Uline Interview Questions in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewer appeared disinterested in you as well as what he was doing. Run of the mill. Didn't ask any questions. Just had me do all the talking. My advise to anyone else out there is...don't waste your time on this and if you go for the interview it just for the experience of interviewing. It is pretty obvious when they have three rooms marked as "interview rooms" there is something going on at this place. Also, they won't hire you unless you have a degree. It doesn't matter what the degree is in but you must have a degree. Also, this place had all young people. There was no one observed over the age of 40.

Interview Questions

• I asked the HR person why Uline always has so many jobs posted and if this was due to expansion or high employee turnover. He never answered my question and advised they hired over 1,000 people last year and were expected to hire over 1,000 this year. He didn't advise if these were new positions or if they were replacements for those that had left. I suspect there for turnover positions. Place is weird. Men wear ties; girls wear skirts and no stockings. No pants were seen on any of the women.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

First 3 tests on line, then phone interview. In person interview starts with 2 more tests then finally talk to HR person. Very hard to take HR seriously when she says business professional attire at all times when she was wearing leggings and baggy shirt.

Manager- Warehouse Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was standard, applied online, contacted next day for interview. One thing to note this is an odd process...they do not even interview you for the position you apply for. They mass interview people with very generic interview questions. When asked about what salary I would expect, I had to ask what jobs are even open. The interviewer did not know and stated that he does this weekly mass interview. I feel that they trick people for lack of a better term into interviewing and I am not sure why. They give two timed math assessments called HAY, numerical assessments that are EASY. The first one was matching numbers that are the same, it is insulting to professional people. The second is a sequencing assessment in which you have to decide what number comes next. It was bizarre to say the least. After you take the math assessments, you are called one by one to sit in a chair with an interviewer, there are like 20 sets of chairs lined up by eachother and they just mass interview people. The whole process took about an hour

Interview Questions

• Where did you hear about us? Why did you leave your last job? What are your strengths/weaknesses? What shift are you looking for? What are you looking to make? *nothing about your past jobs, what your skill sets are, what you can bring to the company...   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Senior manager gave a great interview, but team leader was uninterested, fidgety and quiet until the end of the interview when she spouted off about her work! The senior manager had a look of complete surprise and shock on her face. I had to go through 2 interviews and many, many personality and competency tests before they would even tell me about the position, complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with our dresscode of wearing skirts with hose from October-May?   1 Answer

Position did not offer enough variety and the dress code was too strict.

Corporate/Training Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI).

Interview

The recruiter was pleasant enough and the building is beautiful. However, the amount of psychological intelligence testing was more than any *normal* company. Testing a seasoned and accomplished professional in areas that have no direct correlation to the job, is a bit strange. It's insulting, actually. After my experience, I can understand why the same postings have been in circulation for a year. Either a lot of people are flunking the typing tests or there is such a high rate of turn-over, which is a sign of greater cultural problems. This is a huge red flag!

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions to gain work history and how it aligns to the current role. Are you qualified with your experience to be a strong candidate?   1 Answer
    • Standard: Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Behavioral Questions. Describe a time when you had to do X (job task). How did you approach it? When faced with conflict, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

For the amount of time involved in this interview process it did move very quickly. However, there are many steps involved. Here was my process: Phone screening from HR, multiple online tests and paperwork to fill out, in person onsite interview in Milwaukee preceded by additional testing. After I made it through those rounds of interviews, I was invited to an onsite interview in Pleasant Prairie but had to complete three additional skills testing online before attending. I then had 3 separate 1:1 interviews (totaling about 2.5 hours). I was told that if they liked me then they would review my test results before making a final decision. All final hiring decisions have to be approved by the president. If I hadn't received an offer it would have been pretty frustrating considering the HOURS of testing, driving, and interviewing put in. Though I did not accept the offer, I was told post acceptance it would be at least another week of waiting to clear a background check, reference check, and drug test. All of the people I met were really great; it's just the hiring process that doesn't create a great first impression.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI).

Interview

I went for three interviews. Each lasted 1.5 hours. Basic questions nothing overly challenging. Like all other reviews, I took several assessments. Received an 'no thanks' email! Really? Seemed a like a chicken way to end the process with an executive candidate. 8 months later the positions are still being advertised. Really? Is this an issue with the candidates or those that are making the decisions???????

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process went as such: a corporate recruiter conducted an in-person interview. After he decided I was a good candidate, he set up consecutive interviews with who would be my two managers and the department director. Before my second round of interviews, I completed timed tests. One of them was a sort of Wonderlic test and the other was a test in which I was asked to verify if two sets of numbers were the same. All of the interviews were relatively casual, and the people who interviewed me made me want the job even more.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness? Why do you want to work here? What are you looking for in a company?   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later. Was brought in for an interview with a woman in HR that was pretty general in terms of questions. Strengths, weaknesses, etc. About a week after that I was brought back in and went through a series of three interviews with a pricing analyst, a director of merchandise and director of pricing. These questions were similar to the initial interview with a focus on the job.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uline (Pleasant Prairie, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Several tests prior to the interview. Once at the interview, there were more tests at a 3rd grade level; matching numbers and sequence tests. Very degrading to someone with two degrees and over 15 years of experience. Then I met with the recruiter who asked me simple questions that were on my resume. Then I was passed on to do more tests, word, excel, and access. I followed up and two days later I received the "thank you, no thank you" letter. This position has been out there over a year. Personally, I will never apply again at this company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   1 Answer