Uline

Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Uline.

You will have to take multiple assessments throughout the interviewing process. They take the results very seriously. Your first interview will be with an HR recruiter. Mine was a very nice gentleman. This interview is nothing out of the ordinary. He will ask about job experience, your resume, strengths/weaknesses, and other things of that nature. Lasted about 45 minutes including wait time and timed evaluations at the office.

If you make it past the first round interview you will be meeting with 4 current employees of the company. I was scheduled to interview with a marketing coordinator, 2 product managers, and a merchandising manager. At the end of talking to the last interviewer he asked if I could speak with a senior product manager. I said I could, so that left me talking with 5 people. The first round of interviews consisted of two ladies (product manager & marketing coordinator). They asked normal questions, but were more in-depth than the first interview. The same followed for the next three men I talked to. It was basically the same talking points with 5 different people. Nothing was too out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
  • 2nd Interview: What is the difference between a privately held and publicly held company?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Uline

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uline.

The Hiring process was similar to what others have mentioned on this site. Lot of tests.
    I had three interviews onsite with Directors and product managers. The interviews went good, typical behavioral questions and detailed info on your background and work experience.
    There was nothing negative about the interview process, just that they do a lot of interviews and the director made a comment that getting into Uline is tougher than getting into Harvard, not because of analytical ability but because they require a typical personality for each role, and if you are not that type they will not consider you. So though i was given a feedback that i had good analytical skills for the job but probably did not match on their requirements for personality fit.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too tough, usual behavioral questions. Just be confident and prepare your background well enough.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uline in January 2014.

Once you send in your resume and if you are selected for an interview, you are given a Writing test and Personality test. Once these are completed you are to send results back to company.

When you go to your scheduled interviewed, you are than put into a room and given 2 more timed tests which include math questions.

After you take the above tests, you are then assigned a corporate recruiter who will screen you and decide if you are to move forward to the hiring manager.

The recruiting I was selected to go with had been with the company for over 5 years and she still could not answer general questions about the role other than those that were posted in the job description which was very frustrating and disappointing.

I basically drove from out of state to be screened by an individual who could not answer my questions other than what the company culture is like (which I could have found out online). She was not excited and lacked personality.

After this interview, I didn't want to go back for another. They seemed unorganized and I felt as if they didn't really read into candidates profile's well enough to see if they would be a good fit for the position applied.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty generic ones you would expect in an interview: What is your strength? What is your weakness? What can you bring to the company? What kind of company culture are you looking for?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Uline.

After applying, I was called within the week and asked to come in for an on site interview. This wasn't a shock because it appears they do this for everyone who applies. I was told before the interview to dress in my very best clothes and thank goodness I did because everyone was dressed to impress. While onsite, I had to do 2 assessment tests. Both were very easy and didn't take long to complete.

During the interview with one of the female HR representatives though, things went south--Fast! This woman was incredibly rude to me. It was very hot in the room that we interviewed in and she wouldn't permit me to take off my suit coat. She also insulted me in every way possible. I decided that I shouldn't have to sit through someone calling me poor and incompetent so I left the interview early.

I was called back to come in for another interview because they said they liked that I stood up for myself and wouldn't let anyone push me around. I declined however because I don't think that is how people should be treated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Uline in January 2011.

I applied online and received an email asking me to fill out a whole bunch of forms, take some personality tests, and fill out some more forms. Nothing difficult, just really tedious. Once I got to the office for the interview, I had to take a test which involved matching numbers and another test that dealt with pattern recognition in numbers.

The interviewer was very polite and friendly, it was a general behavioral interview. She asked me about the job I'm currently at, why I applied to Uline, what things I liked about my job, what my current coworkers would say about me, and that was all I could remember.

A couple days later, I got an email saying they weren't interested.

In general, I think this is a great company to use as a "warm up" to get used to interviewing since they seem willing to interview darn near anyone that applies (I have zero background in marketing yet they still interviewed me for the position). So use it for what it's worth, haha.

Marketing Associate Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Uline in March 2011.

Not a very pleasant experience. They do not treat their potential candidates very well.

Applied to ULine through a campus career fair. The process started out with an easy 30 minute phone call. A week later I got invited to an on site interview.

The on site interview is when I recognized the company's flaws. They would not reimburse for travel and did not even offer lunch. The day consisted of 2 hours of testing on a computer then three 45 minute behavioral interviews. No tour of the office. Just in and out.

A few weeks later I got a call asking for me to come back for another on site interview. I was confused why I needed to go back again. Once again, they wouldn't reimburse for travel. I did not want to miss more class for a position I was not very interested in so I declined.