Uline Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2014
Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.6

Warehouse Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Uline.

Long online process if applied online. It took over 2 days for me to complete with school work going on. The interview was okay. Didn't take too long at all.

Supervisor Interview

Interviews were spaced out numerous weeks apart and the requirements for filling out forms was ludicrous and not even relevant in most circumstances. The staff asked me how I was doing and then considered the interview over. I had to schedule a day off for a literal waste of time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Met them at a career fair at my university. Was contacted within 48 hours to set up a phone interview for the next week. Basic questions, nothing difficult. Was then asked to set up a video conference interview two weeks later. Was not very difficult, she only asked me three or four questions--I actually had more questions for her. Still waiting to hear a reply after the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Strengths/Weaknesses, What did I learn from previous jobs   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

This was a phone interview (which are tricky as is), but they were vague, only went over things on my resume. I feel there could have been more personal questions about my experiences. The questions could have been answered by looking at my resume and when I went into extreme detail there was little to no feedback.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uline in October 2014.

Received a response the following day after submitting my online application. Returned their call and had my interview the following week. Location was beautiful. All of their employees seemed helpful, happy, and pleasant. Started out by taking two tests followed by a 1 on 1 interview that asked pretty standard questions. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly they didn't ask anything other than standard questions. Most of the questions seemed to focus on the applicant to see if you would be a good fit. Traditional things like "3 strengths" and "3 weaknesses" etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Uline.

Standard Interview, with exception of taking two mini tests at the beginning of the actual interview (as other have mentioned). A few supplemental tests/forms to fill out before interview date, but nothing difficult.

Warehouse Management Trainee Interview

Uline constantly has positions open but doesn't hire anyone.
    After applying you will receive a phone call the same or next day for an interview. They will send you four test: a personality test, 50 sales related questions, summarize a paragraph and another test. On interview day they will ask you to take two tests; number matching and pattern predicting. After that you will get interviewed. During that same week they will send you a letter saying "We found your qualifications to be impressive. However, at this time we have decided to pursue other candidates whose experience and background more closely match the requirements for the position. "
    Beware

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Uline in September 2014.

applied online and was called the next day to set up interview. took two timed tests and then was interviewed. asked me a few questions and then said would call back if interested for second interview. waiting on that call.

Purchasing Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Uline.

Uline has a distinct culture that should be understood before deciding to invest the time to interview with them.

Good: They focus on the customer, nice corporate office, and work life balance

Bad: The owner appears to have tight control (e.g. dictates the lights they use in the warehouse), very slow / resistant to change, and old school suit and tie culture.

The multiple pre-interview tests will take 4-6 hours to complete (which they send in batches to not overwhelm the candidate).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary.

"Walk me through your resume."
        Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Pr, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Pr, WI

Had to take a few tests prior to interview. These took a little bit of time, so make sure you have an uninterrupted hour+. There was a personality test, writing test and 1 or 2 other tests.

The one that stood out most was a personality test administered by a third party website. These are those UN-scientific test that a friend or family member sends to you for a joke or for fun. I've never seen this test or similar test given for a position. Worse part of this test (for me) was the result. Only you know yourself the best. The result given were far from who I am.

For 2 separate tests, you had to copy & paste results into a MS Word document and MS Excel document.
    [Pro] Shows if you can follow directions
    [Con] Shows Uline is outdated as mentioned in many other postings

Interview went well. Person that gave me my interview was friendly and professional. Usual questions, strengths, weaknesses, tell me about yourself are to be expected.

Worse part was I found out that they are not even hiring for the position I interviewed for. This is my biggest complaint. Why waste my time and make me drive all the way out there? HR doesn't mind. They have a job and are getting paid to interview.

Interview Questions
    • For my interview, there were not any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question