Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Marketing Studies Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)) in May 2015.

Interview

Premier appel RH puis entretien en face à face avec le futur tuteur de stage. Enfin appel avec la manager du service.
    Le premier entretien téléphonique se contente de revenir brièvement sur le profil, tandis que le deuxième est très pragmatique avec une étude de cas très concrète. Le dernier se concentre plus sur les apports personnels et sur le stage au quotidien.

Interview Questions

• Analyse d'une étude de cas.
      A quels jeux vidéos jouez vous ?
      Que changeriez vous (anciennes expériences) ?

1 Answer

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

After I contacted the recruiter from Linkedin, a phone interview was arrange the next day. And for a big company it was really fast that an interview had been arrange on the following week. The recruiter is cool and do reminds me on stuff that I should take note on the actual interview.

At this point I am still waiting for my last interview.

Junior Engine Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ubisoft (Paris (France)) in April 2015.

Interview

After applying online I got a phone call from the HR the next day. The following days I got two interviews with people from the HR and studio and team managers.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about my previous experiences, aiming to know what I was interested in, what I learned from my previous experiences and if I did something out of the studies that'd show my motivation.The interview was informal and delightful.   1 Answer

International Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)) in March 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the campus manager. The interview lasted 1 hour and I was very much challenged on why I wanted the job, why I wanted to work in the industry and in Human Resources. He also tested my level of English (he began to speak English to me). After the phone interview we scheduled a physical interview with both the campus manager and my future manager. The interview lasted 2 hours, during the interview I was tested on my English written skills and on my ability to cope with HR matters (it was a case study).
    I got contacted on the phone the day after by the campus manager to tell me that I got the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Applied through a recruitment company. Took two weeks to get an interview call from the recruitment company. Technical interview was scheduled with the lead developer in Abu Dhabi. But on the interview day, it was again with HR person in Abu Dhabi. Again technical interview was scheduled after two days. First time, I observed a 1 person interviewer in a big company. Usually it is a panel. And the interview lasted for 10 minutes, only 3 questions. Looks like the interviewer did not want to process the interview. And its been two weeks and no update yet.

Interview Questions

• Background, PHP design patterns (especially where to use singleton pattern), php profiling   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview

Hiring process is rather fast for a big company. A few hours after sending my cover letter and resume, I was invited to a phone interview. After that, I was scheduled for a 24-hour questionnaire, which involved critically assessing a game I have played before. Less than a week after that I was contacted for an interview with lead designers at the studio.

At the point of writing this I am scheduled for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      After this question the interview kind of turned into an enjoyable conversation regarding game history, game components, life as a game designer and life at Ubisoft.

Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

I saw the posting for a QA Intern
    1) Applied via the Job Portal
    2) Received an email a week later scheduling an interview
    3) Interview was pretty long, consisted of two portions - A QA Test, where you had to review and report the bugs of a pretty old game, name the parts of hardware and spot the differences between two given images.
    4) A 2 on 1 interview was then carried out, the interviewees were very nice in understanding not everyone had similar experiences.
    5) Awaited a reply, did not receive an offer. Could have sent out a rejection email for closure.

2D Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sakai, Osaka (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Sakai, Osaka (Japan)) in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by email which then progressed into a Skype interview/talk. From there they set me and art test which was based on two 8 hour sessions. After the art test I was then invited to the studio which they nicely offered to pay for travel. At the studio I was expecting to have a tour but instead it was an actual interview, they put right into a meeting room and then asked me a series of questions about my experience, my future and what games I play. All together I was interviewed by a total of 9 people in three different sessions, one after the other. I asked my prepared questions and then was shown out without seeing the studio at all. A week later I was offered the position. All very smooth and they were very welcoming. I was just very unsure about the environment before I actually started.

Interview Questions

• What games are you playing right now?   1 Answer

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ubisoft (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

There is a 1 hour technical test and a face to face interview. The whole interview process took about 2 hours. The Interviewer is pretty friendly, but be prepared for some technical questions too. The technical questions are mostly to test your ability as a programmer as well as your experiences in game programming.

Junior Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ubisoft (Bucharest (Romania)) in February 2015.

Interview

First I did a short HR phone interview, then a 2 hours written (technical) test (a really long test to do in 2 hours), a longer HR interview and two technical interviews also by phone (20 min each, with different Lead programmers).

I applied through the graduate program, on December of the previous year. I will say, based on my college classmates who also got answered and those who don't, that they do no consider candidates who haven't done an internship.