Ubisoft Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 8, 2014
Updated Aug 8, 2014
51 interviews

Level Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in September 2013.

Their Talent Acquisition staff reached out to me via email and invited me for an interview. First round of interview involved mainly behavioural questions as well as design/problem questions. Presented with a level design test at the end of the interview for a platformer game in the vein of their more popular franchises with a week to work on it.
    Invited in for a second round of interviews by more senior staff with more challenging questions related to specific design and production challenges.
    HR personnel got back to me within 2 weeks of the last interview with an offer. Total process took slightly more than a month. The people involved were all very nice and friendly and made the effort to make you feel relaxed and treat you like a candidate they would seriously consider.

Interview Questions
    • Given two important features/tasks with a looming deadline that only you can handle, how would you decide which would be more important?   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation as they mentioned that the conditions set were pretty standardised for the company.

QA Tester Interview

Self applied via the careers website of the company for the QA Tester position at Ubisoft Milan, Italy on June 17 2013.

No feebadcks received via mail or phone.
    The application status still "Application received" while the job oppurtinity is closed.

Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Ubisoft.

1 interview, 1 test, 1 negotiation

Generalist Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in May 2013.

Phone interview of about 20 minutes with recruiter to know the reason why I applied, my expected salary range and when I would be available. I answered I'd give three weeks notice to my current employer.

Interview on site with recruiter, team lead and director. Technical and non-technical questions. Their intention was to know my personnality, my strengths and weaknesses, how I would fit in the team. They kindly answered my questions, really honest answers. Interview lasted about one hour. They said I'd get an technical interview online that I'd be able to answer from home, needed to plan for 100 minutes.

Got the technical questions, took about 120 minutes to complete at my own pace. Very broad range of subjects as it was intended for a generalist programmer.

A phone about one week after the technical questions to plan for a small phone interview. This interview was with recruiter, two team leads and the director and they wanted to know more about my long term goals, had questions about my personal career path up to that point.

Got a phone call 3-4 days after the last phone interview, saying they wanted to give me an offer but needed to verify some professional references before, which I gave them the next day.

The verification of references took about one week and I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about MMX specific Assembly code. I don't know much about Assembly other than my general course on computer architecture in University.   View Answer
    No negotiation, the offer was fine for me.

No Job Title Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Quebec, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Quebec, QC (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft.

I was informed via e-mail that I would be getting a review by Ubisoft by their Graphics Technical Director, with out any knowledge of which position (I applied to a few to better my chances, but also have 4 different degrees). As soon as the review started I was told I was a number, while being internally referred by an Associate Technical Director and Motion Capture Director. I went through an incredibly strenuous five review process going through a battery of tests, while being informed that someone was going to help pull for me to reviewer. During this time my website was hacked into, and confronted the reviewer after looking at my website and half of my stuff wasn't working properly. I was pretty upset, the person reviewing my work never got back with me about it, and at the end didn't get this position that I don't even know to this day that I did not get, but also I find out months down the road from Human Resources that based on "Operations of Studios" that my referrals didn't go through while the Assistant Technical Director was pulling for me at a different studio location, same with the Motion Capture Director. I was talking with Coaches, Animators, Directors at the time to get to know the culture, understand what type of environment I would be in if I was given the opportunity, but based on the fact that I knew others in a different studio location, while being told I'm being internally referred and being pulled for, based on operations of studios and studio to studio operations it does not do anything. I still to this day, after a 5 week review, which I even followed up with the reviewer, never got back to me, but told me to keep applying. Outside of that fact, but issues with my website once it was over. I talked with an Animator of the company after I was done, also with the Motion Capture Director, also an Assistant Technical Director about it, and they told me to let it go, also to move on completely. Also to not worry about it. Even still to this day, like I said, I don't even know what position it was for.

QC Manager/Studio Head for QC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in December 2011.

3 Process
    1 with MD
    1 with WW QC Director
    1 with HR

Interview Questions
    Only with the pay since they could not pay me as well as they wished.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Their recruiter contacted me and arranged an interview soon after. After a few more interviews I received the jobs. It took them a week to send an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Given numbers 1 to 100 in an array a random number was replaced with 0. Find the which number it was in constant time (100).   View Answer
    I did not negotiate anything. was too dumb.

3D Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft.

3-4 rounds of interview which includes various technical and aptitude tests.

1-2 weeks

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2012.

First of all a skill test of game testing was conducted after passing that an interview was taken by the company people like manager and two senior employees. After that i was informed that i was selected for the job and offer letter was emailed to me by the human resource officer on that very day. I was given a joining date three days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    i was not able to negotiate because i told straight to me that salary was not a subject to negotiation in the case the job which i applied for.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ubisoft in October 2012.

I was contacted by phone, by the HR department after having applied online. An interview regarding HR and technical questions was setup. The questions was easy and common in any interview for this position. The next steps included 3 more interviews: one with the HR department, and 2 technical interviews.
    I did not like the fact that the initial technical interview was with a person from the HR department, not with a technical person. I find that disrespectful for any candidate applying for a technical position.

I got a better offer.