Uchicago Argonne

Interviews for Top Jobs at Uchicago Argonne

Systems and Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lemont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lemont, IL

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Uchicago Argonne in September 2010.

The interview consisted of two parts - the first was based on finding someone who had the right fit along with the technical expertise. The second part was based on speaking with the deputy and lead directors to ensure a fit between the two parties.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They went way above my salary expectations.

Coop Student Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Uchicago Argonne in October 2011.

The interview process took a while with a long series of documents being required to fulfill the coop student requirements of IIT and Argonne's Education Branch. However, by being persistent and re-sending copies of some of the documents, I managed to get everything in. Once that requirement was done and having survived a brutal interview in which I surely thought I had failed their expectations, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Some on the spot, heavily abstract concept questions about how I think.   View Answer
    • Electrical engineering circuits to solve.   View Answer

Science Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uchicago Argonne in October 2009.

email contact, phone interview, online chat, on-site interview, background check, visa problems.
    some position online is actually filled when they post the position. they are fake positions. but if you applied several month ago for a position, your resume is in their resume bank, they might inform you if you are still available.