Uline Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.7

Warehouse Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Uline (Eau Claire, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

First was asked basic questions about my employment & educational background. Took about 15 - 20 minutes; I then was given a number sequencing/matching test with a 4 minute time limit for each test.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Uline.

Interview

I signed in and was then asked to wait in the waiting room with several other applicants. They then took us into a meeting room and we took two Wonderlic tests, one was a number sequence test, like which comes next 2, 4, 6, 8, 10....and you would put the next two numbers. The other test was a matchint test asking if two numbers were the same. Each test you get 4 minutes. After the tests were over we were sent back into the waiting room and then called individually for a 1:1 interview. That part took anywhere from 5-15 minutes. They said they would be in contact in the next few days to say if they wanted me to come back for a second interview. I recommend wearing business (professional) attire. A pants suit or a skirt suit would be best.

Corporate/Training Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI).

Interview

The recruiter was pleasant enough and the building is beautiful. However, the amount of psychological intelligence testing was more than any *normal* company. Testing a seasoned and accomplished professional in areas that have no direct correlation to the job, is a bit strange. It's insulting, actually. After my experience, I can understand why the same postings have been in circulation for a year. Either a lot of people are flunking the typing tests or there is such a high rate of turn-over, which is a sign of greater cultural problems. This is a huge red flag!

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions to gain work history and how it aligns to the current role. Are you qualified with your experience to be a strong candidate?   1 Answer
    • Standard: Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Behavioral Questions. Describe a time when you had to do X (job task). How did you approach it? When faced with conflict, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Uline.

Interview

The interview process dealt with a lot of pointless IQ tests. I did the tests and went in for the interview where the recruiter (who didn't seem enthusiastic at all) interviewed me with 2 more tests. I thought the process was unprofessional for someone who received a 4-year degree from a university.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can personally grow in this position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Uline (Racine, WI).

Interview

The process is a joke with all the testing and writing exercises they want you to take before they meet you. If you are an older person, don't waste your time. Uline will not hire you.

Warehouse Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Uline (Buford, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was definitely one of the most thorough I have ever experienced. I was contacted the morning after I applied and set a time for the interview the following week. Prior to the interview you are required to fill out multiple tests and forms, none of which are difficult. The interview process takes place in the form of a group interview consisting of another 2 additional tests followed by 1 on 1 interviews with HR. My first interview went well and was asked to wait around for 15 min afterwards for a second interview with two of the warehouse managers. The second interview was the more key interview of the two and was very direct and straightforward. Afterwards I was offered a tour of their facility and discussed the program further during the tour. After the tour I was told I would be contacted later in the week regarding the interview process and was contacted again by HR only a day or two after, at which point I was scheduled for a third interview with the distribution manager for the facility and given an additional two tests to fill out and return. The third interview went well (it was an opportunity for the distribution manager to meet the WMT candidates face to face in order to make his final decision on hiring) and I heard back from HR about a week later with an offer for the position. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions are pretty straightforward and basic: what do you know about the company, why do you want to work here, what qualities do you possess that make you a qualified candidate, and so on.   Answer Question

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Uline (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview that lasted five minutes. The interviewer put me at ease and was able to relate to my answers. It was very informal and I am now waiting for an update for a possible second interview. Knowing about the company's background, before the interview was very helpful. Reviewing the salary for a particular job is also helpful. Taking my time to slow down and answer the questions, helped to ease the nervousness, even though it was a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How many times have you been tardy?   1 Answer

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Uline (Waukegan, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Be prepared to do your homework, get the advanced work completed in a timely fashion. Read the instructions! Writing test, personality test (myers-briggs) etc. Once you go through this screening process they may invite you to an interview. Offices very very nice / professional. Had to do math problem quiz, couple different timed tests" and then you wait for the actual interview. They are quick to respond - you are in or you are out. Not sure what the correct answers / what they are really looking for.

Interview Questions

• Standard....why do you want to work at Uline? what is your experience, tell me about yourself, etc   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Uline (Buford, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed.com and received a call back a few weeks later. The Human Resources representative scheduled a phone interview for the following week that went well and I was told at the end of the phone call that they would like to schedule an in person interview on-site in Buford, GA. There were two number assessments that were fairly easy, pattern recognition and marking matching or mismatching number sets. They also had me sit for about 10-15 minutes with a Customer Service Representative and listen to her take calls. If I were to ever work a call center, this would be one of the places I would choose. The space was clean and the callers were friendly (most of their clientele are business owners). The interview itself didn't go as well as I had hoped. I was a panel interview of three people. Two of them were very nice but didn't not speak as often as the third woman. While I don't have a problem explaining myself further or elaborating, her questions came off as very confrontational. Overall, however, it was a positive experience and the pay ($18/hour, full time) was decent. Benefits package is great and the bonuses and PTO they offer are competitive. The only reason I didn't take the offer is because I have higher salaried options on the table.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uline (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

They make you take so many personality test. It was ridiculous and then they do not even bother telling you if you got or didn't get the job. as to what exactly they are looking for must be a mystery for I had all the experience plus education they were looking for.