Uhlig

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Interactive Media Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uhlig in February 2011.

Overall the hiring process was standard consisting of a phone interview asking about essential skills and getting to know you as a person. Then I was asked to meet with a HR director where I was informed of the benefits which were substandard. Afterwards I was asked to meet with the department hiring manager where I spoke with him where he seemed a little less than happy about his job. While his input was informative he was definitely making it clear that he did not like his job. Afterwards I did a skills evaluation based on my knowledge of programming when the job requirements were specifically based around design not development. After this process I met with the board of directors where they all asked me a series of questions, pretty much the same as the HR director. Do not treat them like regular people apparently they believe they are higher than you and being yourself and showing them who you are as a professional is not smart. After my interview process I was call a week later informing me that I was a really good candidate but the owner of the company decided not to hire for the position anymore and was not sure if they needed the position. While I understood this it completely contradicted what the hiring manager said, specifying that they had the budget to hire 4 interactive designers and wanted to expand in this area. I was call 2 weeks after tha saying they were sorry but they did not know what was going on and they understand if I had to consider other employment. a week later I was mailed a letter saying I was not qualified for the position. So if you plan on looking for a job in this are I would consider my options and keep your expectations low when applying here.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you had to overcome a problem with a client   View Answer