Uline

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Uline in May 2014.

Interview Details – they have several tests before they conduct the interview. These are IQ test such as guessing what the next number will be following after some patterned number. Then they asked several general questions such as: tell me about yourself, what is your weakness and strength.

Interview Question – What do other people think or say about you?   Answer Question

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Uline in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process takes 4-6 weeks. If you are in a hurry to be employed, keep searching. the culture of the company thrives on structuring everything you do.

Interview Question – If the interviewer were to ask your supervisor, what is the one-word that best describes you?   View Answer

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Uline in February 2014.

Interview Details – -Contacted by phone for a face to face interview
-Had to complete a writing and personality test before the face to face interview
-Completed numbers recognition and sequencing test when I arrived at the interview
-Spoke with someone from HR

I've never been to a Sales interview where number tests are vital in hiring a Sales Rep. My test results didn't fall into the acceptable range, so I ended up speaking with a disinterested HR rep. I was told by the receptionist, I would speak to a Sales Manager if my test results were satisfactory. I knew I didn't do well once I met with HR.

The Sales Rep position here isn't your traditional Outside Sales role, it's more of an account managing role where you update current customers on chages/additions to the catalog. It seems like an entry-level turn and burn position, so it would not have been a fit for me. Probably a good place to learn face to face sales skills and move on to another company.

Interview Question – Do you like a proven process, or would you rather create a different method?   View Answers (2)

Waukegan, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Uline.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR. Went well and invited to 2 face to face interviews. First interview went well, but found out it was an exploratory position that may be created in 5-6 months after restructuring. Knew they do this as I reviewed the process here on Glassdoor. Continued with other interview with other sales reps, but never met with branch mgr. Not sure why they are interviewing 5-6 months out. How do they expect candidates to stick around that long?

Interview Question – Do you prefer commissioned or non-commissioned sales?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Uline in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very extensive. I saw that ULINE was hiring for Sales Rep. positions. I interviewed and the very first interview took 3 hours! I had to take multiple skills, personality, IQ tests. The second interview was with a Sales Rep and took 45 min. nothing big or neccesary happened. The 3rd was a sales ride along with the Sales Rep Manager. It was 7 hours long, the Sales Rep did not take me out to eat or buy me any meal. He seemed interested in me, was polite, excited as was everybody in this process. He said he would get back to me ina few days. I got a call and they wanted me to meet with Duke Uihlein the Manager of the Eagen facility in 2 weeks. Duke Uihlein was the most arrogant, rude person I haveever met. He did not make eye contact with me during our brief 30 min interview, or even listen to me. I had the weirdest feeling from him. He said they would get back to me in 24 hours by phone about if they had an offer for me. 3 days later I get an automated message back from them saying no job.

Interview Question – How old are you   View Answers (2)

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Uline in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone call to take a personality test online then had a phone interview

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Worked for Uline? Contribute to the Community!