Uline

Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.6

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Uline.

I went in for the first interview and had to take a few tests, which were not difficult. Then I had an interview with HR and it went well. She said she wanted to do a second interview, and would call me to set it up. I then came in for the second interview and another person was talking like I had already had the job. I then got an email a week later saying they had more qualified people.

Other Interview Reviews for Uline

Customer Service Representative Interview

Met them at a career fair at my university. Was contacted within 48 hours to set up a phone interview for the next week. Basic questions, nothing difficult. Was then asked to set up a video conference interview two weeks later. Was not very difficult, she only asked me three or four questions--I actually had more questions for her. Still waiting to hear a reply after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Strengths/Weaknesses, What did I learn from previous jobs   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uline in October 2014.

Received a response the following day after submitting my online application. Returned their call and had my interview the following week. Location was beautiful. All of their employees seemed helpful, happy, and pleasant. Started out by taking two tests followed by a 1 on 1 interview that asked pretty standard questions. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly they didn't ask anything other than standard questions. Most of the questions seemed to focus on the applicant to see if you would be a good fit. Traditional things like "3 strengths" and "3 weaknesses" etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uline.

I am SO GLAD that I read all of the information on glass door. Like others said, the interview process is very extensive. My interview was for 8:30, and I showed up around 8:25. There were about 50 or so people waiting, and I was informed that they conduct these job fairs every Friday. They interview for all positions during these fairs, so there were people from the warehouse, customer service, etc.

They first began by giving a numbers matching and number pattern test. They then called people up to interview. I'm not sure if it was random, or if they were trying to weed people out. I got called early on and interviewed with a rep. We went into a large space with several tables where everyone was interviewing. I couldn't hear anyone else. She asked me basic questions about my experience. I know that I did well because she told me I was going to the next round. If I didn't, I would have been escorted to the reception area. When I got back to the waiting room, it was pretty empty, so I'm guessing that they weed people out fairly quickly.

I then took a computerized spelling and typing test before interviewing with another rep. Again, there were even fewer people around for this. She asked me more in-depth questions, but nothing difficult. Be sure to ask questions about the company! She then told me that they were setting me up to shadow a rep and interview with another HR person. I interviewed with her, and then went into the call center. It was clean and pretty quiet. After I shadowed with her, I then had another interview with the Branch Manager. This was very simple. I answered basic questions and for the most part just chatted.

I then met with the HR manager, who told me that my potential start date would be in a few weeks. Of the 50 people who showed up, only 3 made it to be interviewed by the Branch Manager. As long as you are articulate, mention that you are organized and detail oriented, you should be fine.

Also, WEAR A SUIT!!!! I knew from reading here that the dress code is intense. This is very true. A suit will make you stand out, and as a woman it is an absolute MUST. I cannot stress how important it is to wear a suit. So many people in my interview were wearing jeans, or even a nice blouse. All of these people left after the first round. Appearance here is important.

UPDATE - After this interview process, I was contacted to complete four more assessments - personality tests and writing tests. Both were very simple. I had to send back the results. I was then informed that I passed this stage, and they asked me for references and information for a background check.

Interview Questions
    There is absolutely no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Uline.

Got a call next day after applying for the position. Had a group interview the following week. We took two wonderlic tests, and then were called individually to interview with an HR employee. Interview was very standard Everyone interviewed with a different person, so I'm not sure what the process was to determine who moved on to the second round of interviews. Received a call the next day to set up a one-on-one interview for the next week. They sent four tests, three of which were standard personality type tests, with a longer sales inventory test. At the second interview, was asked to complete a spelling and typing test, for a total of eight tests throughout the process. The second interview was with a department manager, and was fairly informal and just as straightforward as the first interview. Was told I would be contacted in 5-10 days.
    Some complain about the number of tests, and while eight might be a bit excessive, wonderlic tests and the like are in vogue and the tests are not exactly difficult and with the exception of the sales inventory they are not time consuming at all. Overall, the interview process was perhaps a little drawn out considering it was not intensive and was very standard, it was not as egregious as others have made it out to be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Uline in July 2014.

Submitted application online. Was called for and interview set up time a couple weeks out. Was sent personality test, writing skills test and one other test to do online in the mean time. Went for interview was on time and well dressed. I was given two numbers test. There were two of us taking the numbers test together. I noticed a man taking a typing and spelling test after his interview. I went back to waiting area. I was called for my 1:1 interview by a young woman who made poor eye contact with me after her initial look of disapproval. I am assuming the disapproving look was due to my age and weight as I was dressed nicely. We went back to a tiny office with two chairs and I was told to select either seat. I sat down she looked at my midsection I covered it with my jacket ( I guess they don't like any overweight or older people). She asked me basic questions and took notes the interview was quiet short. I had a couple questions. She said well that's it we review applications and the end of the week we will let you know in a couple weeks. I thought to myself hmmmm no typing or spelling test for me that would be a waste of time huh? I called back and the HR person confirmed my thoughts.......if they had liked me during the interview I would have taken the next set of test which were typing and spelling. All the questions they asked during the interview could have been done over the phone. I guess they just wanted to take a look at me. I have a degree and more than 15 years customer service experience. The interviewed did tell me about the strict dress code for women which is a odd but doable. The front desk people and the office environment were nice. I picked up on that micro expression of disapproval upon first glance at me. Do your best they seem to be really really into appearance hence the dress code. I am what I am I do a good job and it is there loss if they can't see past my not so perfect and older figure.

Interview Questions
    • Why aren't you pursuing a job for which you have a degree. Even though I have not worked in that field for 18 years duh!   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Uline in May 2014.

