Uline Interview Questions in Coppell, TX

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Uline (Coppell, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Submitted application online. Was called for and interview set up time a couple weeks out. Was sent personality test, writing skills test and one other test to do online in the mean time. Went for interview was on time and well dressed. I was given two numbers test. There were two of us taking the numbers test together. I noticed a man taking a typing and spelling test after his interview. I went back to waiting area. I was called for my 1:1 interview by a young woman who made poor eye contact with me after her initial look of disapproval. I am assuming the disapproving look was due to my age and weight as I was dressed nicely. We went back to a tiny office with two chairs and I was told to select either seat. I sat down she looked at my midsection I covered it with my jacket ( I guess they don't like any overweight or older people). She asked me basic questions and took notes the interview was quiet short. I had a couple questions. She said well that's it we review applications and the end of the week we will let you know in a couple weeks. I thought to myself hmmmm no typing or spelling test for me that would be a waste of time huh? I called back and the HR person confirmed my thoughts.......if they had liked me during the interview I would have taken the next set of test which were typing and spelling. All the questions they asked during the interview could have been done over the phone. I guess they just wanted to take a look at me. I have a degree and more than 15 years customer service experience. The interviewed did tell me about the strict dress code for women which is a odd but doable. The front desk people and the office environment were nice. I picked up on that micro expression of disapproval upon first glance at me. Do your best they seem to be really really into appearance hence the dress code. I am what I am I do a good job and it is there loss if they can't see past my not so perfect and older figure.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you pursuing a job for which you have a degree. Even though I have not worked in that field for 18 years duh!   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Uline (Coppell, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

First there are a few basic skills test. Math and problem solving assessment. You have 4 minutes to complete or answer as many questions as you can. Then there is the pre interview with an HR representative. If you get pass these, you're on your way to a second interview. Good Luck. You'll need all you can over credentials.

Warehouse Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Uline (Coppell, TX).

Interview

3-4 interviews, 5-6 assessments. Very selective most of the time. Don't feel bad if you don't make it, they hire associates who are far more qualified for the positions they hold.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for pay, Tried.

Qoutes Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Uline (Coppell, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received a call one week later asking if I was still interested in the position. I gladly said yes. I was then emailed a series of test, including a personality and short essay writing sample. The test were not difficult, I was then called a few days later for testing. Upon arrival I was given some aptitude test, including a number sequence test and number matching test.

Interview process:

On the day that I took the aptitude test I interviewed with three people; the HR recruiter, the department manager, and a phone interview with someone from Uline's corporate office. The entire process took about three and half hours. I was very impressed by the atmosphere at this place. Everyone was so professional, the office is very clean and well kept, there is a business dress code, and people were working.

By the end of the week, I received a phone call inviting me through all day sit-through on the following week. On that day, I sat with two employees from the department in which I applied and a customer service representative. I then interviewed with the general manager. I was taken on a tour of the building. The warehouse is cleaner than any warehouse I've ever seen. I then had another phone interview with someone from corporate. That put an end to the day. I was there about six and a half hours.

I was offered the job about two weeks later.

Bottom line, Uline is very thorough in choosing candidates for employment. This not just a run of the mill place to work. Uline has high standards. They put a lot of effort into recruiting and obtaining the right people to work for them (well us now) :). I am extremely honored to accept the offer of employment there and look forward to a long working relationship with Uline.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you need to improve on or need to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered was great. No negotiations needed.

Quotes Representative/Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Uline (Coppell, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online directly at Uline website and recieved a phone interview the next day. The interviewer sent a few aptitude tests by e-mail, along with background & drug test forms to complete. E-mailed back a writting style test and Jung Typology Test™ . Arrived at interview and was given a numbers matching test, numbers sequence test, a typing test and a spelling test. Imediately was given an interview with basic questions and explained the next step is with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What did you like most about your last position?
      What did you like least about your last position?

Answer Question
    • What interests you most about the position?
      What do you look for in a job?

Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?
      What are your availabilities?