Uline Interview Questions

2.6

Warehouse Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auburn, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Uline in June 2014.

I applied online and was called the next day for interview. It was very basic interview. I was not expecting questions to be so basic and were not related to the job itself at all. I was asked which class was my favorite and which wasn't. I just thought to myself is this suppose to be related to the job??

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Uline in May 2014.

they have several tests before they conduct the interview. These are IQ test such as guessing what the next number will be following after some patterned number. Then they asked several general questions such as: tell me about yourself, what is your weakness and strength.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Uline.

Uline has "open interviews" where you come with your application and resume and receive a 10 minute conversation with someone. The situation is awkward at best, especially if you are over 35. There appears to be a certain phrase or set of words they are looking for you to recite, especially if you do not have exact product experience. This is the experience even if you are applying to an actual opening.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions asked was " Do you think you would be able to handle selling actual products instead of abstract products?   Answer Question

Warehouse Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kenosha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Uline in June 2014.

I had one interview with the company which was a mass interview of almost 40 people people if not more in their warehouse in Kenosha. We all sat down and did numbers testing. We were then called into interviews one by one with various Uline employees a round 8 of them. these people seemed like those coming out of the program. At this point I knew I already did not have the job. There were two older men, older than the rest of the interviewers who stood around and flipped through test results and resumes. I could only assume that they were higher up HR personnel. I was about half way in the group for interviews so I watched other peoples interviews. The reason I knew I was not a candidate was these two men only interviewed 2 people by the time my name was called. They hand picked who they thought was qualified in front of the rest of us. I don't know if I was the only one who noticed. This was very rude in my opinion and could have been handled more tactfully.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Uline in July 2014.

Submitted application online. Was called for and interview set up time a couple weeks out. Was sent personality test, writing skills test and one other test to do online in the mean time. Went for interview was on time and well dressed. I was given two numbers test. There were two of us taking the numbers test together. I noticed a man taking a typing and spelling test after his interview. I went back to waiting area. I was called for my 1:1 interview by a young woman who made poor eye contact with me after her initial look of disapproval. I am assuming the disapproving look was due to my age and weight as I was dressed nicely. We went back to a tiny office with two chairs and I was told to select either seat. I sat down she looked at my midsection I covered it with my jacket ( I guess they don't like any overweight or older people). She asked me basic questions and took notes the interview was quiet short. I had a couple questions. She said well that's it we review applications and the end of the week we will let you know in a couple weeks. I thought to myself hmmmm no typing or spelling test for me that would be a waste of time huh? I called back and the HR person confirmed my thoughts.......if they had liked me during the interview I would have taken the next set of test which were typing and spelling. All the questions they asked during the interview could have been done over the phone. I guess they just wanted to take a look at me. I have a degree and more than 15 years customer service experience. The interviewed did tell me about the strict dress code for women which is a odd but doable. The front desk people and the office environment were nice. I picked up on that micro expression of disapproval upon first glance at me. Do your best they seem to be really really into appearance hence the dress code. I am what I am I do a good job and it is there loss if they can't see past my not so perfect and older figure.

Interview Questions
    • Why aren't you pursuing a job for which you have a degree. Even though I have not worked in that field for 18 years duh!   View Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Uline in April 2010.

easy numbers test. just asked a bunch of simple questions about your past work history and what makes you the person you are. The worst part is the lies they tell you about the overtime being minimal. Also was told I could work my way up to management but realized they play extreme favoritism.

they just gave it to you and wouldn't budge

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Uline in December 2013.

Applied online via Uline website, and received a call about two days after. Went to the headquarters in Wisconsin about 2 weeks later for an on site interview. When getting there took two quick matching/pattern tests before my interview. Afterwards stayed to take 3 different Microsoft Office proficiency tests that tested basic skills on Access, Excel, and Word

Interview Questions
    • Nothing to difficult - Mostly behavioral questions ( What classes have you taken in the current field? Relevant work experience, strengths and weaknesses...)   Answer Question

Customer Service Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hudson, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hudson, WI

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Uline in June 2014.

