Uline

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uline.

I am SO GLAD that I read all of the information on glass door. Like others said, the interview process is very extensive. My interview was for 8:30, and I showed up around 8:25. There were about 50 or so people waiting, and I was informed that they conduct these job fairs every Friday. They interview for all positions during these fairs, so there were people from the warehouse, customer service, etc.

They first began by giving a numbers matching and number pattern test. They then called people up to interview. I'm not sure if it was random, or if they were trying to weed people out. I got called early on and interviewed with a rep. We went into a large space with several tables where everyone was interviewing. I couldn't hear anyone else. She asked me basic questions about my experience. I know that I did well because she told me I was going to the next round. If I didn't, I would have been escorted to the reception area. When I got back to the waiting room, it was pretty empty, so I'm guessing that they weed people out fairly quickly.

I then took a computerized spelling and typing test before interviewing with another rep. Again, there were even fewer people around for this. She asked me more in-depth questions, but nothing difficult. Be sure to ask questions about the company! She then told me that they were setting me up to shadow a rep and interview with another HR person. I interviewed with her, and then went into the call center. It was clean and pretty quiet. After I shadowed with her, I then had another interview with the Branch Manager. This was very simple. I answered basic questions and for the most part just chatted.

I then met with the HR manager, who told me that my potential start date would be in a few weeks. Of the 50 people who showed up, only 3 made it to be interviewed by the Branch Manager. As long as you are articulate, mention that you are organized and detail oriented, you should be fine.

Also, WEAR A SUIT!!!! I knew from reading here that the dress code is intense. This is very true. A suit will make you stand out, and as a woman it is an absolute MUST. I cannot stress how important it is to wear a suit. So many people in my interview were wearing jeans, or even a nice blouse. All of these people left after the first round. Appearance here is important.

UPDATE - After this interview process, I was contacted to complete four more assessments - personality tests and writing tests. Both were very simple. I had to send back the results. I was then informed that I passed this stage, and they asked me for references and information for a background check.

Interview Questions
    There is absolutely no negotiation

Product Manager Interview

The process includes a phone interview followed by a series of tests that must be taken on site. The questions serve to show not who would do a good or better than good job, but who can identify the letter missing in a series of words or who can punctuate the email correctly. It's work akin to a personal assistant review, not a management role

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that were specifically difficult. The process was just absurd.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Uline.

Got a call next day after applying for the position. Had a group interview the following week. We took two wonderlic tests, and then were called individually to interview with an HR employee. Interview was very standard Everyone interviewed with a different person, so I'm not sure what the process was to determine who moved on to the second round of interviews. Received a call the next day to set up a one-on-one interview for the next week. They sent four tests, three of which were standard personality type tests, with a longer sales inventory test. At the second interview, was asked to complete a spelling and typing test, for a total of eight tests throughout the process. The second interview was with a department manager, and was fairly informal and just as straightforward as the first interview. Was told I would be contacted in 5-10 days.
    Some complain about the number of tests, and while eight might be a bit excessive, wonderlic tests and the like are in vogue and the tests are not exactly difficult and with the exception of the sales inventory they are not time consuming at all. Overall, the interview process was perhaps a little drawn out considering it was not intensive and was very standard, it was not as egregious as others have made it out to be.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Uline in August 2014.

Nothing but a cattle call. Very impersonal. Take 2 math tests, have a interview for approx 3 - 5 minutes. Than they tell you they will contact you if interested.

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Uline.

You will have to take multiple assessments throughout the interviewing process. They take the results very seriously. Your first interview will be with an HR recruiter. Mine was a very nice gentleman. This interview is nothing out of the ordinary. He will ask about job experience, your resume, strengths/weaknesses, and other things of that nature. Lasted about 45 minutes including wait time and timed evaluations at the office.

If you make it past the first round interview you will be meeting with 4 current employees of the company. I was scheduled to interview with a marketing coordinator, 2 product managers, and a merchandising manager. At the end of talking to the last interviewer he asked if I could speak with a senior product manager. I said I could, so that left me talking with 5 people. The first round of interviews consisted of two ladies (product manager & marketing coordinator). They asked normal questions, but were more in-depth than the first interview. The same followed for the next three men I talked to. It was basically the same talking points with 5 different people. Nothing was too out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • 2nd Interview: What is the difference between a privately held and publicly held company?   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Uline.

I received a phone call a few hours after applying. I was scheduled for an interview two days later. Interview lasted no more than 5 minutes. (If you are latino/a you have a slim chance of getting hired) Very unprofessional company.

Customer Service Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uline in August 2014.

I started the interview process with a group of 10 other applicants. We were given two short wonderlic tests, and after that each applicant was called in for a one on one interview. If you passed the first interview round, you were led to a computer area where you were tested on your typing and spelling skills. After that, each applicant was called in for an interview with a manager. The entire process took close to two hours. They informed me that they would call or email me within 5 to 7 days to let me know of their decision.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uline in August 2014.

The interview process consisted of two math test. Fairly easy. You have 4 minutes to complete each test. once the 4 minutes are up, interviewers will call your name for the face to face interview. My interview went well and I was very well qualified but unfortunately, i believe this company may be prejudice and discriminate towards women. For the warehouse associate position at least.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied online and they called me to set up an interview 2 days later. Went into interview and did 2 number tests. Then interviewed with a recruiter for no more than 20 minutes. Very basic questions.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Uline.

Very Interesting Interview. I've never had to take those timed tests prior to the interview. This showed that it is an extremely fast paced job and that they like to make that known. I wish they would just slow down a bit and realize quality over quantity.

Interview Questions
    • What is one thing you are bad at. I always feel obliged to say nothing   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation