Uline

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

IT Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Uline in May 2012.

After spending hours together on the Sales test (NOT needed at all for this job), personality test and many more tests, was invited for the in-person interview with the recruiter....Has to take couple tests before the interview with the recruiter at their corporate..the questions were simple such as :

what would yoru CEO say about you ?
Do you like working in a structures / non structures environment
why are you leaving your current job....

I thought I did really well...having been a hiring manager myself for many years and relavant procurement experience for over 10 years.
The recruiter said that she was gonna get back to me in a week after consulting the hiring manager. Received an email after a week that a better candidate was picked....(not expecting anything else having read the umpteen reviews here)...to see the job posted again the very next day.
Here was a couple questions that I asked the recruiter that dint have very good explainations:
1. why did the job demand "lifting a 70lbs weight" for an IT manager.
2. The job location was listed as lake forest....they dont have a lake forest location.....its another city at the IL/WI border....
for a company that boasts of such detailed hiring technique...should may be a lil more attentive on writing job details.
did i mention that walking in their office was like walking in a strict british school hallway (reminded me of my school days).....everyone in shirt n tie n ladies in suits......
would have never taken the job there for sure given the wrong info for the location....
Pretty frustrating experience ...very well knowing that the recruiters have little knowledge to analyse someone's relavant IT / technical experience to make a decision for the next step..... not to mention that the recruiter could answer no question of mine in reference to the challenges in the department / anything in relavant to job function.
Unless you are desperate for a job- Dont waste your time here !!!!!

Interview Questions
  • what would your CEO say about you ?   Answer Question
  • Do you like working in a structured / non structured environment...   View Answer