Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Campus Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Series of phone calls

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted contract offer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by email from internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with internal recruiter. 1 Hour phone call with VP.

Interview Questions

• How do you compile and make a P&L?   1 Answer
    • Regarding a development contract, what are the issues that take the longest to negotiate?   Answer Question

Associate Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

After a couple of phone interviews with the recruiter and the team's Lead Software Engineer they flew me to San Francisco for a final interview. They gave me 1 hour to complete a programming test, and I went through a series of 1:1 interviews with a few team members of all specialities.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Very rare that this level position is looked for outside the company since it would likely be a VP position in other companies. At this level expect the entire senior management team to interview you. Expect multiple rounds and expect to go up against national candidates from outside the industry.

Interview Questions

• Honestly it is a very straight forward interview process, in fact one might argue they need to be more diligent in their interviews. Do not worry too much about 'zinger' questions. There are no Google like questions or cases to solve. Expect "are you a gamer" but know that the answer does not need to be yes if you are functionally solid.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Responsible negotiation for senior positions though there are policies in place that will preclude wholesale "open checkbook" discussions.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online and received an email around three months later that they wanted to set up a phone interview. This was on a Friday morning. The interaction was fast and an interview was scheduled for the following Monday afternoon. I received another email about fifteen minutes before the scheduled interview time telling me that another member of the hiring team had put out an offer to someone else without consulting the rest of the team and it was accepted over the weekend, so my interview was cancelled. Incredibly unprofessional.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I was contacted initially by a hiring manager. Spoke on the phone with two developers. I was flown out and interviewed in person by whole team. Flown home with offer following a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short, but honest and fair.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Hiring takes place after numerous phone calls with HR. Once interview is established, no one is prepared, many of the same questions and salary negotiations were long and drawn out.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me what your worst experience is when dealing with an ad agency   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long and tedious

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ubisoft (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The HR guy told me right off the bat he was interviewing 7 other people for the same position that day, he would be asking questions & taking notes, taking those notes to his hiring manager, and following up early the week after to let me know if I would be moving forward.

He essentially asked 3 things:

1. Why are you leaving your company/why work at ours?
    2. Walk me through your resume - tell me why you're qualified.
    3. How much did your previous employer pay/how much do you want us to pay you?

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume - tell me why you're qualified.   1 Answer

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2015.

Interview

I contacted on LinkedIn the manager of Ubisoft Osaka after he announced the studio was looking for Game Designers. After sending him my resume on his request, I got a Skype interview the same week with a Game Designer, a Programmer and a Producer. We spoke, in English and Japanese, about my past experiences and aspirations.

One week later, I got a second interview, with the manager himself. The interview went smoothly, and we talked about the studio and its projects. However, I was not offered a position at this time because of my lack of ability in Japanese (JLPT 3 minimum), without excluding any future opportunity if I improve this weakness.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ubisoft (Pune (India)).

Interview

1 Telephonic Interview
    2 Called onsite - Written essay , mostly to see English Proficiency
    3 They make you play a very buggy version of a game for an hour and tell you to make notes of the bugs.
    4 Team manager will interview one on one . And ask you various gaming related questions
    5. Final HR round for final offer.

Interview Questions

• How in your opinion is a game tested ?
      Types of Games ?