Job Fair was posted online at the Hudson, Wisconsin location for 06/05/2014 from 5-7pm. Arrived at 5:15pm and was directed to a parking space by individuals with flags (like what occurs at an event parking - e.g. concerts). This is am early indication that there may be a good number of people attending the job fair. Upon entering the warehouse (which is the cleanest warehouse I have EVER seen) you approach a table. If you don't have a completed application (which is available online) you're directed to a group of tables to complete an application. If you have a completed application (or have just completed one), a representative at the table quickly reviews it for completeness and then signs the "witness" portion on the last page. You're then given back the completed application and directed to a seating area. From the seating area, you (and a group of other people) are directed to a row of tables. Once everyone is seated, representatives administer 2 timed (4 minutes each) tests. One test has you identify like numbers - e.g. 1284 - 1248 (does not match), 8589 - 8589 (match), and 9232 - 9332) (does not match). The other test measures your ability to recognize number sequences - e.g. 2,4,6,8,10...what are the next two numbers? Answer: 12, 14

After the tests, your test sheets and application/resume are gathered and you're directed to another seating area. (Note: All these table/seating areas are in the actual warehouse....separated by security tape...next to each other) In front of this seating area multiple 2-chair groupings.....2 chairs facing each other with about 10 feet between each grouping. When called from the seating area by a representative, they take you to one of the grouping...you sit down facing the representative...and the interview begins. After the interview ends, they thank you for coming and direct you to the exit.

OBSERVATIONS:
    1) As noted in other reviews, I saw no minorities or what appeared to be anyone over the age of 45 during the interview process.
    2) Privacy was almost non-existent. While waiting to be called for the interview portion of the process, you could hear the interview conversations occurring in the seating pods closest to the seating area.
    3) There was a constant flow of people going through the multi-step process during the time I was there.
    4) The warehouse was clean to the point of concern. I've been called a neat freak...but the cleanliness of the warehouse - e.g. ALL the box inventory on the warehouse racks were shrink wrapped - borders on some type of compulsive/cleanliness disorder.
    5) The length of the interviews varied. I observed some that lasted 20 minutes and others that ended in 5 minutes. My interview lasted about 10 minutes and consisted of 3 questions: Tell me about you work experience? Why do you want to work for Uline? Do you have any questions? Very simple and superficial questions. It seemed to me that the interviewer (who stated she was a Lead Representative at the call center) lacked interviewing experience and thus the reason for the simple, direct questions. (Note: As I was applying for the Customer Service Management Trainee position, I couldn't help but wonder to myself why the company had posted the position; as most companies like to hire from within - e.g. Lead Representatives. While an outside perspective is valuable at times, good management will generally focus on developing people within their organization for promotion.)
    6) I have lived in Minnesota for 10 years and have seen Uline posting jobs (warehouse, management, call representative and administrative) consistently during those 10 years - even during the Great Recession following 2008. I've always wondered why they are constantly posting job vacancies - especially given the associated pay scales for the positions. As a veteran employee of both a call center and warehouse distribution environment, I understand that the industries experience high turnover....but that much turnover? And can a company grow that much...so consistently....over 10 years?

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Uline.

I had 2 interviews. The first one with and HR rep. 4 weeks later I had a second interview with the person who would've been my supervisor. I never heard back after that interview. I think when a company can't even let you know the position has been filled is VERY poor practice.

Interview Questions
    • Talking about the whole dress code experience - women must wear dresses or skirts with panythose.   Answer Question

New Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Uline in June 2014.

Uline emailed me immediately that they had other more qualified candidates, then called me for an interview. They emailed multiple "assessments" and then had me take a couple more then I arrived for the interview. Everyone there was professional in their manner. I had an interview with HR and another with the manager. They spent a lot of time with me, and the HR area was FULL of people applying for various positions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress in your personal life?   View Answer