Uline Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.4

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

This company advertises nonstop. I went through the second phone interview. The interviewer was uninterested, getting dates wrong on my resume and she actually yawned at one point. She actually yawned!

The testing is outrageous for a sales representative position.

Everything you are reading here is all correct.

They ask for too much information upfront. Which could be illegal. They hire people from Rac Enterprise mostly or 25-30 age group.

I don't know why, but apparently, they go through reps quickly.

I am an outstanding sales rep and know my qualifications. So, needless to say, I was shocked when she yawned in my interview. Maybe she was too tired this day. I am now laughing!

I usually don't write these reviews. But, I feel that I will save a lot of people time in their new career search.

Other Interview Reviews for Uline

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uline in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy interview, I don't agree with what other are saying about it being sterile or bland, the recruiter that spoke with me was extremely friendly and transparent when it came time for me to ask him questions. When we were done, he made me feel very confident and even stated "they were moving the ball down the field" and that someone would reach out to schedule another interview. Like others have stated though, I was later told they would in fact not be moving forward. Leads me to believe HR is not inline with other departments.

Interview Questions

• They make me take some numerical based tests. They asked generic questions: Why are you leaving, Where do you see your self... etc   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Uline.

Interview

Candidates are required to go through 4 assessments before you get a face to face to face. I apparently made the first cut, got a personal interview where upon arriving there were 2 more "number sequencing and logic" type test I needed to complete before the actual interview.

The interviewer was fairly pleasant but seemed to almost as if they were trying to talk me out of the position rather than find where my (albeit overqualified) skill set could be an asset to their company. Be prepared to be micromanaged and under the microscope as that is the culture as it was explained to me.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for us?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

This was a phone interview (which are tricky as is), but they were vague, only went over things on my resume. I feel there could have been more personal questions about my experiences. The questions could have been answered by looking at my resume and when I went into extreme detail there was little to no feedback.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Uline in May 2014.

Interview

they have several tests before they conduct the interview. These are IQ test such as guessing what the next number will be following after some patterned number. Then they asked several general questions such as: tell me about yourself, what is your weakness and strength.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Uline (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process takes 4-6 weeks. If you are in a hurry to be employed, keep searching. the culture of the company thrives on structuring everything you do.

Interview Questions

• If the interviewer were to ask your supervisor, what is the one-word that best describes you?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Uline in February 2014.

Interview

-Contacted by phone for a face to face interview
    -Had to complete a writing and personality test before the face to face interview
    -Completed numbers recognition and sequencing test when I arrived at the interview
    -Spoke with someone from HR

I've never been to a Sales interview where number tests are vital in hiring a Sales Rep. My test results didn't fall into the acceptable range, so I ended up speaking with a disinterested HR rep. I was told by the receptionist, I would speak to a Sales Manager if my test results were satisfactory. I knew I didn't do well once I met with HR.

The Sales Rep position here isn't your traditional Outside Sales role, it's more of an account managing role where you update current customers on chages/additions to the catalog. It seems like an entry-level turn and burn position, so it would not have been a fit for me. Probably a good place to learn face to face sales skills and move on to another company.

Interview Questions

• Do you like a proven process, or would you rather create a different method?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Uline (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR. Went well and invited to 2 face to face interviews. First interview went well, but found out it was an exploratory position that may be created in 5-6 months after restructuring. Knew they do this as I reviewed the process here on Glassdoor. Continued with other interview with other sales reps, but never met with branch mgr. Not sure why they are interviewing 5-6 months out. How do they expect candidates to stick around that long?

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer commissioned or non-commissioned sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Uline (Eagan, MN) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very extensive. I saw that ULINE was hiring for Sales Rep. positions. I interviewed and the very first interview took 3 hours! I had to take multiple skills, personality, IQ tests. The second interview was with a Sales Rep and took 45 min. nothing big or neccesary happened. The 3rd was a sales ride along with the Sales Rep Manager. It was 7 hours long, the Sales Rep did not take me out to eat or buy me any meal. He seemed interested in me, was polite, excited as was everybody in this process. He said he would get back to me ina few days. I got a call and they wanted me to meet with Duke Uihlein the Manager of the Eagen facility in 2 weeks. Duke Uihlein was the most arrogant, rude person I haveever met. He did not make eye contact with me during our brief 30 min interview, or even listen to me. I had the weirdest feeling from him. He said they would get back to me in 24 hours by phone about if they had an offer for me. 3 days later I get an automated message back from them saying no job.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Uline (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

They started on time. it was fun and lively. the interview mostly focused on my background of work. they were more interested in my work from my previous employer. they asked about the process i do in my previous job. they asked and discussed each strength that i mention. they also asked about the weakness and how do you overcome it.