Ubisoft

Average Difficulty
48 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pune (India)

I applied online and interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details – Apply for the post online on ubisoft pune official site. If they accept your resume the will reply for the interview.

Interview Question – Make you play the bizzare games of all time.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details – I applied online on a dedicated site. I was then contacted by HR for an interview. My first interview didn't get me a job, but they recommended me to another team, and I finally got hired.
You have two interviews: one with the HR (personality, company presentation, advantages, etc.) and one with your future lead (techniwal evaluation, personality, teamwork capability)

Interview Question – You are asked to answer a video game culture question in English. Which can prove difficult for french people   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Designer
Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details – I interviewed a long time ago - things surely changed in the meantime.
There are now tests involved and what they are after is a very trained, logical, structured person.
Make sure you built some mods, built some levels and understand the basics of game design - rules, sign&feedback, etc.
Search the internet for the Ubisoft Design Academy courses. I remember a Gamasutra article - that might help.

Interview Question – You will be asked to design something - so make sure your design patterns are clear and progressive.
If I might seem like i talk nonsense - welcome to the design world :)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had very little choice at that time and I got a small salary - but the journey was fun.

Very Difficult Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ubisoft in February 2008.

Interview Details – i applied online.There was a preliminary screening process

Interview Question – most interesting game?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – dont know why..

Level Designer Interview

Level Designer
Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Ubisoft in January 2010.

Interview Details – First step was a short conversation via phone. Step 2 and 3 were consisted in two tests(one test for game culture and second a technical test for level design) sent via mail.
Next steps were the technical interview and HR interview followed by benefits negotiations via email.

Interview Question – Why, as a girl, I decided to follow a career in Level Design   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the medical/health plan.

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1st interview was on testing and noticing bugs on an old game, 2nd interview was telling about myself and how did i come across the job post and the 3rd interview was with the manager, asking about me and some technical questions

Interview Question – Didn't have difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Localization Project Manager Interview

Localization Project Manager
Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in July 2012.

Interview Details – Process was made up from a series of interviews and practical tests:

- Interview with HR
- Practical tests (2 hours time to complete - various questions)
- Second test - project - simulation of a complex document - localization memo - 3 days to complete. Could work at home
- Another HR Interview
- Interview with potential Manager
- Waiting for the results (came in 3-4 days)

Interview Questions

• How do you manage the localization process on vendors side   View Answer
  • How do the sound recordings take place at smaller projects   View Answer

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in January 2010.

Interview Details – Right now the interview process has completely changed, previously they use to have skill test then 1 to 1 interview, but now they have canned the skill test & only take 1 to 1 interview, which i feel is incorrect.
QC manager doesnt know how to take interviews, during interview he will keep his both legs on the table and ask you all the questions....imagine that :(

Interview Questions

• Difference between first person shooter & third person shooter ?   View Answer
  • Give reasons....why did a particular bug made it to a shipped title.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – fake negotiation, if you are experienced they say your experience will be consider after 6months, but actually they dont...they cheat on you.

Network Programmer Interview

Network Programmer
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ubisoft in February 2011.

Interview Details – Apply and did test for one position, but was hired for another.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Bad, staff didn't response for a long time. Didn't reply for emails and phone calls.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Ubisoft in November 2011.

Interview Details – Although the actual interview went very well, I did have an extremely negative experience with their HR recruitment consultants.

Their HR recruitment consultant had actually called me personally explaining they wanted to bring me in again for a new role that had opened up (I'd interviewed for a similar position 6 months prior - and interestingly had exactly the same experience with another consultant). Being quite excited to break into the industry (being new to the industry is the reason I was reject before BTW) I took up her offer thinking things would be more transparent this time because A) It was a different consultant, B) they called me. I was wrong.

After my final interview, waited three weeks with no response from HR consultant. My follow up emails were ignored and I was treated very rudely during the only follow up call where I managed to connect with the recruitment consultant.

All in all, probably the least professional company I have ever dealt with in my 6 years of working in IT. They have lost me both as a potential future candidate and a customer.

Advice to management;

Overhaul your HR recruitment group before considering hires in other areas. Your consultants are rude and lack a basic code of ethics. HR are the face of your company when bringing in new talent and you run the risk of seriously diminishing the fantastic brand you have spent the last 25 years building. Candidates dedicate a lot of time and effort preparing for interviews and 9/10 times probably have to take time off work just to attend. A simple one line email notification upon rejection is more than enough, but seems to be too much for your recruitment consultants. It's perhaps excusable (or at least understandable) for management with actual day jobs to ignore or forget about a candidate, but absolutely inexcusable for your HR recruitment consultants whose sole responsibility it is to source and manage potential candidates.

Interview Question – We do most of our planning in Excel, how would you improve this process?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ubisoft