Ulta Beauty Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in April 2011.

The entire interview process took me six months. I had several interviews with the district manager. a phone interview with HR, and two additional interviews with ither store managers. the actual interviews were very normal compared to other retail manager interviews. Although I was interviewing for a General Manager position and was told that was the position I would be getting until it came time for the offer letter, where it stated my position as assistant store manager. disappointing, because I had invested six months into the interview process and had already made plans to relocate to a different city for the job. so i took the position. I had 13 years experience, and was treated like a child once I got there. Horrible.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were normal retail manager interview questions.   Answer Question
I negotiated for a higher salary. which they took a day to get back to me on, and they met my requirement.

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2010.

Basic interview questions. They focus a lot on guest service and role playing situations. Be prepared to discuss how you would lead the team/leadership style. Also as a lot of questions about past experience based off of your resume.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guest asked you about a skin care line that you knew nothing about and no one was around to help you?   Answer Question
    short-they don't budge much on salary negotiations.