Uline Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Uline.

Interview

They called me in under 12 hours of applying for the job online. They have an initial phone screen then email you several assessments; writing, typing, and sales to do before you get a phone interview. After the phone interview you schedule an on site interview and they email you nearly 4 hours of forms to fill out and assessments to take: Excel, Access, Word, Typing, and Writing. You arrive at the interview and do 2 more 1 minute number puzzles. After that you sit with someone in collections for a bit then have the interview. They don't tell you until you show up that the job starts in collections for a year before you may have the chance to get the job you actually applied for. I cant believe I wasted my time on this place. You guys owe me $200 for the time wasted with you.

General Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Uline.

Interview

Math test. Awkward interview. Tons of personal questions phrased in way that make them legal. Was told point blank if I were to be hired that my opinion doesn't matter, it's ran one way and that's the way it is.

Interview Questions

• Why I'd be a good fit for Uline   2 Answers
    • Why I was leaving my current job.   2 Answers

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I received an email rejection letter from the company after I applied online. A few days later I received a call to interview in person with HR, they said the rejection letter was sent by error. First red flag. Before the in person interview you are required to complete four assessment tests online. When I arrived for the interview I had to take two more timed assessment tests. The interview with HR was very standard. They did inform me they have a strict dress code, skirts, dresses and hose for women. Are you kidding me? This isn't 1950. Very old school mentality.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Uline (Auburn, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Group math test and they try to trick you to see if you are listening. Then individual short interview. Interviewer was nice and told me I would hear from them in a couple of days if I was selected for another interview. I was emailed the next day. They said my qualifications were impressive and I had good credentials but they were going to pursue other candidates ???

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1 to 10 how do you rate your work attendence   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a bit drawn out. Had to complete 4 assessments online and send in before the actual face to face interview. Then when on-site, had to complete two timed numbers tests, then finally meet with interviewer. Face to face was pretty short time frame, interviewer didn't seem all that interested in being there. Overall was not very impressed with the process. When the talent scout originally called to set up the interview, I asked her which area this current position was in. She gave me a pretty vague, round about answer which made me believe they were just interviewing to interview, not really looking to fill an open position.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: What do you like about your current job, what don't you like, why are you looking to leave, what compensation are you looking for, how long have you been looking for a job.   Answer Question

Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Uline (Kenosha, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was typical and was tested same day as initial interview, expect timed tests math and office application testing, etc. It is recommended to wear a dress if female. I noticed all females were wearing a dress/skirt. After asking about this I was told it is "preferred" dress code. Not sure what is accomplished with this policy, may even be detrimental to the female work force. The HR rep asked typical questions. After interviewing with HR, the hiring manager was available and another interview ensued. Beware as this hiring manager used "consultant-ese" terminology that I wasn't prepared for.

Sales Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Uline (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Series of two interviews with a very extensive screening between the first and second interview. The screening included a Myers-Briggs test, a writing summation, a second sales personality profile exam, and a choose a scenario test. A common theme was that they told me how well the comp was for employees but would not share any kind of a range. ***I will say the recruiter told me I WOULD MAKE LESS based on my geography, even though I would have to work longer hours with more travel and accounts spread far apart. She was quite curt about sharing that info and it really felt like a power play which is odd for a screening.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uline in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email with some personality tests and a writing test. Was scheduled for a phone interview. It took a while to scheudle a phone interview. I had to call the HR department, which prompted scheduling of the phone interview. The two HR individuals I spoke to were both very nice and professional. I asked when they would be filling the position and there was no definate time frame. She indicated that most of the positions are new as a result of their 25% annual growth.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

While I didn't have as negative experience as many of the other submissions, the assessments I was asked to take prior to the interview took approximately 4 hours and didn't correlate to the job I applied for. I was asked to do a Sales assessment although I was interviewing for Warehouse positions.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in other roles within the Warehouse?   Answer Question

Wharehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Uline (Ontario, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Hard. You have to take 4 assessments before the interview. Once you get there you take another two timed assessments. I believe 4 minutes each. They called me back really quick like the day after I applied.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is the hardest thing about working retail? Why are you leaving your current job? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question