Uline Interview Questions in Pleasant Prairie, WI

2.8

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Internet Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Uline in March 2014.

I first interviewed with Uline at their headquarters in Pleasant Prairie, WI after taking several assessments sent to me via email. Once you get to the office, you are asked to take some numbers tests and a computer assessment. The first interview is primarily behavioral and you speak with a HR person. It was very much expected. In the second round of interviews I spoke with the people would be the immediate manager and his manager for this position. Here they went more in depth about the position and wanted to ensure that I was really interested in the position. In the end, I was not offered a position.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Uline.

The interviewing process is a bit tedious. You are invited in for the first interview; which is with an HR rep. Before the interview begins you take two numbers tests and you only have four minutes to complete each…really?? Afterwards, the interview begins. The questions you are asked are prescreening questions that should really be asked over the phone to avoid wasting the time of someone that is already employed. I should not have to take a half of day off my current job, travel to Uline and sit through a 10-20 minute prescreen.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of management style would I prefer?   View Answer

Customer Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Uline.

I applied for the position on the Internet and received a call the next day for an interview. The interview was a week later. I had to do two "numbers tests" first. I met with a recruiter and she did a very basic interview. She reviewed my resume and asked me a couple of simple questions, such as tell me about your last job. I then had to do 3 tests for Microsoft office, one Word, one excel, and one access. Each test I was given 45 minutes to complete. I was given a call about a week later for a second interview. I had to do a spelling test (which although timed was only about 16 words--- I made a mistake and thought it was like the numbers test, so I went through it very quickly), and a typing accuracy test. Then I met with 3 people for the interview. They basically explained job and company.

Office Position (Not Warehouse Or Customer Service) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I got a call for an in person interview. As others have said, you get an email with the application and other assessments to complete prior to the in person interview. Yes, it takes time and you might not see the point to it. But if you want the chance for a job at Uline, just get them done and send them in. If you don't want to do them, find a job somewhere else.

I was told to arrive 15 minutes early for a couple more timed assessments (one was a number pattern recognition test and the other was checking whether or not a pair of numbers matched (as an example, 12344 _ 12343)). I arrive for the interview, check in at the main receptionist desk, get a visitor badge, and am told to go down the hallway to the right to check in at the HR receptionist desk. There is a seperate lobby where I found one other person waiting. I assume they do several interviews throughout the day. I was then taken into the testing room and given the assessments. After that, back out to the lobby. A short while later the recruiter came out and we went into one of three interview rooms just off the lobby area.

To all those who are confused, almost every large company I know of has HR or Recruiters do the intial interview. This should not be a surprise. They will not ask you detailed questions about your area of expertise. They do not care that you think you can do the job you applied for with your arms tied behind your back. They are gathering more information about your background and trying to assess if you will fit into the culture of the organization, the department, and with the hiring manager. Lots of folks on here seem to get upset that some "HR" person interviewed them and believe that "if only" they could talk shop with the hiring manager that then they could easily get the job. Hiring managers don't have time to talk to everyone, so get over yourself. Be upbeat, energetic, show that you are genuinely interested in the job and the Company. I digress.

After the Recruiter interview, I met with another manager. Some time later I was offered the job.

Yes, it is a family owned company and the company runs the way the owners want it to run. I'm not sure that is much different than any large company I have worked for, even publicly traded ones.

Yes, the dress is business professional (suits, ties, skirts, dresses, etc...). If you don't want to wear that stuff, find a job somewhere else.

The interview process was different than any I had been through, but I would say it was still a positive experience. I was treatly kindly and respectfully and felt that I was not rushed out the door.

Lastly, to comment on something else I have read in these reviews....I have had several interviews that I thought "went well". I have thought many times that there is no way I couldn't get a second interview. But then I get a rejection email. Just because the interviewer is nice and the conversation is pleasant doesn't mean you are the right person for the position. Keep a positive attitude and keep interviewing until you land the right job.

Senior Level IT Position! Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Uline.

Few day's ago i was refereed to by someone internal and was invited for "interview".

Very 70's like recruitment process and procedures. To the extent that it would most probably offend many young and old - it did offend me to the extent that I had to question (go-between lady) why are they still following these mediocre - middle ages application, interview and recruiting process? The answer was - this is how we do!

