Ubisoft Interview Questions in Montreal, QC

Updated Apr 12, 2015

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Took a long time: initial phone interview to filter out bogus candidates. Then a technical interview, then interview with immediate superior + HR drone. Process took about 4 weeks. It did not help that it was during summer, I understand that.

Interview Questions

• Describe all processes involved during initial boot of a server   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negociated my holydays more than my pay itself. I did get what I wanted but it took some talking; they were initialy not inclined to give me what I wanted until I walked out of the negociation; they then came back with an agreement on what I've asked.

Tools Audio Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

initial short call from HR to know expected salary, why interested, etc. Then 2 programming tests, one on audio programming and one on general c++ programming. I think I took too long on the general test, I took like 3hrs when it was limited to 2hrs... in any case my performance on that test wasn't good enough to get an interview

Interview Questions

• audio programming was quite basic, e.g., what is an audio sequencer, what is pro tools. Not really any programming questions in that one. For the general tests, assembly questions (which I ignored), some c#, and some general math/3d questions, like how many vertices are required to be rendered when a game is streaming with a given refresh rate and the player is moving at a speed of X m/s yadayada (pretty sure I bombed that one lol).   Answer Question

Budgeting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

One general over the phone interview and then another face to face interview. Wasn't called after. However they were very polite. Many places don't even call you if they don't want to meet you for a second interview, they called and said it was a pleasure to meet you, however we won't be moving forward with you (something in those lines)

Interview Questions

• How are your excel skills?   1 Answer

Generalist Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview of about 20 minutes with recruiter to know the reason why I applied, my expected salary range and when I would be available. I answered I'd give three weeks notice to my current employer.

Interview on site with recruiter, team lead and director. Technical and non-technical questions. Their intention was to know my personnality, my strengths and weaknesses, how I would fit in the team. They kindly answered my questions, really honest answers. Interview lasted about one hour. They said I'd get an technical interview online that I'd be able to answer from home, needed to plan for 100 minutes.

Got the technical questions, took about 120 minutes to complete at my own pace. Very broad range of subjects as it was intended for a generalist programmer.

A phone about one week after the technical questions to plan for a small phone interview. This interview was with recruiter, two team leads and the director and they wanted to know more about my long term goals, had questions about my personal career path up to that point.

Got a phone call 3-4 days after the last phone interview, saying they wanted to give me an offer but needed to verify some professional references before, which I gave them the next day.

The verification of references took about one week and I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about MMX specific Assembly code. I don't know much about Assembly other than my general course on computer architecture in University.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, the offer was fine for me.

BI -- Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

2 interviews. 3 and 4 persons. 1 person from HR on 1st interview, people from the division, and one higer up in 2nd interview. No catch-question. I felt an honest desire to find out if there was a good match or not. Lot of technical technical questions on first interview. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. They were more casually dressed than me. Nobody dresses formally there, really (Montreal). Nothing to complain about.

Interview Questions

• Some random question from the HR girl. But the other ones seem to make the decision anyway.   Answer Question

Tools Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online on the website, and it took a couple of weeks before I had any news on the subject. Once I had the phone call that my profile was interesting, it was only a matter of days before the whole process completed.

There was a phone interview with the recruiter
    Then there was a skills test to do at home
    Then there was an interview with the teams interested with my profile.

Quickly thereafter there was the negotiation phase, and that was it.
    Pretty straightforward in my case.

Interview Questions

• Tests at Ubisoft don't expect you to answer all the questions, there are a lot of questions in many area of the trade in order to highlight your strong points and your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Network Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Apply and did test for one position, but was hired for another.

Interview Questions

• Somethings about ASM language, however, I said I don't know it at all!   Answer Question
    • What are advantages of XBox business architecture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Bad, staff didn't response for a long time. Didn't reply for emails and phone calls.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2008.

Interview

Was contacted by HR person by email, then by phone, then went through a programming test and interview with the team. The test was quite easy but contained some unrelated material. Also had to fill out a "personality profile". Was interviewed by team lead and several programmers, no tough questions but really disliked the unsubstantiated "looking down upon" from the old-timer team members that was evident during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe/explain MFC32 and Assembler function names. Unrelated to the nature of the position I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Got an offer for a junior position , but refused since have 5+ years professional experience.

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ubisoft (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2008.

Interview

Reaseach the Company that your applying for and then do some more Research, be prepared!
    Only show relivant work for the position that you are apply for if applying in a creative field.
    Show your best work only, show less rather then more.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This depends on one's experience.
    Let them make the first offer! they may offer you more then what you where going to ask for. If it is not enough make a counter offer.