Uline Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uline (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Four on line assessments, on line application, hand written application, and 2 pre interview assessments in a group setting precede a face to face interview. Everybody very friendly, courteous and professional. Communication was clear that the right fit was preferred over a quick fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you co workers describe you? How would your customers describe you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Uline

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

This company advertises nonstop. I went through the second phone interview. The interviewer was uninterested, getting dates wrong on my resume and she actually yawned at one point. She actually yawned! The testing is outrageous for a sales representative position. Everything you are reading here is all correct. They ask for too much information upfront. Which could be illegal. They hire people from Rac Enterprise mostly or 25-30 age group. I don't know why, but apparently, they go through reps quickly. I am an outstanding sales rep and know my qualifications. So, needless to say, I was shocked when she yawned in my interview. Maybe she was too tired this day. I am now laughing! I usually don't write these reviews. But, I feel that I will save a lot of people time in their new career search.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uline in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy interview, I don't agree with what other are saying about it being sterile or bland, the recruiter that spoke with me was extremely friendly and transparent when it came time for me to ask him questions. When we were done, he made me feel very confident and even stated "they were moving the ball down the field" and that someone would reach out to schedule another interview. Like others have stated though, I was later told they would in fact not be moving forward. Leads me to believe HR is not inline with other departments.

Interview Questions

• They make me take some numerical based tests. They asked generic questions: Why are you leaving, Where do you see your self... etc   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Uline.

Interview

Candidates are required to go through 4 assessments before you get a face to face to face. I apparently made the first cut, got a personal interview where upon arriving there were 2 more "number sequencing and logic" type test I needed to complete before the actual interview. The interviewer was fairly pleasant but seemed to almost as if they were trying to talk me out of the position rather than find where my (albeit overqualified) skill set could be an asset to their company. Be prepared to be micromanaged and under the microscope as that is the culture as it was explained to me.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for us?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

This was a phone interview (which are tricky as is), but they were vague, only went over things on my resume. I feel there could have been more personal questions about my experiences. The questions could have been answered by looking at my resume and when I went into extreme detail there was little to no feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Uline (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Uline Recruiter Interview, Online Personality Test, Face to Face with HR. Face to Face with GM, Face to Face with RM, Ride Along with Sales Rep, and then the Job offer after tour of the warehouse.

Interview Questions

• Are you results driven or goal oriented?   1 Answer
    • Personal Management Questions?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Uline in May 2014.

Interview

they have several tests before they conduct the interview. These are IQ test such as guessing what the next number will be following after some patterned number. Then they asked several general questions such as: tell me about yourself, what is your weakness and strength.

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uline (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process takes 4-6 weeks. If you are in a hurry to be employed, keep searching. the culture of the company thrives on structuring everything you do.

Interview Questions

• If the interviewer were to ask your supervisor, what is the one-word that best describes you?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Uline in February 2014.

Interview

-Contacted by phone for a face to face interview -Had to complete a writing and personality test before the face to face interview -Completed numbers recognition and sequencing test when I arrived at the interview -Spoke with someone from HR I've never been to a Sales interview where number tests are vital in hiring a Sales Rep. My test results didn't fall into the acceptable range, so I ended up speaking with a disinterested HR rep. I was told by the receptionist, I would speak to a Sales Manager if my test results were satisfactory. I knew I didn't do well once I met with HR. The Sales Rep position here isn't your traditional Outside Sales role, it's more of an account managing role where you update current customers on chages/additions to the catalog. It seems like an entry-level turn and burn position, so it would not have been a fit for me. Probably a good place to learn face to face sales skills and move on to another company.

Interview Questions

• Do you like a proven process, or would you rather create a different method?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Uline (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR. Went well and invited to 2 face to face interviews. First interview went well, but found out it was an exploratory position that may be created in 5-6 months after restructuring. Knew they do this as I reviewed the process here on Glassdoor. Continued with other interview with other sales reps, but never met with branch mgr. Not sure why they are interviewing 5-6 months out. How do they expect candidates to stick around that long?

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer commissioned or non-commissioned sales?   1 Answer