Ullico

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Ullico in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very thorough. For a job requiring 7-10 years experience, it was the right amount of interviewing - hiring manager, his/her boss, 2 peers and 1 subordinate of a peer who would be a stakeholder of the role I interviewed for. The process involved a phone call with HR and the hiring manager, then one day of interviews in person with these 2 people in person, as well as all the others I listed. Questions asked were sound and fitting. Everyone was polite and acted professionally.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in insurance? I never had been in insurance before and was not in love with the industry I came from (medical reporting), so I answered as best I could about my interest in a technical type of industry that my skills could tranfer to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company will consider limited relocation assistance for mid level positions, and very good relo for senior positions. There is no negotiation on vacation and sick days, but overall their benefits offering is better than average.

Accountant Interview

Accountant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ullico.

Interview Details – 2 round. first round is about 1-hour. typical HR question. "why you want this position", etc. 2nd round is easy, the department head talks a lot. did not ask many question. asked salary expectation. then hr followed up in a week with the offer. not great salary but benefit is good,

Interview Question – how much you want?   Answer Question

Senior Underwriter Interview

Senior Underwriter
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ullico.

Interview Details – At the time of the my hiring, the company was going through a managerial change. The company brought on board new staff and products to better place themselves in the market. I was interviewed by the Senior Underwriter at the time and the President of the company. They really wanted an experienced underwriter because they needed to hit the ground running.

Interview Question – The interview was pretty easy going. No surprises or unexpected questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was communication going back and forth about salary and signing bonus. After the initial offer, the entire negotiation took about three days.

Group Underwriter Interview

Group Underwriter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ullico.

Interview Details – Very easy math test and easy interview once you pass the math tear

Interview Question – None   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negoatiate salary or benefits

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ullico? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ullico interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ullico employees and interview candidates.