Uline Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uline (Coppell, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for an out of state position, to my surprise I was contacted the afternoon following when I submitted my resume, and was told that because I live out of state it should be no issue and I was given a phone interview. Before my interview, they emailed me a set of four different assessments to take. A writing question, sales questions (which made no sense as I was applying for a distribution center), personality test and general application question portion. When I was called, it felt very impersonal, just firing off questions with no follow ups. No questions about ME, mostly just about my past work experience. I wish I would've had a better experience here, as I feel this is what hurt my chances the most.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone contact, 4 online assessments, 2 In house assessments, Interview with HR. Very professional and friendly HR staff. Although I didn't advance in the interview process, I was extremely impressed with the Company and culture they seemed to foster. Highly recommend trying to work there. You can learn from their communication assessment and methodologies as well. I will just say one of the best HR departments I have run into.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were good. However, I was not able to convey how my skillset would fit the position. Reflecting on the interview afterwards, the fault was my own.   Answer Question

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone from HR who looked about 21 years old. He had no idea what an attorney even does. This was partly my fault - I should have made sure I was going to be interviewed by someone with substantive knowledge of the position before I committed to the interview and all the ridiculous tests (including maths, numbers matching, Jungian personality typology, and sales technique). The interviewer did tell me there was only one attorney (a man) at Corporate HQ. I don't know if that was true - it seemed far-fetched, considering the sheer size of Uline. Owners donate money to socially conservative causes and presumably are seeking employees who are like-minded. Uline has recently been sued for sexual harassment in the Northern District of Illinois by several employees, and lost a USERRA case in California because it laid off an employee after he returned from the Army reserves. (Doh! Apparently the conservative causes do not encompass supporting our troops!) Whoever takes this job better know something about employment law.

Data Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Uline in July 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application on line and received a phone call a few hours later. Agreed to an interview. Day of interview: got to the company 30 min early to fill out 2 more assessments (That's a total of 6 assessments). One assessment was number sequence and the other was same or different number assessment each 4 min long. Not enough time for the first one in my opinion. Waited 5 min for the interview. Interview was about 10-15 min long. I was told by the recruiter that they go over the application, assessments and interview with management. If they get the okay by management they will contact me for a second interview. I haven't heard anything, but I know a few who were contacted immediately or the next day for the second interview. This in my opinion, was the most stressful interview I have been to.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about the last job you held 2. Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs. 3. Your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Four on line assessments, on line application, hand written application, and 2 pre interview assessments in a group setting precede a face to face interview. Everybody very friendly, courteous and professional. Communication was clear that the right fit was preferred over a quick fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you co workers describe you? How would your customers describe you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The five minute interview was conducted by as HR assistant. She asked questions about my previous job. She talked about the cultute of working for the family owned company. Overall the questions were not difficult to answer. I was asked to take two test. Both tests dealt with numbers. I was given four minutes to complete each test. After two minutes the numbers set started to look the same to me.

Warehouse Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Uline in July 2015.

Interview

There is just something OFF about this company. They post these easy jobs with very high rates of pay. When they call you after you apply (usually the day of)...they make you take these tests that a 3rd grade could pass. And their interviews are group interviews with a bunch of people who applied for the same (nonexistent) job. People who would be driving forklifts are in the same group as people there for a manager position. Lol pathetic They NEVER hire anyone for these positions. I am sure there are no open positions...yet they're posted all the time all over the web. I believe they are scamming people for their information or something.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uline (Waukegan, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The process started with numbers testing in a conference room with several other applicants. There were 2 separate tests to show how well we could work with numbers. First was to match 2 columns of numbers to see if they matched one another. If so, put a check in the box to the right. If not, leave blank. The second was to insert the following two numbers in the sequence. This was a bit more difficult because you had to figure out the sequence, then enter the next two numbers in the sequence. After the testing process, we were left alone for about 5 minutes and then we were called for our individual interview with another person in another room.

Interview Questions

• She asked about my experience.   1 Answer
    • What would your previous supervisor say about you?   1 Answer

Warehouse Lead/Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Breinigsville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Breinigsville, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

The day of the interview started with two timed basic numbers tests. Both tests were 4 minutes. The interview was conducted while touring the warehouse. She explained the training that would be received and some basic responsibilities of the job. The questions were very basic. She asked me the strength and weakness questions and why I wanted to work there. The interviewer was very nice and the interview seemed almost informal.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Uline.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Did some personality tests prior to the actual one on one interview. I guess they wanted to see what type of person you are. Had to do some timed pattern assignments to see how you are with numbers once you are at Uline doing the interview.