Ulta Beauty

Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

I applied online and received an email invitation to interview in person with the GM. I requested an initial phone interview to learn more about the role and assess whether I would be a suitable fit however the GM declined and said she needs to see me in person. I arrived 15 minutes early to the interview, however the GM was 25 minutes late. The interview was conducted in a public space near the store because there was no allocated location. The meeting lasted approximately 40 minutes. The questions were easy but redundant because she read off a paper so it was not conversational or flowing. I am unsure whether she even understood the questions she asked because it was extremely repetitive. I also found that the job description discussed during the interview did not match the one on their careers website and the questions asked did not align with my background. It was highly unprofessional and I was disappointed with the overall experience- not worth my time.

Overqualified

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2013.

Started with a phone interview from a company recruiter. Followed by an in-person interview. Both were really standard questions. They really put a lot of focus on the attitude or enthusiasm for the company/industry.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation, really important to give a higher pay expectation. Really helped me get more since I was coming from a company that paid better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in May 2013.

Applied online and went to interview at another store. She was late getting there and I had to wait about 15 minutes, but I felt like I had a good rapport with the Store Manager and the interview went well, she asked lots of questions and I felt like I did pretty good. I do have about 16 years cosmetics experience. I was very disappointed when she didn't take out 5 minutes of her time to call me back and tell me that they chose someone else like she promised she would. Not very professional!

Interview Questions
    • She took me to part of the store and asked me to tell her what was wrong with it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in June 2011.

Apparently the interview was too easy for me. I was already a manager with Ulta before and never heard anything back after the interview. Months later I had found out that the reason I did not get the job was because I came across as a know it all. When you have worked for a company for 7 years you get to know what you are doing very well. I felt as though I answered all questions effectively and proficeintly . I though that I did very well. It turns out that i was wrong and did not go in to enough detail, even though I thought I spoke too much during the process. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • What quality do you need to work on the most?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in February 2010.

Must pass online test in order to be interviewed. You will interview with 2-3 people, within a 1 or 2 week range. Basic normal questions, regarding work history, work ethic, how often do you call in sick. You should not have any more than 2 sick days called in, in 1 year.

Didn't have to

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in January 2012.

Someone I know works there. They told them about me. I was called to come for an interview

Interview Questions
    • Are you a licensed cosmetologist\   View Answer
    • Do you have experience with a beauty supply store?   View Answer

Not enough money, not enough benefits.