Uline

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online and interviewed at Uline.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews. The first one with and HR rep. 4 weeks later I had a second interview with the person who would've been my supervisor. I never heard back after that interview. I think when a company can't even let you know the position has been filled is VERY poor practice.

Interview Question – Talking about the whole dress code experience - women must wear dresses or skirts with panythose.   Answer Question

Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Uline in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online then was called to set up an interview. I was given the number for a woman who NEVER answered her phone and didn't return my voicemail. After a couple days, I spoke with the operator who said she is a recruiter but does not handle setting up interviews, and gave me the number for another guy to call. I called him and set up the interview. He sent me an email with a series of "tests" I was supposed to take BEFORE the interview. It was a personality test and a writing test, and also a background check and application form.

The personality test was easy, and the writing test was a bit weird. It was basically taking a long paragraph and making it more concise while still hitting the main details. It took me about an hour to do all this and email it back. They also sent the info for the background check which I had to email back BEFORE the interview with the completed application. This made me a bit uncomfortable, because I had to list my date of birth, which I know is technically illegal for them to ask... especially before an offer is made... Anyways, I filled out all that info- VERY detailed, they want your mother's maiden name, your SS#, your DOB and previous addresses, etc etc. I completed all this info too and brought the signed papers to the interview. I hate thinking about how much info they have on me now laying around somewhere!

I went to the interview, which was okay but felt a bit like a cattle call. In one small interview room, there were about 10 other people waiting for interviews. The receptionist said they run interviews like this ALL DAY LONG, 5 days a week. The interview itself was first a series of tests, which I took in a classroom with about 4 other people who were also interviewing. It was a sales aptitude test (which was a bit confusing, I have NO clue how I did one that) and a test to show that you can match numbers in series and sequence. They were pretty easy, but they don't tell you the results or what they are looking for, so I don't really know. I was then brought back to the waiting room, where I waited for about 55 minutes while watching the other interviewees go in and out. The interview itself was fine. Just a series of basic questions like "what is your greatest strength?" and "what are your weaknesses?" I thought this went very well, I felt like I did a good job. I was then told I would get a call or email in 10 days letting me know if they wanted me to come back for a 2nd interview. About 8 days later, I got an email that I did not get the job. I was a bit surprised I didn't get a 2nd interview, I thought it had gone very well, and I am certainly well qualified and experienced. I have since then applied for similar jobs with Uline, and have always gotten an email right away that they are not interested. So I guess I got blacklisted somehow?? Not sure what happened there-- I filled out all the forms, took all the tests, got to the interview on time and prepared and wearing my best suit... but I figure maybe it just wasn't meant to be. It was a bit of a strange process, so hopefully my detailed account will help someone else in the process! Just a tip I got from a friend who used to work there- Wear a suit to the interview- ladies, they prefer knee-length skirts and nylons. And also be VERY careful of your grammar on the forms and in the writing sample. Apparently any little typo will get your resume tossed. Good luck!

Interview Question – What are your professional goals?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Uline in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position via Monster.com on a Thursday. By Friday, I received a call and scheduled an interview for the following Thursday. That same day I was e-mailed a writing style test, a Jung personality test and a word association test to be completed before the weekend. On the day of the interview, I took a spelling test, a typing test, a pattern sequencing test, and a number scanning test. I then met with the HR rep for about half an hour. She seemed really excited to have me there and took me to meet one of the managers for the department I'd be working for. I talked with that manager for about half an hour, took a tour of the warehouse area, and then the manager asked me to come back the following Monday to take more tests and meet the other manager for the department. I returned, took an excel test, an access test, and a word test, then met with the two managers for about half an hour. I was then "double jacked" with an expereinced Customer Service rep so I could listen in to incoming calls. She was very encouraging and extremely nice and interested in hearing about me and my interview experience. By 2pm on Tuesday I had received an offer and was asked to give notice at my current job so I could begin training in exactly two weeks. The company has a very formal look-- business professional, something I find extremely appealing. The buildings are also impecably clean, another plus for me. I think the most awesome thing I've noticed is that everyone seems to get along with everyone else. The people are extremely nice and outgoing, and everyone smiles and says hello to each other. It's an open floor office with cubicles, so you work with everyone around you, and during the interview process, you get to walk right throgh it and see what it looks like. I'm very impressed and excited!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – This company offered me a salary of $5 more per hour than my previous job, with twice as many hours to work, as well as health, dental, and vision insurance an paid time off. No negotiations neccessary!

Worked for Uline? Contribute to the Community!