I applied on a Saturday through my university's job link site and received a call on that Monday to set up phone interview. I was a little anxious because the interviewed was scheduled for a week later. They asked pretty common questions all of which I found on here. After the phone interview I received a call a few days later to come in for a interview. I was not able to initially and had reschedule. I received a call a week later to come to interview with three customer service managers. When I arrived I as sent to a waiting room with about five other people. We took a numbers and patterns timed test. Then I interviewed with the csm. They were pleasant and didn't ask me anything too difficult. I was happy to see a very diverse work environment. I them shadowed a csr to see what I would be doing. She seemed very pleasant and enjoyed her job. The environment was of a call center. Everyone is one the phone assisting customers. It was very refreshing to see how well everyone got along. After that I took a typing and spelling test. Then I spoke with the csm again and that was it.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think exceptional customer service means to you?   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to do much negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uline.

Completed application online. Got a call for an interview 4 days later however my interview was scheduled until a week after that. Interview was at their corporate office in Buford. You're given 2 easy assessments (basically to test your number recognition) before the initial one-on-one interview. 2 other people were there to be interviewed as well.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In what company position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Uline.

First you take two number tests with at least two other candidates. One is number pairing, the other is number sequences. Pretty easy tests, but the number pairing has several questions, and you are to complete as many questions as possible within four minutes. They then interview you individually. Was a pretty easy interview and received feedback pretty quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Uline in October 2013.

I applied on a Tuesday night, was called Wednesday morning, and scheduled an interview for that Friday. There was no phone interview, but only a confirmation of if I would like to have an interview.

I arrived early thinking I would have a one-on-one interview, but as I approached the HR receptionist, they asked if I was there for the career fair. "Yes, the career fair, thank you." I reluctantly state. "Ok, please sign in and have a seat with the other candidates." The room had five tables, each table maybe had 12 or so people at them, and I would assume that maybe 60 people were there either for a customer service or warehouse position. Needless to say, no need to go in more than 5 minutes to your interview time.

When they came in and greeted us the first thing they mention, and read closely, is that they receive over 3000 resumes and applications PER WEEK. "So take a deep breath and congratulate yourselves for making it this far already." - HR guy.

*So just know (before even applying) that you are competing with upwards of 3000 others at any given time.*

The first thing you do, as you are greeted and begin your interview process, is take a test - two tests to be exact. Everyone takes the same two initial tests. The first was a simple comparing numbers test. You simply have a booklet of 100 questions that you compare the two similarly-looking numbers and put a check mark if they are the same, or leave blank if they are not. Here are examples of that:

1. 2157 - 2157
    2. 6938 - 6398
    3. 4526 - 4526
    4. 8369 - 8639
    5. 1741 - 1471

The only ones on this example which you put a check mark beside will be questions 1 and 3. Easy, right? If not, learn it. It's a timed test and you have 4 minutes to complete as much as possible. Basically if you are dyslexic, then you will have trouble with this and probably shouldn't have a job in a warehouse or customer service because you'll be dealing with item numbers and addresses quite often.

The second test given to everyone in the career fair was a number sequencing test. You complete the sequence with the next two numbers. Here is an example of that:

1. 1 2 3 4 5 6 _ _
    2. 2 4 6 8 10 12 _ _
    3. 33 30 27 24 21 18 _ _
    4. 2 14 26 38 50 62 _ _
    5. 54 47 40 33 26 19 _ _

Get it? Simply input the last two numbers in the sequence. This test is about one page long and about 25 questions. You are given 4 minutes.

The next part of the process was one-on-one interviews. You will either interview with a member of the HR staff or some other Uline employee. The individual interviews lasted 10-15 minutes. Come prepared with at least one question to ask them and be ready to answer basic questions from your work history. This wasn't too hard. Just be yourself. If you made it through the initial "3000 resumes/week" phase, then you must have something to offer. Talk about those things.

*At this point, I can't say much more about the warehouse process as I was there for Customer Service.*

After the initial interview, if you've done well, then they ask you to stay and take additional tests. If you are customer service, then you will take two typing tests - a spelling test and a speed test. The spelling test was 15 words used in sentences and you simply spell it correctly whether it is spelled correct the first time, or not. You are being timed during this so be quick but be precise in your spelling. The second test is a 5-minute speed test. Type as much as you can (apparently without using your [backspace] key). I used my backspace key due to muscle memory and force of habit. I finished the tests and was sat back in the career fair room with two other fellow candidates – one warehouse and one customer service candidate.

We were then individually interviewed by a higher up positioned employee from the HR staff. This is your time to really shine and impress them. If you've made it through the 3000 resumes and now the 60+ candidates, then you should really feel proud to make it to round 2.

This was the second interview of the day and it lasted maybe 20-30 minutes. You are asked about what hours that you are willing to work - i.e. Mon-Fri, Tue-Sat, Sun-Thur, etc. You are also asked about your salary requirements. I stated anything over 15/hr fits my budget, and was informed that customer service starts at 17/hr. “Perfect!”

After this interview, which I also passed, I was asked what my day's plans were looking like and if I could stay for a job shadow opportunity to get to know what the process is and see if it's something I could handle. I agreed and spent about 30 minutes with an actual customer service rep. I listened in on calls and asked questions about the process.

They came and got me and asked if I could do it, and that they would be in touch. I would say that I spent about 4 hours at Uline during the interview and job shadowing process.

Interview Questions
    • How would your supervisors at XYZ company describe you?   View Answers (4)
    • What did you like least about your previous employer?   View Answer