Uline Account Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uline (Auburn, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

They called me within 5 minutes of me submitting an online application through one of the online job boards. After a short call with the recruiter, they wanted to see me in 2 days, but required that I fill out about 4 hours of assessments that I had to take at home. When I arrived for my interview, there were 3 more assessments -- I felt like I was interviewing in the dark ages - really -- it had been more years than I want to admit since that was required of me. Once I passed those assessments, they sent in a junior recruiter to go over my resume. After a 9 hour investment of my time, they sent me a canned email. Now, how much respect are you going to get at this company?

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses (really?)?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Uline

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Uline (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Beware...if a job is posted on job boards and it has been listed for several weeks or months, they are likely NOT going to hire for the position. The interview consists of a math and grammar aptitude test and then one or more face to face interviews.
    I applied for two positions that were posted more than 60 days and it both cases they ran me through the multiple interview process and then said thanks but no thanks. In fact, that was more than 90 days ago and those jobs are still posted on line. One job has been posted for 8 months! Don't waste your time applying for any of these "old" jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Uline (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the next day to set up a telephone interview for the next Friday. She told me that she would email me some assessment tests to complete prior to the telephone interview. Included were the Jung Typology Test, a Uline Writing Style Test, and the Uline DISC profile.

Interview Questions

• Which is most important? The results or the process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Uline (Waukegan, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online to a posting on a job board. Called me for an interview within a half-hour. I called back and got through the screening interview. Next was a phone interview, but wait! First I was sent a battery of online assessments (4- a personality profile, a sales success profile, a ULine writing style test and a ULine DiSC profile), After passing those, I was given a phone interview-pretty standard questions. I guess I passed those because the next interview was in Waukegan. Oh, another, but wait- more forms to fill out (agreement to submit to drug testing, agreement for them to check my credit, criminal background check and an actual application) So at the interview, I went to HR, where I was given 2 more tests- a numbers matching and a finish the number patterns test- and was given 4 minutes to complete each test (or as much as I could get done.) Then drove across the street, where I met with 2 current reps. After meeting with them , I met with 2 sales managers. All seemed to go very well and they told me I would hear from HR soon. HR and an account rep called me early the next week to set up a half day travelling with a rep in the area. So, I met the rep at 8am and his half day lasted until 2:30! He asked me a lot of questions as I did him. Turns out ULine is sort of a churn and burn place. When I asked the rep what was more important, the number of calls you make or the revenue you bring in, he said the number of calls. "In the first 6 months, you must make 6 a day, then it is 7. You never leave and go on to the next call if someone is late, you stay around and wait for them-no matter how long." Then I was told never call the people with whom you have later appointments that have been pushed back as a result because that will count as a cancellation on your call sheet. What about common courtesy and goodwill? Apparently, they don't matter. Also, we left several appointments and the rep said, "I'll talk to you in a year." A year? Really? How do you build any sort of relationship that way? But, I digress.....so, I was supposed to be out for a half day and ended up spending 6.5 hours with the rep. He drove, so I couldn't leave. I did get a lunch on the company that day- and the rep seemed like I should be eternally grateful. He bought me an $8 sandwich and mentioned 3 times that the company paid for it.

Interview Questions

• When travelling with the rep, we visited an office in an office park. There was a small mailing station behind the reception desk. The rep I was travelling with asked me when we left, "was that a warehouse call or an office call?" I answered office. he said, "No, trick question. Any mailing station, even in an office evnironment, is considered a warehouse call!" Ummmm, ok, so I don't know how ULine classifies things yet. How would I? I DON"T WORK THERE and this is company jargon   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Uline (Buford, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

Everyone was very nice and professional. The process was pretty quick. The environment didn't seem very uptight but I was only there for an hour. The initial interview is with HR. The questions were not too difficult, and the interview was actually very loose. Asked what type of work environment I would prefer and how my past colleagues and supervisors would describe me. There is definitely a dress code. Other than not receiving an offer, my overall experience was plesant.

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Uline (Buford, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was called approximately 30 minutes later. After introduction from HR, I was sent an email including 2 personality tests and a writing sample for me to complete. Each test is simple, and the phone interview was a very brief explanation of the position. Common questions including why I wanted position, why I was qualified, etc. Overall, it was a painless and simple interview.