I am still waiting for my last interview.

Budgeting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

One general over the phone interview and then another face to face interview. Wasn't called after. However they were very polite. Many places don't even call you if they don't want to meet you for a second interview, they called and said it was a pleasure to meet you, however we won't be moving forward with you (something in those lines)

Interview Questions

• How are your excel skills?   1 Answer

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

There is a 1 hour technical test and a face to face interview. The whole interview process took about 2 hours. The Interviewer is pretty friendly, but be prepared for some technical questions too. The technical questions are mostly to test your ability as a programmer as well as your experiences in game programming.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Applied through a recruitment company. Took two weeks to get an interview call from the recruitment company. Technical interview was scheduled with the lead developer in Abu Dhabi. But on the interview day, it was again with HR person in Abu Dhabi. Again technical interview was scheduled after two days. First time, I observed a 1 person interviewer in a big company. Usually it is a panel. And the interview lasted for 10 minutes, only 3 questions. Looks like the interviewer did not want to process the interview. And its been two weeks and no update yet.

Interview Questions

• Background, PHP design patterns (especially where to use singleton pattern), php profiling   Answer Question

Junior Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Hiring process is rather fast for a big company. A few hours after sending my cover letter and resume, I was invited to a phone interview. After that, I was scheduled for a 24-hour questionnaire, which involved critically assessing a game I have played before. Less than a week after that I was contacted for an interview with lead designers at the studio. At the point of writing this I am scheduled for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. After this question the interview kind of turned into an enjoyable conversation regarding game history, game components, life as a game designer and life at Ubisoft.   Answer Question

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Applied through their website. Contacted by their recruiter within 2 days. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and arranged for an interview and a technical test at their office with the Senior Gameplay Programmer. The test took an hour while the interview with the Senior Gameplay Programmer took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• the technical test was appropriate for the position applied   Answer Question