As others have detailed there are multiple tests as if you are judged to enter a public school.

Even if you applied online you will have to fill out bunch of paper forms including formal (paper) application form. That really got to me!

Before even I can talk to anyone about the Job (the job description was very generic), they were forcing me to fill out my salary and details of compensation etc. - really - NO!!!

Anyhow looks like they are running a HR Training institute - very set process for everyone; you are applying for a VP position or a janitor.

I guess this gives them sense of pride and strokes their ego. No wonder they don't want to go public - they would be sued.

After spending more time in the "Dentist like" lobby than talking to the "screener" HR person. I decided to call it a quit - had enough with the experience.

Not a place for seasoned capable 21st century talents.

Interview Questions
    • Totally unxpected recruiting process - never experienced this in my past 15 years of career - been to many interviews during past 15 years.   View Answers (3)

Company culture

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Uline in February 2014.

The interview process was kind of condiscending, you are asked questions out of a book, that had no relevance to actually writing code or solving a problem. Like I need to memorize book details, when I can just google it and get an answer in 30 secoinds. The interview was an all day process meet with a total of about 8 people. I had to interview through lunch, although we got to eat. I meet with three different managers and I asked all three of them the same question and got three different answers. Which means there is no communication among leadership. The pre-testing of sales skills did not make sense to me since I was not applying for sales. The environment is highly micromanaged and if you don't like it I got the sense you either quit or deal with it, it will never change. Work attire for a computer progroammer is suit and tie, uhh. Guess microsoft and goggle's laid back attire and relaxed approach are all wrong. It was a blessing in disguise I did not get an offer

Interview Questions

Environemnt was terrible and to restrictive

Warehouse Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Uline in February 2014.

Applied online and received a call for a phone interview a few days later. Was sent assessments, Jung Typology, a Writing test, Uline DiSC test and a "Sales Success Profile." From reading the reviews I expected all documents to be very professionally written, however the Sales Success Profile test had many typos, on one question they used "I" instead of "1" and there were many punctuation errors, very, very unprofessional.
    The phone interview was about 20 minutes and was just questions about my resume and a description of the job. From the interviewers questions and descriptions the program is 2 years long and at the end you get a position supervising 20-25 people. It sounds more like a program to train high school graduates to be managers, not college educated people, and from the sounds of things they have very high turnover. Also I got the feeling from the rush of the interviewer he must interview lots of people for the position, but with only 10 currently in the program they either just interview to justify the HR department's existence or the turnover rate must be quite high.
    Within hours I received a very impersonal mass rejection email, which was unexpected due to the previous communications I received. Left me with a very bad taste in my mouth, I do not think that I will reapply with Uline in the future.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Uline in January 2014.

Once you send in your resume and if you are selected for an interview, you are given a Writing test and Personality test. Once these are completed you are to send results back to company.

When you go to your scheduled interviewed, you are than put into a room and given 2 more timed tests which include math questions.

After you take the above tests, you are then assigned a corporate recruiter who will screen you and decide if you are to move forward to the hiring manager.

The recruiting I was selected to go with had been with the company for over 5 years and she still could not answer general questions about the role other than those that were posted in the job description which was very frustrating and disappointing.

I basically drove from out of state to be screened by an individual who could not answer my questions other than what the company culture is like (which I could have found out online). She was not excited and lacked personality.

After this interview, I didn't want to go back for another. They seemed unorganized and I felt as if they didn't really read into candidates profile's well enough to see if they would be a good fit for the position applied.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty generic ones you would expect in an interview: What is your strength? What is your weakness? What can you bring to the company? What kind of company culture are you looking for?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Uline.

Initially applied through online and received a call within a few days asking to come to HQ for an interview. Before the interview filled about many personality tests and a sales test. Interview was very basic behavioral questions and everyone at the Corporate office was very friendly. At the end was asked to take another test on MS office products (word, access, and excel)

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral questions: What would a past employer/teacher say about you?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Uline in December 2013.

Went through several hoops, including an extensive phone screening and personality testing - In the end, I did not get a call back for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • You will have to take several tests prior to an onsite interview. These tests are made to be confusing with vague questions and subjective answers. For example, are you ambitious or determined? (How can this question have a "right" answer?)   Answer Question