Ulta Beauty Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and comfortable. Asked me about previous work experience, how would I react in certain situations, any experience with their products and services I had, things like that. The manager was very positive and answered questions thoroughly. I applied online and they called me the next day. Explained the job and what I would be expected to look for and do. Discussed the hours I would be working.

Interview Questions

• What is your work experience? Do you have experience with our store and/or products and service we offer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

The entire interview process took me six months. I had several interviews with the district manager. a phone interview with HR, and two additional interviews with ither store managers. the actual interviews were very normal compared to other retail manager interviews. Although I was interviewing for a General Manager position and was told that was the position I would be getting until it came time for the offer letter, where it stated my position as assistant store manager. disappointing, because I had invested six months into the interview process and had already made plans to relocate to a different city for the job. so i took the position. I had 13 years experience, and was treated like a child once I got there. Horrible.

Interview Questions

• All questions were normal retail manager interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for a higher salary. which they took a day to get back to me on, and they met my requirement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ulta Beauty (Arlington Heights, Cook, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

Basic interview questions. They focus a lot on guest service and role playing situations. Be prepared to discuss how you would lead the team/leadership style. Also as a lot of questions about past experience based off of your resume.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a guest asked you about a skin care line that you knew nothing about and no one was around to help you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

short-they don't budge much on salary negotiations.