Uhlig

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Uhlig in May 2010.

After several skills tests on excel, writing, etc., the kicker was the lame panel interview with the VPs and CEO. The VP who I would have reported to, if I had taken their lowball offer, was clearly not interested in the process. She walked out 5 minutes into the interview complaining of a ticklish throat. I had indications from the HR person that she was difficult to get along with. Since she had someone else in mind for the job, an internal friend perhaps, it seemed like a disaster waiting to happen.

Interview Questions

The VP I would report to had a chip on her shoulder because they didn't hire someone else. The company is tightfisted and pays a lousy salary. Also, I don't like to be offered 3k less than I'm currently making to take a crappy job as a PM on a staff that is generally underpaid.