Ulta Beauty

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty.

Interview Details – Applied for management position, interviewed for beauty consultant aka "cashier." Had one in-person interview with the store's GM (new store, had not opened yet). Received a call within a few days with an offer.

Interview Question – No hard questions, they are making sure that you are capable of customer service and have an interest in what they sell-cosmetics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I applied for a management position, I asked for $12/hr on the application, but offer was for $8/hr as the cashier.

Very Easy Interview

Altoona, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in November 2012.

Interview Details – after putting my app in I recieved a phone call about a month later for an interview. It was a very relaxed group interview. The two managers were very upbeat and friendly and offered several posistions. I got a call back two days later for a better postion than i orginally applied for.

Interview Question – they were pretty general questions, they didnt really ask much it was more just explain the posistions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i was excited to accept

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in October 2012.

Interview Details – Hey! Just wanted to share my experience with the interview and hiring process.
I applied on Sept. 28th. I was called the 29th to set up an interview for the 1st of October.
I met with the General Manager and she was hilarious and SOO nice! The interview lasted about 15 minutes all together. Super quick. She basically told me what the job entailed and the dress code, etc. She told me it was black bottom and white/black top AND, get this, you have to wear lipstick. Hello? hahaha. That just seemed odd to me, but I am okay with that! :D Anyway, I got a call on the 2nd (today), and she offered me the position and I accepted. Going to fill out paperwork on the 3rd. It all happened so quick, I was so shocked yet excited and relieved at the same time!

Interview Questions

• What other retail stores have you worked at?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had a customer just completely flip out on you? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had a memorable experience (in a good way) in a retail store with YOU as the customer?   Answer Question
  • Give me 3 key characteristics someone has to have in order to work in retail?   Answer Question

Fairless Hills, PA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was very nervous at first because the Store Manager had me do someones make-up. I guess it made sence since I was applying for a job that would require me to know how to do make up. She gave me a few pointers and let me do my thing. I must have done pretty well because I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What was you best sales experience at a store and what store was it   View Answer
  • Why would you be a great sales associate   View Answer
  • Do you have plans on a vacation in the month of December because its our bussiest time of year   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt really try .

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ulta Beauty

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ulta Beauty Beauty Consultant interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ulta Beauty employees and interview candidates.